Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm outraged by this Facebook anti-brony page

The Crystal Maiden

If I had a nickel for everytime I've seen an anti-brony page/meme/post, I'd have enough money to buy a life size Shining Armor statue and stuff it with corn dogs.

Trolls feast on your outrage. Starve them.

• Brohoof 5

I hope you guys can agree with what I said here.

As well intended as I am sure that was I just don't see the point, I really don't see how one post even a positive one will really change any of their minds. There have been some haters who have changed their minds that much is true but it is they themselves who have decided to change, it wasn't anyone else who really lead them to such a decision.

https://www.facebook.com/DestroyBronyism?fref=ts

Check this page out. 

I have to admit I'm pretty disgusted by the things posted on this page. This guy completely takes the piss out of the MLP fandom and says some insulting things about us as well as others do. 

I don't want to do anything drastic, like try to take the page down, and I don't want anyone else to try that either. And I haven't been completely explosive-mega-angry-hateful-person towards the page either. But I did post a little something on the wall voicing my opinions, with no swearing or hateful comments, and he deleted it. Well, isn't that nice? I spent ages writing that out and he goes and gets rid of it.  :angry:

What do you guys have to say about this page? I can't believe some people can be completely disrespectful and intolerant like this.  >_>

The best thing to do when haters happen to do something.JUST IGNORE IT.They are seeking our attention and we give the it well then the haters so put a comment saying you don't care and he will get bored and decide to get out of his parents basement and live a life

Humans, what can you do? Some people are just mean like that. Anyone who are intolerant sheep like that have no place here anyhow. I'd rather them be a good counter-example showcasing hater stupidity than be on our side at all.

We should all be actual ponies, then throw pie at the hater's faces, then once the haters taste the pie and be happy, we can pump up the base with vinyl scratch and party till the break of dawn. How does that sound?

• Brohoof 1

The "About" section reads:

I don't care that you like MLP, I care that you obsess over a cartoon for little girls.

:mellow: *sigh* More haters who say they're just after the extreme/obsessive fans but end up generalizing/stereotyping in the end (and getting butthurt over ponifications).

Stereotyping at its finest:

Huh. Guess that raid didn't work out so well, you zoophiliacs.

The comment below pretty much sums up what I'm trying to say.

You seem to lack an understanding of the scientific principle of falsification. In other words, you accuse bronies of being "the most hypocritical people on the planet", but have no basis for comparison. You seem to think that death threats and stuff are unique to bronies, but seem unaware that almost EVERY group of humans will have extremists of that variety.

You also engage in something called confirmation bias. This is when you ignore anything that disproves your predisposition and embrace anything that has even the vaguest hint of confirming it. To you, a guy that watches the show and identifies as a "brony" is not worth noticing. Instead you focus on the extremists and the perverts, and mentally inflate their numbers and significance to account for a much larger percentage of the fanbase than they truly represent.

If you are annoyed by the whole "brony" thing, that's completely fine ... it has gotten a bit overzealous and more than a bit silly. However, your outrage is ALSO going to look silly if you continue to partake in various logical fallacies. There's PLENTY about bronyism to gripe about without giving in to irrationality.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The "About" section reads:

:mellow: *sigh* More haters who say they're just after the extreme/obsessive fans but end up generalizing/stereotyping in the end (and getting butthurt over ponifications).

Stereotyping at its finest:

The comment below pretty much sums up what I'm trying to say.

You seem to lack an understanding of the scientific principle of falsification. In other words, you accuse bronies of being "the most hypocritical people on the planet", but have no basis for comparison. You seem to think that death threats and stuff are unique to bronies, but seem unaware that almost EVERY group of humans will have extremists of that variety.

You also engage in something called confirmation bias. This is when you ignore anything that disproves your predisposition and embrace anything that has even the vaguest hint of confirming it. To you, a guy that watches the show and identifies as a "brony" is not worth noticing. Instead you focus on the extremists and the perverts, and mentally inflate their numbers and significance to account for a much larger percentage of the fanbase than they truly represent.

If you are annoyed by the whole "brony" thing, that's completely fine ... it has gotten a bit overzealous and more than a bit silly. However, your outrage is ALSO going to look silly if you continue to partake in various logical fallacies. There's PLENTY about bronyism to gripe about without giving in to irrationality.

I agree with the comment you found. In fact, I did a test on DA(with the filter turned on, searching only character names) and found just as much(in fact MORE) creepy/pervy content for BUGS BUNNY than I did for Rainbow Dash. Most of these people fail to realize that every fandom has the things they bash us for(some of them far worse). 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

*Clicks link, looks through page a little*

Huh.  Somebody's insecure about his masculinity.  Well, OK then.  I hope that when he hugs the killer robot toys he sleeps with tight, he finds some reassurance that his penis won't disappear before morning.

*Closes tab*

As well intended as I am sure that was I just don't see the point, I really don't see how one post even a positive one will really change any of their minds. There have been some haters who have changed their minds that much is true but it is they themselves who have decided to change, it wasn't anyone else who really lead them to such a decision.

I might not have the ability to change people, but it might influence some others who acted on an angry impulse and re-consider not to spread the fire. Which was one of the other reasons I posted my message here. So other people can conclude that they don't need to go against people who hate on us. We don't need to retaliate to people who are ignorant by nature. We won't solve anything like that and make bad examples of ourselves to complain and start arguing on a Facebook page. I mean it's immature.

Just assume that this guy is being hateful because he himself is likely not being treated nicely, since he likely may be mistreated/bullied in his life away from the computer, he attacks us in order to get a cheap sense of accomplishment so he can feel like he actually has control over something, the best way to get rid of these parasites is to avoid them.

You know what I think of these people? Scumbags, the equivalent of dirt beneath my feet. It is very difficult to be offended by those who are so far below you. I do not say good things about myself very often, but these type of people, well, they bring up my self esteem a bit. For that, I thank them.

• Brohoof 2

You know, when i see things pages like this i make like pinkie pie and laugh. don't let this get to you, people like to make people mad and embarested. they do it for multiple reasons some being that they need a friend or they like to see peoples angery reaction because they find it entertaining or something more silly

Problem is for everything there is hatred, best to just ignore it and go on so what if he's antibrony and gets other people to do it with him all you can realy do is ignore him and dont feed the troll

I got a good laugh out of that page. Especially the 'letter' that was near the bottom. They say they're going to purge Facebook, although I think everyone knows that's not going to happen. Anyways, most of the hate stays on that page, so unless you're looking for it you wont notice it.

Ugh. You do not want to know how many people on the internet are like him. I just ignore them they really don't have a legitimate argument anyways. And his page is called Destroy Bronyism but how exactly would he destroy an entire fandom of several million people?

My friend makes a good point. i know i already posted on this thred but i have something to say. i saw some post on it and almost died laughing i wrote something on there ealier and it got deleted so obviosly this person cant be persuaded. oh well kill em with kindness

I started reading and realized how annoying it was... BUT THEN I SAW THIS!!!! And all my cares melted away!

1002783_271544332988093_1831348341_n.jpg

SOMEONE lives within 100 miles of me and is driving this badass car!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Who are you so I can give you a hug!

• Brohoof 1

I'd bet my entire honeymoon fund that the guy who runs that page enjoys something in which he falls outside of the target audience, such as Pokemon.

Hypocrites. Hypocrites everywhere.

I'd bet my entire honeymoon fund that the guy who runs that page enjoys something in which he falls outside of the target audience, such as Pokemon.

Hypocrites. Hypocrites everywhere.

I doubt that he hates bronies for enjoying a show for which they are not the target audience.  He hates them for liking a show "for little girls."  If bronies liked cartoon warrior robots (he certainly appears to, judging by the art on his site) instead of ponies, he'd let them in his treehouse.  But since bronies (the male ones in particular) like colorful magical ponies, that means they have girl cooties, and are therefore Vile Heretics who must be stamped out.

Nutshell: I think his motivation is misogyny.

• Brohoof 1

I will start by looking at how intelligent these brony haters are.

Uncle Ruckus Why do you block these faggots. I wanna roast these niggers.

Clearly this person has biases that go far beyond bronisim. He revels in prejudice of all kinds and there would be no reasoning with such  a person. Blinded by his own hatred of anything that doesn't fit into his box of life, he no doubt lives a miserable existence already, seeking out ways to explore his close minded hatred, while missing out on the many things in life he could be enjoying.

I love how bronies say I have no life because I made this page or something - it took about 20 minutes to make this page and I check on it for every couple hours not because I feel like this page is some sort of super serious responsibility, but because it is hilarious checking up on it and seeing all the retarded stuff the bronies say on here.

And another shining example of intelligence... NOT! Any brighter, he'd light up Cincinnati! 

If you take 20 minutes, and add to it say... 15 minutes every couple of hours, plus sleep time, time for a shower, time for school/work... what is left? Not MUCH of a life that's for sure. So this person is amused by our reactions. Don't feed the parasprite! He sees any reaction that does not match his own as 'retarded' and lacks any insight beyond his own limited tunnel vision. Clearly he will never learn of the many things in life that he could be doing that would actually enhance his life.

FEEL SORRY FOR THE BUGGER!

In reaction to a bronies comment ... this bright spark has this to say.

Rob Klick this guy is obliviously a virgin

Such an intelligent comment. We can see he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. So by scientific deduction he was able to determine if a brony had engaged in sex with someone... because he defended his right to watch a cartoon show. How much sense does this really make guys? None at all! It makes FAR less sense than an 18 year old guy watching and liking the My Little Pony Fandom.

and this lovely little comment....

Philip Ian Armstrong grown men who enjoy a childs show are the maggots at the bottom of the chain

Obviously we are worse than serial killers and rapists.... LOL I think I'd much rather be at the bottom of a food chain, than lording myself over another group of individuals, trying to make them feel horrible about themselves just because they are liking something I don't. I'm pretty sure grown men are involved in the MAKING of childrens shows and they earn a fair bit of money doing it too. They chose their profession because they LIKED it.

I'm PROUD to be a brony! Bottom of the food chain or otherwise! 

Let em call me what they will. it will NEVER change who I am. THEY will never beat me.

So if I go and post on their web site/facebook and try to argue... there will be no winners... only lots of losses and lots of losers. They won't make a loser out of me!

Nope. I'll go on enjoying this fansite, fandom and my art and get joy out of role playing with other bronies and seeing what they create and I'll leave these haters to wallow in their negativity and drown in their own dark emotions. 

I know who will be living the better life at the end of the day.

Mike.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

>someone has an opinion that says bronies' opinions and thoughts are wrong
>bronies hate on him because they think his opinions and thoughts are wrong

>bronies still try to act like they're better than him

Every one in the thread treating him as some kind of subhuman for having an opposing opinion is also a subhuman.

I am not the kindest person -- no, not anywhere near it; I'm almost the polar opposite -- but I don't go around, deeming those with opposing opinions to be lesser than me, no matter how irrational I find said opinion to be.

Edited by Yukino
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)
I am not the kindest person -- no, not anywhere near it; I'm almost the polar opposite -- but I don't go around, deeming those with opposing opinions to be lesser than me, no matter how irrational I find said opinion to be.

I think for me, it depends on how they go about opposing my opinions. anyone can feel free to disagree with me, and if they want to engage in an intelligent conversation or debate, go for it.  but if they do it by these kind of means, then they can expect the same back from me.

If it makes me 'subhuman' Ah  well! I'm still confident that I'm mostly human and quite happy with who I am at the moment.

Don't feed the black wolf if you don't want to get bitten.

Edited by Mikestar
  • Brohoof 1

Haters gonna hate. That's all it comes down to. In the end, even if he checks on the page every couple of hours, he's still waisting time in his life that could be used for more productive things. Hating others has never been proven productive at all, and I find it gets tiring very easily. It's not something I can genuinely take very seriously, especially when his whole "hatred" stems from observing only the outliers in the fandom. Moral of the story is just this: Keep Calm and Flutter on.

This guy likes Adventure Time. I guess it would take a "maggot at the bottom of the chain" to know a "maggot at the bottom of the chain".

Not familiar with it, but if that floats his boat... let him go for it!

Maggots get no love... who wants to hug a poor little maggot... so neglected!