Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Most Disappointing Bosses in Gaming

Xievie

Gravelord Nito in Dark Souls. Badass character design, awesome name, great music, all around excellent character. Just look at him;

Nito and The Bed of Chaos were pretty damn disappointing, but Gwyn was even more so. He was supposed to be the most powerful of the lords, but I literally parried him three times and he died. And I had Brolaire with me, which increases his health.

Gwyndolin was pretty disappointing as well.

And Pinwheel is not a boss. Three second battles do not constitute bosses.

Edited by Foreigner and Lover

I don't even know if this counts compared to some of those horror game bosses out there, but in Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, the final boss was Darkrai. He looked freaking awesome, and I expected him to be the hardest to defeat. Yet, I beat him really easily! I had had a harder time defeating the Croagunk at the beginning of the game than I did with that guy! He was still pretty epic though. His cool looks are the only reason I enjoyed fighting him.

Warning: Spoilers for Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Jaron Namir, from above game. Ever since he kidnapped Megan at the start of the game I had been eagerly anticipating the moment I got to whoop his ass. But, to be honest... the battle really wasn't enjoyable. I got the Tai Yong chip which disabled my augmentations during the fight, so I had to use guns found in shelves that were all over the room for some reason. Plus, the only way to take down Namir eventually is if you spam the Plasma Rifle from around a corner. It's the only way to kill him that doesn't take half an hour.

I also hate how your augmentations get disabled if you have the Tai Yong chip. What's the point of a climactic boss fight if the entire customisation mechanic, your augmentation tree, is nullified during it? Those investments into stealth augmentations and firearm upgrades throughout the game, so that you could get to Namir... totally pointless with the Tai Yong chip. True, all four boss fights in this game are far outshined by the rest of the game (Deus Ex HR is a superb game outside of its boss fights) but I was hoping for something kick-ass when it came to Namir. I'm glad they tackled this issue in The Missing Link.

The human reaper lava from Mass effect 2:

I was hyped ro fight that thing so muh! So much! I was like "Awwww shizzle son!" and then this became my expieience:

shoot it in the eye with big laser gun. Oh no, gun empty. Fire at it's eye with a shuriken I for 20 minutes.

Done.

Legit. That was all I done.

And that was another reason why mass effect three was an improvment to the dissapointing game of mass effect 2.

Warning: Spoilers for Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Jaron Namir, from above game. Ever since he kidnapped Megan at the start of the game I had been eagerly anticipating the moment I got to whoop his ass. But, to be honest... the battle really wasn't enjoyable. I got the Tai Yong chip which disabled my augmentations during the fight, so I had to use guns found in shelves that were all over the room for some reason. Plus, the only way to take down Namir eventually is if you spam the Plasma Rifle from around a corner. It's the only way to kill him that doesn't take half an hour.

I also hate how your augmentations get disabled if you have the Tai Yong chip. What's the point of a climactic boss fight if the entire customisation mechanic, your augmentation tree, is nullified during it? Those investments into stealth augmentations and firearm upgrades throughout the game, so that you could get to Namir... totally pointless with the Tai Yong chip. True, all four boss fights in this game are far outshined by the rest of the game (Deus Ex HR is a superb game outside of its boss fights) but I was hoping for something kick-ass when it came to Namir. I'm glad they tackled this issue in The Missing Link.

Ironically, you don't even meed the chip. After pritchard reccomends you get the chi all side effects just dissapear. No surges no pain. The chip is worthless.

Anyway, because you didn't get the chip, all your augamentations are available and this is how you beat him.

1. Fully upgrade your typhoon augament before the fight.

2. Stun gun him.

3. Immediatly after, activate the typhoon.

4. Repeat steps 2-3 omve or twice more.

Done!

Infact that's how you beat all the bosses. I know right?

Personally To Me, probably a bad choice to some, But I'd Say Augustus Autumn / Colonel Autumn From Fallout 3.
For such a good game, it was just disappointing for me, I don't even know if I can even call him a boss..

Literally One Right Shot to the head and he's gone... It's nothing compared to other such games... Just Awful.

Anti-Climatic To The Max for me... Urghh...

Edited by Sakura Bloom

The weapons and the bosses in Final Fanasty 10 were very disappointing

Dark Dragon in ShiningForce (older game but still disappointing)

Of course couldn't be complete without the bosses from Fable 2 and 3

So theres mo spoilers i'll just say the nain boss in Assassin's Creed 3 god disappointing after a fun game

Edited by DaReaper

The most disappointing boss in a video game ever would be Alduin, from The Elder Scrolls V: SkyrimThey described him as a "all and powerful beast," but when I finally fought him, he was pathetically easy to kill, and boring. It was just like any other dragon battle, shoot arrows, use magic, hit him with a sword when he lands. That's it.

Edited by Sunset Shimmer

Everyone (Except Scarecrow) In "Batman: Arkham Asylum"

They mostly just stand back and summon MORE FRIGGING THUGS for you to fight (Scarecrow, however, actually summons ENTIRE WORLDS for you to have to go through, effectively going Discord/Sombra on your @$$).

Edited by Anti-Villain

Out of the bosses I've defeated in video games, it would have to be Killbane from Saints Row the Third for the lamest boss fight on Mars. It got repetitive after the first two minutes of him rushing to tackle me. And it takes forever to get him near the lava crystals. The boss fight took thirty-six minutes. Then the final cutscene just confused me for the next ten minutes.

SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Bottom' boss fights were actually more varietal and you only had to hit them so many times. And the final boss music for that game is just so intense. :o

I prefer more realistic boss fights though, like Heavy Rain's final chapter and Sleeping Dogs' last mission.

Edited by FallingBrony

Definitely the battle against Hade's Heart in Kid Icarus: Uprising. Most of the bosses in the game offer you the ability to free-roam throughout an entire arena-esque battlefield to take on the boss and it allows a lot of space to get through and dodge and fight. This fight, however, surrounds you with closed corridors that form a maze-like environment against a heart that just runs around everywhere. No real attacks or anything. If you hit it too much, it will briefly go invincible and target you in a berserker rage, and in the meanwhile, it makes a temporary clone of itself that walks a bit, and explodes in all straight directions (just think Bomberman) just when you have little chance to make into a corridor before it fires. As well, the closed, claustrophobic feel of the area leaves you with very little freedom to dodge and attack and just leads to an overall unpleasant and needlessly infuriating experience.

I love the game, awkward control scheme and all, but this battle SUCKED.

I hate the boss on BF bad company 2 because kirlinko the russian pshyco you kill. It's not really a fight he grans on to your team member and he trows him out of the plane and you just shoot him in the air not much of a boss fight to me.

oops sorry for my grammar just re read it and it will make sense to you aventually so ya sorry about that nothign I can do about that.

Basically the 8 Elemental Dragons in Final Fantasy 6. They're surprisingly weak and pose no challenge, but to the game's credit in the remake version they do all have tougher versions you fight in the Dragon's Den, well except the poor old Blue Dragon.

Oh and Mother Brain from super Metroid:

sm-mb.gif

Seriously even Kraid put up more of a fight than Mother Brain. The way the game plays out with the dramatic music in Lower Norfair and the intense difficult boss fight with Ridley, you would expect that Mother Brain to be significantly tougher. But no it mostly starts off as a one sided battle, then you get your butt whooped in a played out montage, then the metroid bails you out and you get a super beam and practically KO Mother Brain w/o much of a fight. Its dramatic and nice for plot, but Mother Brain is not much of a boss. 

EVERY SINGLE BOSS IN EVERY MODERN GAME EVER The bosses of Saints Row 2 was kind of disappointing, but blimey was the final boss a bloody joke in a otherwise excellent game. Crash a helicopter into his building, take down security, one shot the guy, bam, game won and you get cake. I mean it's realistic that a guy who only have power through his position wouldn't be a strong combatant, but after the excellent Monstertruck boss fight earlier in the game, and the fact that this is the same game where you throw yourself in front of high speed traffic and bounce like a human rubber ball as a form for insurance fraud, they could have tried to come up with something better than this.

BOWSER in New Super Mario Bros. I haven't played it for the Wii, but he is waaaaaaay too easy to beat on the DS. I also think that pretty much every single person in the Elite Four in Pokémon are too easily beaten.

• Brohoof 1

SPOILER AHEAD SIREN! *Wee-woo wee-woo wee-woo*

Not like it wasn't obvious, but I'm just warning y'all in case you sue me or something.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

If you've completed this game before, you'll know what I'm talking about. Guerro, the main antagonist of the game, is fittingly the final (and pretty much only) boss battle in the game. But the one thing that really sucked about this boss: it was all QTE's. Yup, it was nothing but telegraphed swipes, which is simply the worst way to end an otherwise fantastic game. The cutscenes were cool during the battle, but the swiping pretty much pulled your attention away from watching them, so they're not really that big of a compensation for a clearly rushed final battle.

Borderlands 2 Pirate DLC thing-y (can't remember exact name)

The first expansion pack for the game, it was a nice bit of extra content for us to dig into. It had a very nice pirate feeling to it which would make a lot of sense, and the antagonist (The Leviathan) is talked about quite a bit, building the fear factor up. But when you actually got to the thing, he turns out to be nothing but a gargantuan semi-pacifist, who only attacks when you get near him. His worm minions do the actual battle, so when you finally manage to kill him, you really question yourself as to whether he was actually that much of a threat. I answered that with a clear no.

Another boss fight that was completely disappointing? All four archfiend fight from Final Fantasy IV.

FINAL FANTASY IV SPOILERS AHEAD!

I knew it would be difficult, but not so difficult that after at least 50 tries, I finally make it with only my highest level character, with only 27 HP!!! It was disappointing in the opposite way as the previous one I posted. IT WAS TOO HARD. Plus, WHY DID YOU DO THIS SQUARE, PLEASE, WHY??? I mean it was hard to fight them individually, and now you have to 1. put a cliche in and 2. the absolute HARDEST boss ever, or *hm hm* FOUR BOSSES.

Hmm Toadman is rather disapointing, really just keep shooting him. Dustman is pretty disappoing. Also Anglerfish and Slime Eyes from Link's Awakening. Volgar or whatever from Ocarina of Time, you expect a dragon fight to be epic, but nope just whack a mole.

• 2 months later...

It seems you forgot how easy Pinwheel is in comparison to Nito , with that I leave you a neat little comic strip of the two babbling about.img-1752421-2-dark_souls__chronicles_of_

They are both pretty disappointing bosses, but Have you ever played "Demon's Souls"? If you have, then I think you will exactly who I'm talking about. The true King Allant was worse by far.

Why is it that I haven't seen anything about N in Pokemon Black and white? (And Alder really was no better other than his team being level 70+. I haven't seen levels that high since Red in Gen 2)

SPOILERS START NOW (although there's not much to miss in Pokemon games story-wise)

By the way, I don't know how to hide spoilers so if you stumble on them by mistake, well, I'm sorry. 

With N, I mean, you train, you see this guy throughout the whole game, and while his intentions are good, you sort of expect him to die in a blazing fireball with his convictions. You know, they sure as heck SEEM strong enough. But no! He just turns into a freakin pansy. You know what, N? Screw you. I hope someone kicks you in the nuts...

1896500-n_pokemon_black_white_trainer_un

Edited by ThatOneBrony

I sometimes hate it when a final boss is way harder than the rest of the game was.  I don't mind a challenge when the whole game is challenging, but when there's a sudden spike right when I'm trying to finish the game, it's annoying.  A few that come to mind are Rayman 2 and 3, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and most Twisted Metal games.  Sometimes it can work well though, like Gnasty Gnorc at the end of Spyro the Dragon or the chase at the end of Spider-Man ps1.  The second boss from Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes is also too hard.

Some games also have final bosses that are too easy, like Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando and Final Fantasy XII.

Then in Jersey Devil, there's one boss that's a Frankenstein head on a chair with a cape.  What the heck was that!?

Also, as good as Super Mario 64 is, the Bowzer bosses aren't all that great.

Edited by Dr. Eggnog

The Joker at the end of 'Batman: Arkham Asylum'.

Because it feels like a rehash of the Bane fight and I've come to expect more from the freakin' Joker.

I didn't even feel like I was fighting the same character at the time.

I was expecting something more Joker-like, such as a joy buzzer with real high voltage electricity, a flower that squirts highly potent acid, a gun that goes 'BANG!' which he could have randomly switched out with a REAL gun.

That kind of thing.

• Brohoof 4

I think a disappointing boss battle that I can remember was the final boss battle in the first Bioshock. It was just too easy, no real challenge. After I beated it, I loaded the last check point and beat it again with no problem. It's one thing to have a challenge, it's another to have the battle spoon-fed to you, so to speak. Still a great game though, I give it a 69/10.

• Brohoof 1