Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You're stranded on an uninhabited island

DarkParu

You get to chose one background character to keep you company. Who do you choose and why. You can be as detailed as you want with your reasoning.

The island is completely void of human/pony life. There are animals and tree's  and a waterfall with clean

Water and there are berries and other fruits to be found though the entire island.

Vynal scratch is my choice.
I feel like out of them all I would enjoy this pony the most to be around. Music is something you can always just waste time talking about while waiting to be rescued on this deserted island and I feel like she'd be able to keep my spirits high during the struggle of the wilderness.

Marble Pie. This is for a number of reasons.

1. By saving her from a gloomy life at the rock farm, I feel like she would turn into a whole new pony. It would be a much more bearable experience to be able to talk to someone without much knowledge of life outside the farm. It would break the monotony for both of us.
  2. I imagine portions of the island to be particularly rocky in terrain. Marble Pie, being a rock farmer since she was a child, could be very resourceful with that, and do well in making a shelter or using two rocks to start a fire among other things.
  3. It looked as if they didn't make a huge living on the rock farm, so Marble Pie would be used to consuming small portions of food. If we both did that, it would increase our combined resourcefulness on the island considerably.
  4. I didn't want to go with a unicorn background pony because that ruins the discussion value of this topic :3
  • Brohoof 1

I would probably bring Derpy along to keep me company. She'd be fun to live with and after all, she's a pegasus. I could fly off the island.

Lyra Heartstrings, of course.

1. She would entertain me with her very optimistic music, and her fascination of hands.

2. Lyra's cute mane, and Lyra playing with my hands.

3. She is a pretty entertaining background pony, and I think she would keep me company.

4. Lyra could be used to, consume some small food that I can't eat.

(edited)

I would be stranded with Derpy. Why? Logical reasoning, my friends!

1) I just find Derpy unbelievably adorable, with or without the derped eyes.

2) She might do something so incredibly silly that it could be helpful for survival.

3) Derpy has wings. Always handy for high-up fruits and stuff, might help us get off the island as well. (PHYSICS DOESN'T APPLY!)

4) It would simply keep things interesting, I mean what's the fun in surviving, where's the adventure?

Edited by Celtore

I'd probably pick Vinyl Scratch for no particular reasoning as far as surviving goes.

It mostly goes down to an emotional level, I like Vinyl so I am more apt to work together with her better and we'd be on better terms. I couldn't stand someone like Derpy, she'd probably screw something up getting us killed. 

LYRA HEARTSTRINGS

She's just so freaking cute! <3 I'd be about as obsessed with her as she would be obsessed with me. It'd be perfect. Seriously I would purposely strand myself on an island if I got to meet Lyra by doing that. xD It'd be one of the best times of my life.

And if we do manage to somehow get off the island, the rest of our lives would be freaking amazing. xD I don't think I'd ever be sad again lol.

• Brohoof 1

Dr. Whooves... can he take his time machine with him? :umad:

Shoeshine would be horrible to hang out with. Derpy might be bearable, but Dr. Whooves is confident, and he looks like he knows his stuff, so him.

Marble Pie. This is for a number of reasons.

1. By saving her from a gloomy life at the rock farm, I feel like she would turn into a whole new pony. It would be a much more bearable experience to be able to talk to someone without much knowledge of life outside the farm. It would break the monotony for both of us.
  2. I imagine portions of the island to be particularly rocky in terrain. Marble Pie, being a rock farmer since she was a child, could be very resourceful with that, and do well in making a shelter or using two rocks to start a fire among other things.
  3. It looked as if they didn't make a huge living on the rock farm, so Marble Pie would be used to consuming small portions of food. If we both did that, it would increase our combined resourcefulness on the island considerably.
  4. I didn't want to go with a unicorn background pony because that ruins the discussion value of this topic :

I guess i should have noted that the island is far enough out that magic can port you all the way back home, but they could use their magic to get to an oncoming rescue vehicle.

Dr. Whooves... can he take his time machine with him? :umad:

Shoeshine would be horrible to hang out with. Derpy might be bearable, but Dr. Whooves is confident, and he looks like he knows his stuff, so him.

No time machine because it has fallen into the earth when he crash landed from the sky and he is not certain how to get it back just yet.  But he does have his screw driver if anything..... suspicious were to happen.

(edited)

Cloudchaser

It would be cool to hang out with her first of all. She looks like a pony who has plenty to talk about. Being a pegasus, she would be able to do things I wouldn't such as providing shade with clouds and controlling the weather. She would also be a perfect choice for scouting the island of anything dangerous such as predators or anything helpful like shelter. Also, having her would make collecting food a breeze. She would be able to fly place to place and quickly gather food for us to survive on like berries or fruit.

Edited by SmartyPants

(edited)

Like what other people have said before I'll choose the Doctor. He is smart and he is pretty old (As in experience). I'm pretty sure he had experience with these situations before, getting stranded on a uninhabited island. In fact considering he is a main character of a show, he'll find a way. Main characters always do. (Hopefully...)

Edited by Demirari

Depending on your definition of background character, Doctor Whooves, Daring Do, and the Royal Guards.

For the sake of being different, I'll pick Daring Do. Why? If she's even real, (though I think that's a non-issue at this point. All of these characters are fictional. She's just a fictional series inside a fictional series.) then her 'occupation' speaks for itself. She tends to work out in the wilderness, so it follows that she has the education to survive away from civilization for long periods of time. This would be essential if we were to survive.

As for Doctor Whooves, he's the Doctor. I'm sure he has the experience necessary to survive in a situation such as ours, making him an invaluable asset. As for the guards, they received military training, which would likely include survival training in situations where they are lost and/or separated from their unit in a warzone.

• Brohoof 2

Dr. Whooves because he is a time lord pony and we could just use his TARDIS to get off of the island. Then we will go on adventures together.

So yeahh. :lol:

Dr. Whooves because he is a time lord pony and we could just use his TARDIS to get off of the island. Then we will go on adventures together.

So yeahh. :lol:

Nope Tarids is not available right away, but there would be an island adventure that you'd be able to go on with the doctor to retrieve the tardis.

Me and Daring do, of course we wouldnt stay there because we are both pegasi, even if we were injured we would stay until we were healed, then find ponyville and the end .w.

I would choose Vinyl Scratch, first of all, she is without a doubt best pony. Second of all, I love music, and if Vinyl Scratch was with me, I could always have music around. Third of all, she seems like the type of pony who wouldn't totally freak out if we ended up on an deserted island with no way off. (A Tropical Octav3)

• 3 weeks later...

Damn I wanted Celestia but ok I'll work with what I got... I would go with berry punch!

post-16621-0-47698300-1376321551_thumb.jpg

Because she's one of my favorite background characters from the show! Top of all that I think should would be great to hang out with too. Plus I think should could make some mean juice..

Different choices for me...It would be difficult.

Derpy: Obvious, because she is cute and would be great company.

Dr. Whooves: If his personality is anything to go by in Dr. Whooves and the Assistant, he would be cute too and a really fun to hang out with.

Pon3 or Octavia, due to my love for music.

Rarity: Oh wait, Nevermind.

And....Would Soarin be considered a background pony?? If so I would pick him instantly.

Edited by Kyoshi