Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What background pony would you like to see make a major role?

ermahgerdapples

Hey guys. I'm interested in what pony or ponies you would like to see play a major role in at least one or two episodes. I personally would like to see Vinyl Scratch/DJ-PON3 or Derpy/Ditzy Doo make a major role. I'm not doing a poll, since there are lots of background ponies and most of them are loved by the Brony Fandom. So, anyway, what background pony or ponies would you like to see make a major role?

post-16494-0-38502600-1370804529_thumb.png

(edited)

I don't think I'd like to see a Vinyl Scratch episode as I want her to maintain her 'mysteriousness'. Although, I would quite like to see a Derpy Hooves episode or something. img-1542624-1-derpy_emoticon1.png

Edited by BrainyBrony
  • Brohoof 2

I wouldn't mind an episode about Vinyl. Or perhaps Lyra and Bon-Bon. I want to see something that builds off the fandom, like having Vinyl and Octavia live together.

I figure a lot of people are going to say Derpy, and I thought about that myself, but... she's just not a very interesting character to me. She's funny and comical, but that's about the depth of her character... ditzy.

lol I just got ninja'd on that second one.

But really, I want to see a character who hasn't been developed, such as Lyra, Bon-Bon, Vinyl, Octavia, or perhaps even Colgate. Heh, we could see Colgate's war against cavities. :P

• Brohoof 4

I think there should be an entire episode about Derpy. That would have a lot of potential for humor. There could also be an episode about Vinyl and Octavia, . There could be some really funny character interactions between those two, seeing how they have completely opposite personalities. Imagine a Vinyl and Octavia episode written by Meghan Mccarthy, or hell, even M.A. Larson. That would be some funny shit.

I would like to see Dinky Doo have a role in an episode with the CMC. It would be interesting and cute to see her interact with the three. I don't know what they would do, but oh well.

As for Derpy, I don't really care if she gets a major role or not, but another cameo would be nice.

None of them particularly. While I wouldn't mind seeing some more appearances from Cloud Kicker and Blossomforth, I don't really have enough investment in any of the background characters to want them to play major roles in episodes. I also don't know if they'd be able to carry a big part of an episode anyway. I guess it depends on how they'd be written.

• Brohoof 3

None of them particularly. While I wouldn't mind seeing some more appearances from Cloud Kicker and Blossomforth, I don't really have enough investment in any of the background characters to want them to play major roles in episodes. I also don't know if they'd be able to carry a big part of an episode anyway. I guess it depends on how they'd be written.

That's debatable. I'm pretty sure they could carry the episode. It's all about developing your characters, anyway, and the background ponies have only been developed by the fandom. You can't tell me that you wouldn't appreciate seeing them give us another little nod such as having Vinyl and Octavia living together. I love stuff like that. :P

... i would love to see Derpy have her own episode, I would watch that.

Although I would like to say they should have an episode with just Octavia and Vinyl. Already the fandom has put together a get display of them hanging out together, 

• Brohoof 1

i would like to see cloudchaser she seems like she could contribute a little to the plot  with the wonderblots academy and hurricane fluttershy it seems like she could do a little more.  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'd really like to see something more about Octavia and/or Vinyl.  As for voicing I would think Vinyl would have a similar voice to Rainbow Dash.As for Octavia, I think she'd have a british accent of some sort. It'd be interesting to see.

As for Derpy, well I don't know...they've already got a voice actor for her, and my guess she just might have a few more lines in Season 4.

Edited by Flutter Dash

Seafoam (or whatever she's called now), the one with the dolphins cutie mark. She's my babe and my desktop :) But I'd like her to ditch her masculine voice! That seriously creeped me out (Cool! A bowling cutiemark!). 

@, agreed.   I mean, you know me, and you know that I love Derpy Hooves with a passion, but realistically she'll never get a major episode devoted to herself after the Season 2 incident, if even any major role at any point in the remainder of the show.  I think the only way that any episode where the background ponies featured in major roles could work would be if there was an episode that featured a lot of them as a kind of "background pony group" (similar to the Mane 6, except background ponies instead).  I don't think that just one or two of them alone would ever be enough to carry an entire episode, especially if they've had nothing beforehand but cameo and background appearances. 

• Brohoof 4

Well Cherilee and Big Mac has an episode.

Hmmm. There are a lot of them. I would like to see a few more positive male characters.

My vote would Be for Fancy Pants and Fleur De Lis , maybe a romance sub plot to tie the story together. Fancy Pants was somewhat of a mentor, and I would like to see more of that. And I really want to hear the voice of Fleur.

• Brohoof 1

It would be cool to see background ponies play a major role, since we never see them play a major role.

Here's the list:

• Lyra
  • Bon Bon
  • Octavia
  • Vinyl Scratch
  • Cloud Chaser
  • Blossomforth
  • Flitter
  • Derpy
  • Dr.Hooves

And other ponies that,  deserve a major role. :)

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, I think Golden Harvest/ Carrot Top makes a perfect candidate. Isn't she good friends with most of the background ponies? I mean, it would make such a calm, subtle episode. Just her walking around, maybe delivering produce to background ponies. Maybe Octavia is trying to convince Vinyl to eat vegetables, or Doctor Whooves (his official name now, yay!) and Derpy are making carrot-flavored muffins or something, and she teases him with the pears she bought. Bon Bon is caring for a sick Lyra, who was up playing her lyre/studying humans all night and needs some vegetable soup.
You know, this would make a good fanfiction, but i'd rather it be an actual episode, canon or not ^w^

I think I would like to see a Lyra/Bon Bon episode. What would be great is an episode that would put to rest all the shippings between those two, they're just friends, kay? Haha, I bet Lyra has a coltfriend now that I think about it.

I would really like to see an eisode based on that really... really bulky white pegasus with the military mohawk manecut.... would be very interesting....

Snowflake!

• Brohoof 1

Do I even need to say it... im sure everyone wants what I want and that is Derpy Hooves she's best background pony (my opinion) but I would second Vyinl Scratch just because I love DJ music.

• Brohoof 1

I'd actually love to see Roseluck have a big part in an episode.

One episode idea I had was along the lines of Roseluck leaving town for a few days and all the flowers start to wilt and decay and it makes all the residents of Ponyville upset to see their town so devoid of greeny. Then she comes back, works her magic and bam, Ponyville is back in bloom.

The moral of the story would be that everypony has their part to play. No matter how small your role may seem, it has the potential to affect many others.

I'm personally rooting for Lyra.  She's my favorite background pony and I would love to see how her energy that she has in the background (dat grin!) would carry over if she has a major role in an episode.   

• Brohoof 1

Wow, am I the only brony here who doesn't know that many background ponies? I do recognize seeing most of them before, though. I didn't know who roseluck was until I searched her, and I found a picture of her. I was like, "Oh, yeah, her."

Roseluck Quote: "The horror, the horror!"