Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When you look back at the fandom in 10-15 years, what will you say?

Yes-Man

I will miss all of you loving and tolerating people. I hope it survives long, like star wars.

though I will wonder how I wasted my time on the internet and being a non social whatever I am.

and have a giant nostalgia and wach all the episodes again. Though I only have one brony firend I know good sadly and i fear something may happen and I will be lonely  when remembering the show. :(

Hm...  Well, I can't say that I will definitely still be in the fandom (assuming it exists).  I may find it to have been a silly stage in my life, because hey, it very well could be just that.  I do know that I won't regret it, not for a second.  I fully believe that I'm a better person for being apart of this, even if it's just that I became a little more open-minded about gender stereotypes.  I'm almost positive that I'll look back on these times with the fandom with fondness.

Well, when I say that "I like My Little Pony" the sentence still sounds so strange to me.

In the future, I'll look back on it and think about the fandom and all of the great and talented souls that it consisted of. This fandom will go down as one of my favorites of all time. End of story.

When I look back, I will think of the unique way the fandom and show has changed me since then.

I will also be glad to look back at the friends I made here on the forums, as well as all the content in terms of animation, art, and designs bronies have made over the years MLP FIM was popular.

All in all, in the end, I will say this: "The best of times..."  ;)

• Brohoof 1

I'll pobably still have all my MLP stuff,and have MLP avatars on pony and non-pony forums(as I do now) Hopefully the fandom will still be around for the next generations of MLP.

But I think it'll be like the Trekkies and Star Wars fandoms....people still creating,still watching re-runs, still being in the fandom.

I don't regretit now and I won't egret it  10-15 years from now. Hell, I've been in the furry fandom for 10 years.

I will always love the show and the ponies.  But in the future, there might no longer be forums and such devoted to "Friendship is Magic."  I love fandoms because they are so enthusiastic about that which they love.  I love love.  I will remember Bronies fondly as one of the greatest fandoms that ever existed.  I will always consider myself a Brony, even when most people have no idea what the term means.  And when I think back on all the time I spent participating in Brony-related activities...

tumblr_lq4xjyoVXW1qalh1y.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Looking back on the fandom would imply that it would necessarily end by that time, particularly sooner rather than later. I don't think that'll happen. Even if Generation 4 ends we might get another generation that's even better considering the boom that Friendship is Magic has brought.

That said, if it does eventually end I'll look back and say "Yeah, them was great times."

• Brohoof 1

I'm going to think, "I watched what when I was 18?" I would have never expected that I would enjoy watching a show about magical talking ponies that control the weather and all that friendship gist. Oddly enough, if this brony thing isn't a phase, then I'd think I'd still be watching season.... 20 of My Little Pony, if it's still around and is still fun to watch.

I would give MLP being mainstream probably 3 or 4 more years. in 10-15 years, their will still be some die-hard fans, but i don't see anymore cons or new episodes. That is not necessarily a bad thing, fads go in and out, something else will be in during that time. I don't think people will have heard of it on the street, and if they did, it would be them remembering back. Personalty  i will always remember it and the show will always have a place in my heart. I will probably wonder how i liked a show about ponies discover the magical power of friendship, but if its still playing by then, i would probably still be watching.

Edited by Radost

For me to able to look back and say that I was a part of one of the most talented, positive, friendly, and thriving fandoms/communities will be always be a highlight of my life. I will never regret the time Iv spent within this fandom and all it has to offer. I also think this fandom has changed a lot of my out life as well as, my out looks on everything for the better. 

There are so many things that I would have probably never done, gotten into, or experienced with out the awesomeness of this community to be here. I mean how can you look back and say that you regret being apart of a community with so many creative, clever, cool, welcoming, excepting and over all awesome people in it? 

I honestly think  if the fandom were ever to die out, there will never be another fandom/community epic enough to replace it.  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure if I look back on it, I'm going to feel three things at once: Happiness, Sadness, and Amazement.

Happiness because of how much better this fandom has made my life, sadness because of the fact that it's over (If it's over at that point), and amazement because I was a part of a fandom until the very end (Again, if it's over at that point)

• Brohoof 1

Id probably have to say this forums site downright. Never have I been so attached to a site as I am to this place. For this place to be the first forums I have ever been apart of I can say I did a pretty good job of joining here. I really enjoy talking to you all a lot and always am I drawn to here its just a nice place to get away from things. If anything from becoming a fan of this show. I have this site out of any other will always stick with me. You all are some really kind people

Edited by Gone Airbourne

I honestly wont think much of it really. People are eventually going to realize that it is no big deal to like a cartoon 0_o. Off course I do love and value cartoons. So I really won't think much of the entire fandom as whole. 

Now this forum on the other, well that's an entirely different story. I have actually grown as person because I joined said forum. It isn't about the ponies, but about the people that I have met here and the second boom in music that I found because of people, yeah Radiohead. It also did help me through a rough patch as well. So yes, 10-15 years from now I may look back and think quite fondly of this forum.

Obviously, the show will be over in 10-15 years, but who knows? Maybe there will still be a fandom, small or not. I mean, I only lived through the prequels, but I would say I'm a bit of the Star Wars fan myself, and the original movie came out almost 40 years ago!

I would probably also search up ponies on the internet, and get a mixed feeling of sadness and happiness.

Anyways, if I were to take a good look into the past, and have all the memories, good and bad, come flowing to me, I'm positive I would have a mixed feeling of thankfulness, sadness, and happiness.. Thankful, that this fandom has taught me so much about almost everything, and ultimately made me a better person. Not sure how much I'd focus on the show in general (although I would remember all of the adventures the Mane Six, the CMC, and all the other ponies had), but I'm sure I would focus very much on the joy I've experienced being a part of this magnificent community. And knowing me, I would whisper to the heavens a "thank you".

I would be somber, of course, because all of those great times I had are over, and the show is over, but that feeling would be ultimately outweighed by the two positive feelings. If I were to search up ponies on the internet, and watch an episode, I'm sure some good, wholesome, nostalgic tears would be shed.

And lastly, I would be happy, happy because I was actually a part of all the fun that had gone on in the fandom, and happy that I had it as personal guide to life.

All in all, I think I will always hold My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, and the community, dear to me.

Edited by Modphazon
  • Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...

I'd probably be like, "Man, those were the days! It was weird, sure, but I made so many friends because of a show that at first glance appeared to be a regular show for little girls. I'd never imagine I'd be into that sort of thing. It's still a good show though."

Edited by Paleopony
  • Brohoof 1

I expect I'll remember the fandom as full of wise people who did amazing acts of kindness and generosity.  Sure, there were bad apples here and there, but that's true of literally every fandom:  what I remember is everypony coming together to bail out a con that was going broke out of nowhere, artists selling goods to help pay medical bills for families, and a lot of friendliness and understanding.

And collabs.  And imagination.  And...oh, too much to tell!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2013-08-12 at 12:53 PM, Harmonic Revelations said:

When I think about the fandom, I'm going to think about all of you, all of my friends, the great times we had together, and the amazing things all of you have done for me. I am very grateful for everything the fandom has done, and I always will be, even looking back from the distant future.

I can in fact confirm from the distant future that what this young fourteen year old boy said was indeed correct. 

I’d just say. Hmm. Guess I’ll find a way to rewatch the series again.  Unless I still somehow have Netflix and Hulu by then. Then I’ll just rewatch the series there. I mean I rewatched an anime I hadn’t watched in a while not that long ago.