• Classical
    • Blues
    • Pop
    • Other (Explain)
    • Alternative
    • Country
    • Folk

Let's see here...

I'm a great fan of electronic music (got introduced to it by Approaching Nirvana) as well as Jazz and Classical.

Can't tolerate dubstep or metal, though.

I am a multigenrist, but theartists/bands I listen to right now is:

Limp Bizkit (Nu Metal/Rap Metal)

Korn (Nu Metal)

Avenged Sevenfold (Metal)

Wasted Penguinz (Hardstyle)

Bingo Players (Dutch House)

Arctic Monkeys (Alternative Rock)

Coldplay (Alternative Rock)

Bar 9 (Dubstep)

Edited by Soundgarden

It's not a music genre per say than a instrument that's in most of the stuff I like.

Guitars... If it has one I'm almost guaranteed to like it. In fact it also counts for pretty much anything in that instrument family, banjos, balalaikas etc all are awesome.

Of course I like other stuff outside of it but guitars dominate my music collection.

I would say it all depends on my mood, but usually, I would say Metal (most of the subgenres), Jazz (Swing, Blues), Drum and Bass (Especially Neurofunk), Dubstep (not like the skrillex kind), House, Reggae, Techno (not the stereotypical name for EDM), Industrial, rock, IDM, Hardcore/Gabber, ambient, should I say more?

Today I feel like listening to Liquid DNB, Mistabishi, Netsky, Bukem, etc.

I could tell stuff I love out of quite every genre I know (exceptions are Schlager and Volksmusik).

What I grew up to was traditional irish music, which makes me feel home until today. I also enjoy rather calm jazz, and the spectrum of electronic music as well, like dubstep, hardcore, breakbeat...

There are too many genres to list off that I like

Probably because I grew up with two parents

That had completely different musical tastes

My mom would play System Of A Down, Daft Punk, and P.O.D. in the car for me

And she also had a CD full of a whole bunch of different Dream Trance-type songs

My dad would play Dave Matthews, Enya, Dido, Bob Marley, Johnny Cash and a whole lot of other easy listening stuff

As I started to grow up I had gotten into the more hardcore type stuff

All of that really heavy metal stuff like Pig Destroyer, ISIS, Converge, Neurosis etc,

And even some Progressive type stuff like Pink Floyd, Dream Theater, and Rush

I had also gotten into all of the more Ambient, IDM and experimental electronic stuff

Like Aphex Twin, Squarepusher, Boards Of Canada etc.

Some stuff back when rave scenes were first coming out like:

The Crystal Method, The Chemical Brothers, Underworld and all of that kind of stuff

And today I even like some soundtrack type stuff by guys like Vangelis and Hans Zimmer

So I guess you could put it as I like a lot different types of Metal and Electronic

Along with various stuff from different genres

• Brohoof 1

I really like Mandonpony's V-Scratch Sessions series, so Techno and Dubstep are some of my favorites. My dad basically only plays rock and roll, so I learned to really appreciate and like that as well. I don't really like country, I feel it's a bit too whiny. Techno and Dubstep tell me a lot of things that other genres can't, they really speak to me. I think they'll always be my favorite.

Well, my two favorite bands are The Decemberists, which is indie rock, and Yes, which is progressive/alternative rock.  I also really like game music.  Silent Hill and Final Fantasy music is great, and some TV shows have great music too, like Noien, and of course MLP.

I grew up on Metal which pretty much started when my dad put on a Whitesnake tape in the car with their

. Long story short, I got into Metal big time, and now I listen to everything from Heavy Metal, to Black Metal, to Power Metal, to Folk Metal and almost everything in between. I eventually got into Post-Metal and some of it's derivatives, and I'm quite into the whole Shoegaze and "Blackgaze" thing.

I also listen to a lot of Rock, particularly Goth Rock, Deathrock, Industrial Rock, Synth Rock, and a bunch of others, as well Darkwave and some 80's New Wave.

I can't remember exactly when, but when I was a lot younger, I remember getting into Euphoric Trance and Happy Hardcore. For a while, they were the only kinds of electronic music I could really enjoy for some reason aside from 80's New Wave/Synthpop, and the synths and programming used in some of the Rock and Metal I listened too, but a few years ago, I discovered

and I seriously got into the whole Post-Industrial scene. It started with Harsh EBM and Aggrotech, and I eventually got into Electro-Industrial, Traditional EBM, Futurepop and modern Synth Pop. These days, I also listen to different kinds of EDM, Glitch, and a bunch of other stuff I can't be bothered to list and most probably fall under EDM anyway. Lately, I've been listening to IDM as well, which I've been meaning to do for a while.

Aside from all that, I also really enjoy Classical music, as well as various kinds of Folk, Dark Cabaret, a bit of Horror Punk and a whole load of other stuff. There's a lot of music I dislike as well, but I tend to give everything a chance.

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

There is no Bad music there is just things you like or dont like. Bird i hae something to tell ya... im in the same boat as you are you should give any and every genre of music. (i found i like it all) it is good to start with something familiar if i were you i would start with some fanmade music. (by the way your username is my last name. i thought that was funny)

I have a very wide spectrum of genres I like. I'll try to name as many as possible.

Video Game music

Film music

Broadway

Opera

Classical

Contemporary 

Choral 

Progressive Metal

Progressive Rock

Djent

some R&B (alicia keys type stuff)

Symphonic Rock

Classic Rock

Metal

Punk

Alternative Rock (I'm kinda picky with this genre tho)

anything 90s

Acapella groups <3

Whatever Coldplay is

American Folk

English Folk

Japanese Folk (pentatonic goodness)

Jazz (including beebop, vocal jazz and small jazz groups.)

House

Trance

Electronica

Dubstep

Disco

and probably quite a few that I missed

• Brohoof 1

I listen to darn near everything, but my all-time favorite is classical. Something about it is very stirring to me. I think it's because of the lack of lyrics...it's like instrumental music taps into emotions and thoughts that cannot be expressed with words.

• Brohoof 1

I listen to almost everything but my favorite is Jazz both because of how diverse and varied it is and how fun it is as a musician to play. Seriously you can do pretty much anything with Jazz.

• Brohoof 1

I'm the kinda guy who knows good music when i hear it... but at the end of the day, punk is my number one. when i go to punk shows, especially super hardcore ones, one of the first things i look for is the pit. just gotta watch out for beer bottles and spitters.

check out this swedish punk band

and check out these guys too. listen to the breaking glass at the end. hardcore!

Edited by zombronie
  • Brohoof 1

My favourite genres are electronica, doom metal, and a little experimental.

As some may have guessed based on my avi, my all-time favourite band has to be Pendulum(RIP :c).

I also like Knife Party, various Monstercat artists, and a few indie artists.

• Brohoof 1

I like a large virarity of music, especially heavy music (metal). I love most genres apart from jaz, I'm not a fan of it. Any music you can dance, sing and/or relate to is great. I believe there isn't any 'bad' or 'good' genres because everyone has different tastes.

Sympathetic metal is my latest addiction. Haha

• Brohoof 1

Whatever is on the radio usually. I don't mind alot of songs but if its just about girls and money i'll flip til I hear something I like.

Lately though i've been listening to fan created remixes of Street Fighter themes.

Edited by GolgoXIII

I love everything from orchestral to electronic to acoustic to screamo, but I have a soft spot for pop punk though. Nothing makes me happier than sitting down and listening to some Mayday Parade or A Day to Remember.

• Brohoof 1

I like a lot of Genres!!!

I listen to Rock,Rap,Metal and Pony music!

and i like to listen to Ben 10 Theme songs in Different languages :D

My favorite one...

"Chinese Version"

• Brohoof 1

I was just wondering what everyone's favourite music is. I can really go any way, but my favorites are rock and rap :)

Of coruse, I love all the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic music, especially the 8-bit version of "Babs Seed" :)

I was just wondering what everyone's favourite music is. I can really go any way, but my favorites are rock and rap :)

Of coruse, I love all the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic music, especially the 8-bit version of "Babs Seed" :)

Hi there, we've actually already got a thread regarding people's favorite types of music and such, which I've merged your thread into. :)

As for myself, I enjoy a bit of everything - from rock, rap, pop, country, various types of electronic music; more often than not, I'm able to get some enjoyment out of any given genre.

Speaking of rap, I actually made a rap thread ages ago. ;)