Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you smoke ?

Belgian&Brony

Hey guys anyone here not afraid to admit they smoke cigarettes. cigar, pipe, and hookah smokers are welcome as well. As well as people who use dip. 

I am a person who smokes Marlboro Reds 100s and lucky strikes unfiltered cigarettes i also smoke socially rather than all the time.

• Brohoof 1

I used to smoke, but then I stopped after having my lungs be butchered by them.

So, all in all, it's a bad idea to smoke, anyway. Though, I guess if you do, I can't stop you.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

No but I used to smoke cigarettes about three years ago: I still use nicotine but switched to an alternative to smoking or using any tobacco to get my fix and never looked back. Apart from today when I needed my nicotine fix and only option were cigarettes. I didn't enjoy a single second and felt ill smoking and don't want to do it again if I can help it

:)

Edited by Asherdangerdash

(edited)

I smoke Silk Cuts because they're extremely low tar and monoxide and they're very smooth. I am like Sickman, I am in no way addicted but I smoke to either relax myself or pass time. If you're in the UK and you smoke, definitely try Silk Cuts. If you don't smoke then don't start unless you're strong-willed.

EDIT: I only do this rarely. Maybe one or two cigarettes per month.

Edited by Kaz

I don't smoke, can't smoke because of my asthma I can not imagine what would happen if I did. I have nothing against people that do, as long as they keep the smoke away from me. I often find it hard to breathe around people that are smoking, unless it's outside.

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely agree with you. I dislike people who smoke in public places or complain that they cannot smoke indoors. I am all for the public smoking ban and will only ever smoke on my own property, outside, in my garden after which I will wash my hair and clean my teeth.

The smell of lingering smoke is disgusting.

• Brohoof 2

I smoke Djarnum Blacks from time to time... Especially when I'm in a bad mood. Yeah, I know smoking is bad and all, but 1, I don't care, and 2, I don't do it all the time.

(edited)

Do you like your lungs, heart, brain and/or life?

If so, then, despite the fact I can't force anyone into doing anything, I'd highly recommend ceasing smoking.

Edited by Dark Horn
  • Brohoof 1

I used to smoke cigarettes frequently until it effected my respiratory system (I couldn't run as long as I used to be able to, it hurt when I took in big breathes of air, etc.) I've switched to dipping tobacco though and it helped me quit cigarettes and it also gives me a bigger nicotine buzz. It's also nice not to smell like cigarettes anymore.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Smoking ain't badass. It turns your teeth yellow, gives you lung cancer, wastes a ton of money, and gives you bad breath. Nothing sexier than bad breath...

.... true, theoretically, true, true.

The only thing proven about the cancer is it instigates and increases the risk, it has never been proven it causes it directly.

Cancer is a fun yet tricky subject, as nothing has been proven as a CAUSE yet, only that things are LINKED to the RAISED RISK of getting it.

majority of the time its hereditary conditions that merely get given a boost by things such as smoking, asbestos, hotdogs, tap water, etc....  There is a ridiculous number of things now accused of raising the risk, and sadly many misinterpret the wording of the findings and make false accusations constantly as you have.

Is smoking nasty? yes, you also forgot that it ROTS your teeth... eeeeew. nasty stuff by a long shot!

It also causes carbon damage to many things, including plastics, most fibers, and paint. For me this means the risk of turning my pretty white Star trek space ships a nasty yellow color :( gross.... not to mention the number it does on decals for model kits.. ugh!!!

Still, in SMALL doses, or using alternatives it can be less bad. Small doses is still bad buuut...

"Vaping" is a new style i learned of recently. Uses "E" cigarettes, some look real, most don't, and look more like a battery with a hookah hose mouth piece.

No tobacco, so no bad chemicals (right there you lose 99% of the problems). Nicotine optional for those quitting, and its a vapor instead of a smoke, so it can be flavored, and the vapor is nice smelling or scentless.

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'm not sure whether the first post was meant to be sarcastic or not.

Smoking is generally not badass. Tho there are some situations where lighting a cigarrette is badass.

Personally I do smoke and have no regrets about it. Nothing beats the feeling of having a cup of good coffee with a good smoke. Alternatively, good tea and a water pipe. Those are the combos some will never try.

Possible health risks kinda of suck, and even tho they are extremely overblown by the media quite often, they definitely do exist. But then again, so do the health risks of eating too much, eating too little, eating certain types of food, not eating certain types of food, sporting too much, not sporting enough, ... But we all have to die, so taking a (statistically) little risk of dying from something you love is not that bad, yes?

Edited by Jessper

Smoking is badass, eh? Well, I guess it's kinda true, in the sense that it's bad for you and makes you smell like ass.

I don't smoke. I have plenty of unhealthy vices, and I'd rather not take one up that could negatively affect those around me.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Well in  my opinion you are a clearly misguided young fella...

I smoke cigarettes every so often when I'm drinking, and that's mostly because all ym friends though.

But I'd never become a regular smoker...too much money, and no benefits whatsoever

• Brohoof 1

Smoking isn't good, after learning about what is put into those cigarrette things, I don't even want to touch those damned things.

And the smell hurts my nose and gives me a headache. Smoking isn't badass if it draws people away from you because of how awful the smoke and your breath would smell.

That's all I have to say, I'll never smoke a cigarette, ever ever ever!!!

Oh also it costs SECEN BUCKS OR MORE?! It's a waste of 7$ a pack and some up to 10$ yea spend 7- 10$ for a pack o' Death sticks, fantastic, I could buy food with that money...

Edited by TheFlightlessPegasus

I know its a strong thing to ask on people but I want to find out the average badassness of a brony

Smoking is one of the most badass things you can do it so badass you even risk your life if you do it !

Since haters say bronies are not badass I want to proof that wrong by calculating the average badassness of a brony .smoking is a part of my experiment because smoking is very badass I want to know that you smoke or not (I do not support smoking I'm only doing a expiriment )

Dude. No! Smoking is not 'badass' or cool! Its unhealthy, a waste of money, smells terrible, and is very much out of style to do these days! You say you dont support smoking and yet you imply that those who dont smoke arent 'badass'. I may have only had 2 months of AP statistics so far, but even I can tell you that is a biased experiment! 

• Brohoof 1

No, but it reminds me of something interesting.

I have a friend that either has the strongest resolve ever, or is immune to the addictive effects of tobacco. He can just flat out stop smoking, chewing, or any of it for months until he feels like doing it again. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

its badass because if you smoke you dont fear death almost every smoker dies from lung cancer if you smoke you have a 95% chance to survive it smoking is sacrificing your body for your soul tell me who wants to kill himself? The ones who say i have courage and that courage is what i call badass

Dude, no, NEVER is killing yourself with cigarettes, sitting there, sucking mind manipulating smoke. Would ever be badass, sacrificing your life in the military, or in a real JOB, is 'badass' just spending money and wasting your life and funds on something so pointless, to destroy your own body, to pretend to be cool, and wasting doctors' time to help you with something you put on yourself for your own pleasure, isn't badass. Edited by TheFlightlessPegasus
  • Brohoof 2

How is this thread 12 pages, and still not an actual poll?  I'm truly confused as to how this could turn out this way, on a forum with the capabilities that this one has.

• Brohoof 1

I've been deciding on smoking or not, and I'm not going to do it out of being cool or because it's "badass" but for a stress reliever and just to plain help relax. I know it slowly kills you, but so does a lot of other things in life, and it is just another risk taker one can take.  

• Brohoof 1

As someone who has had a history of family members who have smoked, I can safely say that there's nothing cool or "badass" about being a smoker, and I refuse to smoke, ever.

My father was a truck driver who developed oral cancer (a growth in the mouth) from years of smoking four packs a day while on the road. By the time my dad did anything about it, the cancer had grown so large that his only option was to go through surgery and radiation, and his chances of survival weren't good. He had to have his jaw cut and have skin from his knees grafted into his jaw which made his face disfigured - his jaw was very crooked and his speech became impaired. As long as I knew my father, he was not a very handsome man, and that's putting it very gingerly. :/

My mother to this day is a hardcore smoker, and she's been diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and she has problems with breathing. Unfortunately, she has no desire to quit.

I don't have any issue with people who smoke, because I've been surrounded by people that have smoked, but I'll be darned if I'm going to put my health at risk.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

I smoke pipe tobacco usually, as I own a couple antique briars. I also enjoy cigars. I find it a nice, nostalgic, relaxing habit. Pipes are considerably healthier than cigarettes, due to the natural quality of the tobacco, and the fact you don't inhale it like you do cigarettes, and you don't have the carcinogens from the chemically treated fire-retardant paper. 

• Brohoof 2

I currently don't smoke, but I was smoking cigarettes a few months ago. I was well aware of the adverse health effects, but I was still pretty curious on what it was like to enjoy them. So, I went in with an open mind and decided to buy a pack and try them out. At first, I wasn't really enjoying them too much, but as I kept it up I started to learn how to properly smoke them as well as learn how to enjoy them. Not gonna lie, they were pretty nice and I found myself liking them a lot. The nicotine high was nice, but it was also nice watching the paper burn as you inhaled as well as observing the details of the smoke. I started to notice that I was falling down the path of a smoker though, and I realized that I didn't want to keep it up since it's not really worth the health risks as well as the money you spend on them. I decided to stop after smoking the last of my remaining cigarettes, and I haven't smoked any since. It was pretty interesting to try, and I don't regret it at all.

Edited by Lero
  • Brohoof 3