Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has anything of your been broken recently?

NothingIsEverything

I broke my earpieces recently, and when I use them while playing music or videogames, they hurt my ears.

Not a problem, though. Yesterday I got a Razer Tiamat 2.2 headset, and a new pair of earpieces!

I feel so bad for being so expensive. I'm breaking my parent's wallets.  :(

I break things when I get angry, which can be quite frequent..

A few weeks ago I broke my Xbox controller, I got angry and threw it at my desk, it bounced off and land on the floor, I went down to Game and replaced it immediately, hopefully this one will last me a little longer :3

• 1 month later...

No but I'm probably about to, at this point my kitchen chairs are being held together basically by wood glue and nothing else, they are already kind of unstable.

^Scratch that, the shoulder strap on my laptop case just broke when I tried to pick it up.

Edited by Jacob Danik

My R/C plane, my backup R/C plane, my backup backup R/C and my backup backup backup R/C plane (i was having the worst day)

And my desk chair because i abuse it going back and forth :P

+ the wire on my Razer electra headphones (OH GOD WHY!?)

Edited by supersonic rainboom

My cat chewed a hole in the only laptop charger that works.  The other one only works if you position it just so.  We put duck tape around it and called it good.

Back in the beginning of August my neighbor lent me his water thermos for band and as soon as I took it from my dad I dropped it and the handle busted.

My phone, my phone charger, my laptop, the couch, the bed, possibly my 3ds (not sure if it's broken or just has a loose screen), lots of other little things.  lol

It's not exactly recent but I did break my printer. I was carry it using a cart and it was at the very top of the mountain of stuff I was taking to my room. While I was heading down the hill, the printer slipped off and hit the ground. It was still intact for the most part, but I later found out that the bits inside had been jumbled out of place and the pieces to hold them had broke in the fall. The ink never quite hits the pages anymore. Woops  :derp:

post-11395-0-43724000-1377559316_thumb.jpg

I'm a nerd who's very curious by nature. I have a bad habit of taking things apart to see how they work, though my issue is I'm not always able to put them back together :D So I tend to break stuff all the time.

Of course, it's usually old technology that's largely obsolete or that I no longer have any use for. I very rarely will subject anything new/valuable to that kinda treatment.

In terms of natural breakage though, I got a Microsoft Surface Pro a few weeks ago. The first night I got it, it stopped powering on, and the Microsoft Store had to do a firmware update to restore it. Then after that, it was having a number of nuisance issues. A factory reimage/reset of it didn't fix it, so I tried the Windows 8.1 Preview update, and that didn't fix it either, and in fact made things worse. I tried to downgrade back to Windows 8.0, but both my Recovery USB drive and recovery partition wouldn't work. I ended up taking it back to the Microsoft Store again, they couldn't repair it either, so I got a brand new one as a replacement.

My laptop screen. I was using it at the kitchen table and got the cord snagged on my foot so when I got up to go to the bathroom the laptop came with me >.> I've been meaning to upgrade anyway

Edited by QuirkyUsername

inb4 someone's heart

As for me I actually don't seem to have broken anything major in living memory this summer. I guess it's because I've been going out less without school, since most of my stuff normally breaks when I bring it outside too much. Overexposure, I guess.

None of my own physical stuff ever really breaks. I am great at breaking other's stuff. Bike hiring in a vacation resort. First bike: 10 seconds on a mountain bike track, chain broke off.

Second bike: The metal handle of the handbrake broke in half.

Third bike: Some pipe thing was touching the rear wheel, and even the bike expert had no idea what it was.

Fourth bike: Did OK for 10 minutes, then the chain broke...

All on the same day...

I am also great at breaking data. I managed to get my Mac into a state of being in the dashboard while not being in the dashboard, the internal conflict causing great CPU load. I also managed to perform two edits at the same time in iMovie, resulting in a track attempting to use 0.03 seconds of non-existant audio, entirely removing it for the rest of the project. ScreenFlow, my favorite screen recorder, managed to record to the recovery partition, entirely deleting the recording, while the partition mapper still thought the recording was there, entirely exploding my HDD, fragmenting it across multiple partitions and entirely destroying the map of everything on my HDD. My computer wizard, then 12 years old brother managed to fix it.

I am also great at doing the impossible in TF2, like two people killing each other with hitscan, then one (me) dies to fall damage instead because TF2 was confused. I cannot even describe how bad the deeper impossibilities get.

I somehow have a magical aura around me that renders almost every piece of electrical equiptment unusable within seconds after i approached it. Fortunately has this led to me getting pretty good at repairing shit only using duct-tape and/or a knife. Seriously though for some reasons electronic stuff around me, that doesnt belong to me has a tendency to stop working. Its like i have some sort of EMF surrounding me. Also am i pretty good at finding bugs/glitches in games by only playing them. Other than that am i not really a person, that drops stuff. I will tamper with stuff and then formerly mentioned stuff is going to either work better, the same or not at all anymore.

EDIT: EMF: electromagnetic field. It makes electronics go bananas.

Edited by Guest

my priceless LED hoodie......I searched all over the internet for a replacement but sadly to no avail......WHY DID I WEAR IT TO WORK EVERYDAY!?!?!?!?!?!?....*clears throat*...sorry lost my cool for a second, but yes my hoodie no longer lights up and it makes me sad.

I somehow broke my headphones. I don't even know what I did. The wire is broken and I only get audio through one piece. When I think about it though, I supposed I may have yanked the plug a bit too hard sometimes. I'm such a klutz. :blush:

Yes: my cross necklace. It broke about a week or so ago. This really sucks because I find it hard to sleep without my cross around my neck. It sounds kinda silly, but I seriously can't sleep without it on. And when I do finally fall asleep, I always have either a nightmare or a night terror.

New thing broke... again...

My Sony Xperia ion, i was installing a new rom after i rooted it for the 5th time XD and it go stuck on the fastboot mode, i tried to take out the battery by force, but the back cover cant be removed, kind of like the iPhone, but using clippers a flat screw driver in managed to open it up, so i technically broke it, now its in 3 pieces that are being held by a protective back case, for now...Ont he bright side i was able to get it out of fastboot mode :)

Well I broke my other laptop :P I was just really multi-tasking and I held it by the screen, the screencracked and I was holding it with one hand on the screen then I dropped the laptop

Broke my Shure SRH550DJ headphones within a month or two of getting them. Have to send them in and get a replacement, I ain't even mad. *shrug* It was mostly my fault for dropping my iPad Mini on the ground and letting it land on the connector. Almost snapped off inside, but it didn't. It's just...bent. And half-snapped off.

About two years ago, I was playing a piece on my Shomer an Co. upright piano. 

As I was play, I hit a low D key and held for a few beats. Suddenly...BANG!

I thought something fell behind the piano. But nothing fell. I opened the lid and found out...I broke a piano string! :P 

Put a chip in the screen of my phone, playing airsoft when I did a tactical slide on the side of my leg right onto the phone, but it's literally just a chip, not seriously damaged

The brakes on my Jeep started to lock up even though I just had them replaced.