Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think "love and tolerate" means?

Kodiak

You wanna know what love and tolerate means? It's what bronies do best.

A 15 year old kid gets thrown out of his house for having ponies on his computer, and what do bronies do? Hundreds of bronies send encouragements and support to a person many of them have never seen or even heard from before. Some go as far as to send supplies.

That is loving and tolerating.

/)(

• Brohoof 3

Well, I think it means to enjoy the company of all. Respect all opinions, and not just your own. Never spread hate, it's unattractive, and always listen to what both sides of the story have to say, before making opinions. I have a feeling there is much more then that, though

You wanna know what love and tolerate means? It's what bronies do best.

A 15 year old kid gets thrown out of his house for having ponies on his computer, and what do bronies do? Hundreds of bronies send encouragements and support to a person many of them have never seen or even heard from before. Some go as far as to send supplies.

That is loving and tolerating.

/)(

Golden words sir, golden words. +1 /)*(

Edited by ShoeShy
  • Brohoof 1

Instead of "love and tolerance", I like to think I give people the benefit of doubt. Rather than being forced, in a sense, to accept one's own personality or behavior and just ignore, you should acknowledge and help if needed and not conclude to yourself that the reason is obvious to your eyes when the truth might be otherwise invisible.

Edited by MyKotoShi

"Love" is a concept I'm still learning to understand. I understand "Tolerate" perfectly fine. There used to be a running joke between my friends that if I were to hug someone and say I tolerate you it was like being bestowed a great honor. I am a bitter man full of hate therefore tolerance is probably the best I could feel for another person.

Then imagine a man who's hate for the world was like the burning rage of a thousand suns stumbles upon My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. Ever since I've watched the show I've had a much more positive outlook on life!

So instead of wanting to smite people where they stand with the angry fist of a god, I now learned a better option is to Love and Tolerate (Tolerate 99.9% of the time, but 0.1% Love is still progress).

"Thank you, have a nice day!" Just like it's a part of any customer service employee's job, it's words of acceptance and appreciation that bring life to the phrase love and tolerance every day.

Also, hugs. :D

• 6 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know specifically. 

Love could be just acceptance of whatever the other person is because they just exist and are. Doesn't need explanation for why.

Tolerance is give the other the benefit of the doubt. Tough personality there's a limit to it, otherwise it becomes something else.

• Brohoof 1