Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What show did you always watch when you were a kid?

Xievie

Rollie Pollie Olie was one of my favorite shows to watch as a child.

In Kindergarten, I always went to school, came home, sat on mom and dad's bed, and watched Loonie Toons for the next hour or so.

I also liked Chowder while it was out. He was hilarous. 

I lost interest in cartoons that weren't anime after a while. Today's shows like Adventure Time don't interest me. Spongebob didn't really interest me.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Hey, I remember Rollie Pollie Ollie! :D

Anyway, I would always watch Scooby Doo, Power Rangers, Dora the Explorer, Sesame Street, Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, and Blue's Clues.

Edited by Blue Moon

(edited)

Yeah Chowder was the shit man. I always watched that. I watched Spongebob a lot and some of the other Nick shows like Jimmy Neutron. Yeah I also lost interest in cartoons (besides MLP of course)but I still like Anime a ton.

Edited by Super Derpy

(edited)

The Magic School Bus was freaking amazing! They were educational and very entertaining, I think I learned a fair bit from that series. My favourite episode was the one dealing with renewable energy or recycling.

Also a big hats off to Mr. Rogers and Mr. Dressup. I always watched them as well.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I remember watching this show called, "Adventurous Adventures of Flapjack" a lot when I was little. I also liked Blue's Clues. Yo Gabba Gabba always freaked me out..

But I indeed liked watching Chowder.

• Brohoof 1

I specifically remember watching an Aladdin cartoon series in the morning before going to [kindergarden?] I think.  Pokemon was a first grade thing I think, and around the same time ed edd n eddy and Hey Arnold.  Then there was Billy and Mandy and Teen Titans.  I loved cartoons and still do, and pretty much watched everything with the exception of rockos modern life and ren and stimpy..

Rocket Power was another favorite.  And I agree with you, I'm not a fan of adventure time or any of the newer cartoons really.  The Amazing World of Gumball is the only one I like lol

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

This here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_J._Kwak#English_Version_2

is by far one of the best cartoons ever.

Alfred Jodocus Kwak.

It is intended for children and their families just like most good cartoons, but it also has something in common with outstanding ones like FiM.

Dealing with character development and topics you wouldn't expect in most cartoons.

Basically it tells the protagonist's life, from childhood until he raises a family. It deals with cultural, emotional and political conflicts and it is a shame that it is mostly only known here in Germany and the Netherlands.

Edited by StatesTheOblivious

Ren & Stimpy, (ashamed to say now...that cartoon is weird.) Batman: The Animated Series, Animaniacs, and Hey Arnold were the ones I watched regularly. Oh, and X-Men. :D

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Time for a list:   Spongebob, the weekenders, pokemon, digimon, KND, martin mystery, recess, power puff girls, hey arnold, courage the cowardly dog, Kim possible, catscratch, Dexter lab, billy and mandy, ed edd n eddy xaolin showdown, teen titans, batman beyond, Justice league, static shock, batman the animated series, the replacements, my dad is a rockstar, dave the barbarian, american dragon,rugrats, as told by ginger, pepper ann, Duck dodgers, Danny phantom, Way side, jimmy neutron. I watched all of them plus more in the span of bewteen 5-12 like everything single one.

Edited by SkullCrusherX

(edited)

I remember my grandpa and I would always watch Tom and Jerry when he would pick me up from school.

We had always pretended I was Jerry and he was Tom, so one day I ate slices of cheese while he chased me around and then I felt sick and threw up in the trash can...ever since then I've been traumatized from eating whole unmelted yellow cheese

oh and I also loved spongebob 

Edited by Fallen

I always watched Wishbone whenever it was on. I loved that show so much, that I wrote a letter to the CEO of PBS so that they'd put it back on the air.

When I was a kid Rupert was the bee's knees. Then there was Little Bear, which to me and my peer at the time was the Twilight of Children's television, uninteresting yet incredibility popular.

Batman: The Animated Series, X-Men, Static Shock, Spongebob, Spider-Man (The Animated Show version), Superman: The Animated Series, Ren & Stimpy, and other classic cartoons. Now I just miss the old cartoons.

Teen Titans.

Inuyasha.

Yu-Gi-Oh.

I basically watched anything that was animated and filled with action, like the above three. I wasn't remotely interested in the anime that you found on adult swim at the time, though, asides from Inuyasha.

Here are my main ones:

• 64 Zoo Lane
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • Corneil & Bernie
  • Skunk Fu!
  • Rolie Polie Oile
  • A Pup Named Scooby Doo
  • LazyTown
  • Ed, Edd and Eddy
  • Rugrats
  • My Little Pony
  • Little Bear
  • Franklin
  • The Wiggles
  • Maggie and the Ferocious Beast
  • Pokemon (Still do)

There might be more, but meh.

• Brohoof 2

"Max and Ruby"

I remember this show so much because it was what I watched the instant after I almost choked on a marble. Great memories, eh?

It is basically a show about two personified rabbits: One really young (Max) and the other a bit older (Ruby). They live an average life together and such. Just like any other kid show, really.

I also remember that I loved to watch game shows where the contestants were kids. One I loved in particular was based around an ancient Aztec-like setting, and had an announcer with a really deep voice. I forgot what that show was called, but I would die to be able to watch it again. Another game show I liked was based around the sea -- I think. I remember that there were certain points in that show that freaked me out.

Unfortunately, after one fateful New Years Eve, those shows were then replaced with other shows that weren't as good, nor relevant to what I wanted to watch; game shows. I was really annoyed at that.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Depending on what country I was living at the time, I used to watch The Moomins, Old anime's like The Adventures of Nimh (I think that's what it was called), some French cartoons I can't remember the names of, Dennis the Menace, The Snorks, The Smurfs, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters!, Ren & Stimpy,  Rugrats, Loony Tunes, Mickey Mouse stuff, Tom & Jerry, and some other stuff.

A little later Digimon and Pokemon began airing, I think I always liked Digimon more though. (Dat theme tune...) I always remember watching Dexter's Lab and the Powerpuff Girls at friend's houses whenever I could, because we only had terrestrial TV. They were two of my favorite shows, so when my parents finally got Sky TV in early 2000, I was all over Cartoon Network and Fox Kids, and I discovered Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy, Batman of the Future, Coward the Cowardly Dog, Dragonball Z, Iron Man, X Men, Spiderman etc.

Then I remember new shows airing; Samurai Jack, Xiaolin Showdown, Jackie Chan Adventures, and I've kinda been watching cartoons ever since. I got more heavily into anime in my mid to late teens as well, so I remember not really watching cartoons for a while. I think it was around the time I started to loose interest in Western shows because cartoons were being replaced with Pseudo-sitcoms like Hannah Montana and Drake and Josh. LxdwA.png

Edited by Hansel

Magic School Bus, Dragon Tales, Clifford, Dora, Fairly Odd Parents, Sagwa, Proud Family, Max and Ruby, Kim Possible, Berenstain Bears, Lilo and Stich, Teen Titans, Backyardigans, Danny Phantom, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, American Dragon: Jake Long, and Avatar the last Airbender

(edited)

I remember watching stuff like Digimon, Pokemon, The Animaniacs, X-Men, Cardcaptor Sakura, Rocko's Modern Life, Dragonball Z. Then many of the old Cartoon Network shows (back when they had this opening on for Cartoon Cartoon fridays): Cow and Chicken, Powerpuff Girls; Ed, Edd n Eddy; Dexter's Lab, Courage the Cowardly Dog and I am Weasel and Johnny Bravo, were the shows I remember watching.

Edited by MuteMutt

Sesame Street, Redwall, Between the Lions, Arthur, Zoom!, Zaboomafoo, Power Rangers, Pokemon, Digimon, LLoyd in Space, Sagwa, Rugrats, The Cosby Show, Anne of Green Gables, Even Stevens, The cramps,  Baby Looney Tunes, That's So Raven, The Proud Family, Doug, Sabrina, Recess, Kim Possible, Teacher's Pet, Filmore!, Mucha Lucha, Ozzy and Drix, Xialoin Showdown, Krypto the Superdog, The Powerpuff girls, Samurai Jack, Rurouni Kenshin, Kids Next Door, Scooby Doo, Jackie Chan Adventures, YuGiOh, Kirby, Ultimate Muscle, Fighting Foodons, Cardcaptor Sakura, Megaman, Medabots, The Mummy, Rescue Heroes,  The Magic Schoolbus, Babar, Franklin, Eliot Moose, Marvin the Tap Dancing Horse, George Little, Mystic Knights (Tir na nog), George Shrinks, The Puzzle Place, Jay Jay the Jet Plane, Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego, Totally Spies!, Wishbone, Maya and Miguel and so many more.

I am now crying because I really miss all of these shows and my childhood!

• Brohoof 2