Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon X and Y Discussion Thread

BrainyBrony

Big news! Serebii.net has just updated their database with the complete Kalos Pokedex, as well as the version exclusives for X and Y.

Kalos Pokedex: http://www.serebii.net/xy/kalosdex.shtml

X/Y Exclusives: http://www.serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml

Personally, I'm really happy I pre-ordered Y. Heracross has always been one of my go-to Pokemon, and with news of Mega Heracross being confirmed I am excited to have him back on my team. I'm also very happy to see Sneasel in the Kalos Pokedex, as it is my absolute favorite Pokemon.

img-1917720-1-biggrin.png

I didn't think they'd release it today, i'm personally going to wait till i get the game i think and just play my first playthrough winging it on what pokemon i want. Which will probably mostly if not all be Kalos pokemon.

I might have to stray from here for fear of spoilers for the next days before i get the game ;p.

THEN I COME BACK FULL FORCE TO TALK ABOUT IT 24/7 AS I SPEND MY ENTIRE LIFE PLAYING IT!

Actually i'm kidding ;p, i still have other commitments ;p. But i will be playing it and discussing it here once i get it.

oh and that z legendary pokemon. I'm guessing its supposed to be based off the midgard serpent

any ideas? /=|

There are actually two plausible theories as to what Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde were based off of.

Hinduism / Trimurti

- Xerneas, the Life Pokemon = Brahma, the Creator

- Yveltal, the Destruction Pokemon = Shiva, the Destroyer

- Zygarde, the Order Pokemon = Vishnu, the Preserver

Norse Mythology / Yggdrasil

- Xerneas = the Stags, Dáinn, Dvalinn, Duneyrr and Duraþrór

- Yveltal = the Eagle

- Zygarde = the Wyrm, Níðhöggr

Visually, the Yggdrasil theory makes sense, however the Trimurti theory more accurately relates the three legendaries to their respective Hindu deities. It's very possible that Game Freak used elements of both when designing Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

• Brohoof 2

There are actually two plausible theories as to what Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde were based off of.

Hinduism / Trimurti

- Xerneas, the Life Pokemon = Brahma, the Creator

- Yveltal, the Destruction Pokemon = Shiva, the Destroyer

- Zygarde, the Order Pokemon = Vishnu, the Preserver

Norse Mythology / Yggdrasil

- Xerneas = the Stags, Dáinn, Dvalinn, Duneyrr and Duraþrór

- Yveltal = the Eagle

- Zygarde = the Wyrm, Níðhöggr

Visually, the Yggdrasil theory makes sense, however the Trimurti theory more accurately relates the three legendaries to their respective Hindu deities. It's very possible that Game Freak used elements of both when designing Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

ah I see. that's interesting

so if that's the case does that mean that zygarde will fill a similar role to rayquayza? zygarde's ability is called aura break so I'm guessing it negates the aura effects the other to have

• Brohoof 1

ah I see. that's interesting

so if that's the case does that mean that zygarde will fill a similar role to rayquayza? zygarde's ability is called aura break so I'm guessing it negates the aura effects the other to have

Yup! That's exactly what Aura Break does. Fairy Aura boosts the power of Fairy type moves, Dark Aura boosts the power of Dark type moves, and Aura Break negates the effect of Fairy Aura and Dark Aura.

• Brohoof 1

Yup! That's exactly what Aura Break does. Fairy Aura boosts the power of Fairy type moves, Dark Aura boosts the power of Dark type moves, and Aura Break negates the effect of Fairy Aura and Dark Aura.

Interesting, i guess pokemon Z is confirmed then ;p.

And that does sorta remind me of Rayquayza a bit. 

I'm also sorta hoping for other pokemon to have those abilities, however i have a feeling that it will be an exclusive like kyroge and groudone, except maybe on 1-2 pokemon.

• Brohoof 1

Big news! Serebii.net has just updated their database with the complete Kalos Pokedex, as well as the version exclusives for X and Y.

Kalos Pokedex: http://www.serebii.net/xy/kalosdex.shtml

X/Y Exclusives: http://www.serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml

Personally, I'm really happy I pre-ordered Y. Heracross has always been one of my go-to Pokemon, and with news of Mega Heracross being confirmed I am excited to have him back on my team. I'm also very happy to see Sneasel in the Kalos Pokedex, as it is my absolute favorite Pokemon.

img-1917720-1-biggrin.png

Did you say...Mega Heracross? Awesome!! I used Heracross in Black 2 and am glad I did. He's pretty strong! biggrin.png

About the Exclusives...Y gets Tyranitar? Oh, hells yeah! I was afraid Y was going to get the crappy exclusives, but I'm actually liking the Y exclusives better at the moment. Yay! wink.png

The Pokedex looks great so far! A lot of my favorites are coming back for X and Y. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm a little disappointed that there are only 69 new pokemon, the all-time lowest by a large amount (Johto coming in second with 100). But I get it. They had to convert every single old pokemon into 3-D models. That's 649 models to make, plus any new ones they wanted to make. So they decided to have a smaller amount of pokemon to have the release date be sooner (At least that's probably why). This generation is just kind of a test run with the whole 3D thing, and I'm sure generation 7 will have much more new pokemon.

• Brohoof 2

Big news! Serebii.net has just updated their database with the complete Kalos Pokedex, as well as the version exclusives for X and Y. Kalos Pokedex: http://www.serebii.net/xy/kalosdex.shtmlX/Y Exclusives: http://www.serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml Personally, I'm really happy I pre-ordered Y. Heracross has always been one of my go-to Pokemon, and with news of Mega Heracross being confirmed I am excited to have him back on my team. I'm also very happy to see Sneasel in the Kalos Pokedex, as it is my absolute favorite Pokemon. img-1917720-1-biggrin.png

Eh, any exclusive old Pokémon doesn't really phase me since I'll be able to get them later anyways(like Tyranitar which I already have). Hope their Mega Evolution items won't be exclusive though, I'm worried they will be though... :huh:

And I guess the third legend's name is Zygarde huh... well I know his name now but I'll try to keep what it looks like a surprise to me at least. :P

• Brohoof 1

Interesting, i guess pokemon Z is confirmed then ;p.

And that does sorta remind me of Rayquayza a bit. 

I'm also sorta hoping for other pokemon to have those abilities, however i have a feeling that it will be an exclusive like kyroge and groudone, except maybe on 1-2 pokemon.

Zygarde does seem to point there, but Kyurem was available in Black and White (and since Zygarde is apparently avalable in X and Y, it wouldn't be much of a selling point). With everything packed into X and Y, it'll keep us content for a while wink.png By time we're ready for the next, a Hoenn remake would be in higher demand.

And yeah, it's got a few parallel's to Rayquaza. An ability that counteracts the other two, a green color scheme, and body that could (naturally) form a Z-shape.....this Pokemon was made for you Zygen!! xD  All the more allure for Z(ygen) version, eh?

Oh, and about the genetic markers, they likely represent the introduction of Mega-evolutions. That'd leave the lineage open for a Z, but I still don't see it happening! tongue.png Even if they introduce more new Pokemon in Z, it may not be enough for me. Guess'll we'll have to see.

What I HAVE seen on serebii is awesome wub.png  Since I'm making my debut in X and Y (as a long-term trainer), I'm thrilled to see Tyranitar will be with me. It's a member of my conceptual dream team. And that Mega-evolution is impressive biggrin.png  Really works with how I envision it. Great to see Gengar got one as well. Now looking out for Alakazam's img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png  

Edited by Starlight Sky
  • Brohoof 1

Great to see Gengar got one as well

Oh man you would not believe how happy i was when i saw the first leak of Mega Gengar. My two favorite pokemon are Gengar and... well I'll assume you can guess... And they bothe have mega evolutions which is awesome! It's even more awesome that Mega Gengar is now confirmed! Gah i wish i could get these games soooo much 

• Brohoof 1

Hang on, I keep seeing talk about the Pokemon Z legendary, but I haven't seen it yet. Someone mind linking me info about it? Please?

He looks pretty bad ass in my option, Spoilers below for those people tongue.png

12160.jpg

I like it's design, just curious on what role he will take part in the main story when Z comes out.

• Brohoof 1

I'm very disappointed, I can't confirm a Mega Alakazam anywhere img-1918561-1-angry.png Gengar got one, why not Alakazam?!? He's my favorite psychic type!

Haha, Mega Tyranitar and Gengar are a great reveal. Now our hearts can handle the unveiling of Mega-Alakazam happy.png 

It'd be quite surprising if Alakazam didn't get one; especially after seeing Gengar's.

He's a definite favorite of mine, so I'd love Mega-Alakazam as the center of my psychic team e9FkmL5.png

Give it to us Game Freak! We're ready now yay.png

• Brohoof 1

I couldn't handle not looking at the new pokemon... Yeah, I spoiled myself... :(

Oh well, it honestly won't ruin the experience that much. The poster that came with pokemon stadium 2 didn't ruin me and I can't even remember half of them. What I can say is that the new art released has restored my hope in Delphox, I think Fennekin is still going to be my starter.

I am also really looking forward to the Tyranitar revival... Tyraniboah will rise again!

• Brohoof 1

I find the Goomy line to be completely ridiculous, but I actually really like Goodra. Most likely the pseudo legendary for this generation.

Probably. It's one of the few new Pokemon that evolve more than once xD 

Starts off as a glomp of goo, then takes shape as the mighty Goodra(gon)! A super smooth one to be sure.

If given the choice, I'll go with Skrelp though. It's potentially horrendous stats aside [no intermediate stage], poison/dragon is an interesting type.

Edited by Starlight Sky

@@Charcoal Embers,

This website right here: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

They have the entire 6th generation pokedex (all 69 of them >.<) and a bunch of other stuff! They'll be covering the game as the days go on.

69 huh... I could make a joke here but I won't. :P

Anyway, that's not so bad honestly considering everything going into these titles. Also less chance of any new Pokémon leaving bad tastes in our mouths, maybe. Plus I guess the Mega Evolutions could be considered new Pokémon in a way from some positions. Overall, I'm not dissapointed. ;)

• Brohoof 3

@, What have you done?! ohmy.png  

We all missed the launch of X and Y blink.png  Now Kalos has been unveiled online, and everyone got way ahead of us!

And..only Sunday remains to pick it up and play this week.......why would you do this? sad.png

• Brohoof 2

@, What have you done?! ohmy.png  

We all missed the launch of X and Y blink.png  Now Kalos has been unveiled online, and everyone got way ahead of us!

And..only Sunday remains to pick it up and play this week.......why would you do this? sad.png

I know I know but I did this to make sure we'd wait less and the face that I couldn't find a two days later time card when searching google images

• Brohoof 1

Zygarde does seem to point there, but Kyurem was available in Black and White (and since Zygarde is apparently avalable in X and Y, it wouldn't be much of a selling point). With everything packed into X and Y, it'll keep us content for a while img-1918377-1-wink.png By time we're ready for the next, a Hoenn remake would be in higher demand.

And yeah, it's got a few parallel's to Rayquaza. An ability that counteracts the other two, a green color scheme, and body that could (naturally) form a Z-shape.....this Pokemon was made for you Zygen!! xD  All the more allure for Z(ygen) version, eh?

Oh, and about the genetic markers, they likely represent the introduction of Mega-evolutions. That'd leave the lineage open for a Z, but I still don't see it happening! img-1918377-2-tongue.png Even if they introduce more new Pokemon in Z, it may not be enough for me. Guess'll we'll have to see.

What I HAVE seen on serebii is awesome img-1918377-3-wub.png  Since I'm making my debut in X and Y (as a long-term trainer), I'm thrilled to see Tyranitar will be with me. It's a member of my conceptual dream team. And that Mega-evolution is impressive img-1918377-4-biggrin.png  Really works with how I envision it. Great to see Gengar got one as well. Now looking out for Alakazam's img-1918377-5-img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png  

Well i'm pretty convinced it'll happen if I know Gamefreak and nintendo but believe what you want ;p.

I didn't even know Kyruem was in Black and white original ;p. guess I didn't look hard enough. lol.

but honestly Its almost obvious to me. Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde Its just, i can't believe a pokemon Z won't come out. So while he may show in the game somewhere, i'm still almost positive a pokemon Z will be released.

And yes i will buy it duh xD. For many reasons, being a pokemon fan, I am Zygen.. If i didn't own this game who am I? xD.

And yeah that makes sense, they appear over the mega evolutions after mega evoling so yeah.

New pokemon would be cool, especially if they release some new legendaries besides the 3 we've seen.

And i'm trying to avoid the spoilers, till i get the game and beat it mostly.

He looks pretty bad ass in my option, Spoilers below for those people img-1918527-1-tongue.png

img-1918527-2-12160.jpg

I like it's design, just curious on what role he will take part in the main story when Z comes out.

Ok this was one of my exceptions to not looking at spoilers, simply because I had to know how this bad boy looked. 

I will use spoilers for courtesey to others avoiding them ;p.

Omg thats it, this pokemon was made for me, Its name starts with a Z, its shaped like a Z, It looks pretty awesome, And its green! And green is my favorite color!

Gamefreak must've been like "Yo we be like letz make Zygen a pokemon ya know dawg."

Well probably not that but yeah xD.

He may not become my absolute favorite over umbreon, but i have a feeling he may become one of my favorites.

Don't open that if you don't want to hear my thoughts and think that will spoil something.

69 huh... I could make a joke here but I won't. tongue.png

Anyway, that's not so bad honestly considering everything going into these titles. Also less chance of any new Pokémon leaving bad tastes in our mouths, maybe. Plus I guess the Mega Evolutions could be considered new Pokémon in a way from some positions. Overall, I'm not dissapointed. wink.png

Lol. Oh SBB...

I wonder if that was intentional anyways...

Whatever lol. And yeah, i don't find the fact that theres only 69 new pokemon(+Mega evolutions) in this title, i mean the new gameplay aspects and all are probably gonna keep me occupied, and I mean theres still some new pokemon to use. Not to mention plenty old ones, i think If the gameplay is good enough i'll enjoy this regardless for a while.

And i'm sure in G7 or something they'll have more pokemon released mostlikely.(That'll be in like 2-3 more years, but yeah ;p.)

And yeah i suppose it hopefully means all of them are designed well enough. I'm hopeful so far.

And i'd consider the megas new pokemon, not totally but to an extent.

I'm frankly not terribly disappointed either, i was a bit at first, but then i kinda got over it. ;p.

Its pokemon, i'm gonna play it anyways xD.

• Brohoof 2

@@Zygen, I bolded the 'Z' in it's name, too tongue.png

Yeah, it's set up really nicely for Z version. It wouldn't be surprising at all. What I don't see, is the allure.

Totally love your devotion to the games, but I wouldn't get it without enough changes to make the experience unique. If they pull that off, then I'd consider it. If they make Z more like a sequel than a repeat, I'd hop aboard the hype train with ya!

And when you do capture Zygarde, be sure to nickname it. Like Z2/ZZ (Code Geass inspired); Zygenous (Zygen + snake sounding`ish ending); Zygvern (Zygen + Wyvern); or something along those lines wink.png

On that last note....the potential jokes about X and Y containing 69 Pokemon:

101019_mcmillan_ap_392_regu.jpg

Just too high...

• Brohoof 1

@@Zygen, I bolded the 'Z' in it's name, too img-1918917-1-tongue.png

Yeah, it's set up really nicely for Z version. It wouldn't be surprising at all. What I don't see, is the allure.

Totally love your devotion to the games, but I wouldn't get it without enough changes to make the experience unique. If they pull that off, then I'd consider it. If they make Z more like a sequel than a repeat, I'd hop aboard the hype train with ya!

And when you do capture Zygarde, be sure to nickname it. Like Z2/ZZ (Code Geass inspired); Zygenous (Zygen + snake sounding`ish ending); Zygvern (Zygen + Wyvern); or something along those lines img-1918917-2-wink.png

On that last note....the potential jokes about X and Y containing 69 Pokemon:

img-1918917-3-101019_mcmillan_ap_392_reg

Just too high...

:P yay :D.

i guess, idk ;p. We'll see.

And an Emerald remake will likely come after pokemon Z. If its happening.(Which it seems likely to.)

Well, i'm just a big fanboy for the most part ;p, but i have playing them so yeah ;p.

I only really stopped playing them for like a year until last summer where i started liking the games again. 

but my love has been full swing since then. Not to mention X and Y.

I guess, idk I always find myself buying the games regardless. ;p.

They usually have some change that makes me wanna play the game, even if it isn't huge.

Black and white having a full sequel is way better then going from like D/P to PT. though.

Maybe they'll do something along those lines in pokemon Z, dunno.

Yeah, haha, or maybe i'll just name it after myself xD. 

Orrr I could name it after my alter ego Zigen... Aka the way most people say my username before actually hearing it ;p.

I'll have to see. I'm gonna try and go find this baby though, without any help maybe if i can help myself from getting it, to preserve the feelings of awe i get when i find it.

We'll see. ;p.

And yep ;p.

• Brohoof 1