Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have a habit of cracking your knuckles?

Eureka

Do you crack you're knuckles?  

116 users have voted

1. 1. Do you crack you're knuckles?

• A lot
    • Occasionally
    • I used to but I stopped
    • Never

I'm pretty sure cracking/popping your knuckles doesn't lead to arthritis. Check out this page: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_cracking_your_knuckles_lead_to_arthritis

Apparently it can make your hands weaker, though.

No, mines from pretty much growing up with a computer mouse in my hands, and doing a lot of writing for school work on top of it. 

I pop my neck and knuckles at the same time, makes you look like a boss. It does creep people out when it looks like I'm about to snap my own neck and they hear a popping noise. I crack my back with a chair typically, bending so the chair digs into my spine and using it as a brace to twist around

• Brohoof 1

I crack my knuckles when they're cramped or when I'm stressed out. Other joints that I crack when they're cramped are my neck, shoulders, ankles, toes, sometimes my knees, and my back. My elbows also crack, but only at the oddest of times. I can also crack my wrists, but I only do so when new people in my dojo throw me, just to freak them out laugh.png

I used to do it a lot, I don't know why but I did. Not really a habit, I just did it more for fun. Until one day, suddenly I couldn't. I don't know what it was but I could crack my knuckles I'm not kidding no cracking sound at all. So I stopped doing it for a long time I can do it now but stopped because of that incident were I suddenly couldn't. So even though I did have kind of a habit of doing it I don't do so anymore.

I rarely crack my knuckles. I think the last time I did it was a few months ago. It's not something I normally find myself doing. When I do crack them, it's usually because I am tired and I do it after I stretch.

I crack my knuckles frequently out of habit. I can crack the knuckles on my thumbs quite frequently without much issue. I also crack my elbows, ankles, occasionally my wrists and every once in a while I can crack my neck. if I lean back correctly against a chair I can crack my back and if I stretch my arms, I can crack the joints between my ribs and sternum. I'm only kinda worried about that last one /=|

I know that cracking my joints is supposed to be bad, I do enjoy the way they feel afterwards

Edited by silverreverb

No, I don't have a knuckle cracking habit.  Nor do I crack anything else on my body.  At least not deliberately.  ^^;

My roommate, on the other hand, cracks her knuckles daily.  Such a lady.  dry.png

I for one ALWAYS crack my knuckles and fingers. The sound it makes releases the tightness of the hand/wrist for me. If my hands were numb or so thought they were sore, I'd crack them and they would feel exceptionally better.

*Cracks Knuckles*  -  That was from typing My Little Ponies.

Ohh, yes! I crack my knuckles all the time! I can only crack the knuckles of my index and middle fingers, but I crack them on an almost daily basis... I should really stop that, but it feels so nice when I do it!

I crack my knuckles. And my neck. And elbows. And ankles. And toes. And back. And kneecaps (yes, my kneecaps). 

No way it's a habit for me. :P

But really, back then I'd crack the joints on my fingers (my metacarpophalangeal joints, to be specific) and they were really starting to swell. The width of them exceeded that of my actual finger. I could even bite down into them and get them to crack, but it left marks. I'd recommend not doing that. :P

You know that everyone who said they didn't really wants to crack their knuckles know. Anyway, it's one of my worst habits. My friends constantly tell me how annoying it is.

I do it a lot, it's just a habit I have. Actually it's not only my knuckles but my back, neck, wrists, ankles, toes, shoulders, whatever. 

I pretty much crack every part of my body, but I crack my knuckles the most for sure. I don't think it's a bad habit though, so nothing to worry about :P

Everytime I get a chance to crack my knuckles, I do. It's just, you know... habit. I usually also crack my neck at the same time. Both tend to create loud cracking noises, if they crack at all.

I crack my knuckles quite often. I also do neck, back, elbows wrists, thumbs, knees, ankles, and toes. What seems to creep people out is when I start at the neck and work my way down, cracking everything that cracks. One of the greatest things in the world is cracking my neck and getting a loud crack, it feels so good afterwards.