Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Dark Tournament II (FULL!)

Literally Snails

As she stood there drinking, she was having a six-way conversation in her head. Aww, it was MY turn!

No. You were making a fool of yourself.

We should crush the table. Intimidate our foes.

Silence! We need to work together! If we don't, we'll be dead soon.

Eagle issss right. Focus, and let Skunk do her thinkingsssss. Your time will come Sssssquirrel. Pella sighed, and pitched her bottle in a waist receptacle. "Anypony know where a girl can find a good punching bag around here?"

@, "I'd say you could use other contestants, but I have a feeling you'd start in on me. I honestly haven't got a clue. They might not even be here. Fortunately, the walls seem more or less solid, you could use one of those. I'm Standoff, a pleasure to make your aquaintance."

Rune came behind Standoff and Pella. He put one hoof on each of their shoulders and smiled. "I love being social, but wouldn't it be more respectful to watch the fight. I think one of them is gonna die soon." He said this without a hint of concern. He was simply still being pleasant.

@, "I'd say you could use other contestants, but I have a feeling you'd start in on me. I honestly haven't got a clue. They might not even be here. Fortunately, the walls seem more or less solid, you could use one of those. I'm Standoff, a pleasure to make your aquaintance."

"Pelarium. And while they may seem solid, they're made of concrete. Which is a mixture of paste, rocks, sand, and water. I don't think they award brownie points to the pony who breaks down the wall first..." She sighs, "Maybe I could make one... Just need something that will bend and snap back under pressure..."

"Look, Mr. Rune; we're here to die, or to fight. I'll watch in time, but not for my wnjoyment. Squirrel says hi. She likes your hair." Pella turned back to the refreshment table, looking for something to nibble on.

Edited by Dawnpath

@, "I don't think we've met. How many odd-types does Rail employ, anyway? Sorry. Thinking out loud. I'm Standoff, and yeah, someone's going to die in the next two minutes or those fans are going to start a riot. Trust me, I know exactly what I'm talking about when I say that." Standoff looked to the screen, then looked away. He seemed agitated.

@, "I don't think we've met. How many odd-types does Rail employ, anyway? Sorry. Thinking out loud. I'm Standoff, and yeah, someone's going to die in the next two minutes or those fans are going to start a riot. Trust me, I know exactly what I'm talking about when I say that." Standoff looked to the screen, then looked away. He seemed agitated.

"Oh, I'm not an employee. I'm a fighter!" Rune said cheerfully. "I'm going to kill you. :3" he let go of Standoffs shoulder and watched the screen.

The wall speaker turned on again. "Standoff and Cosmo Shadesteel. Report to the second arena. You are the next match!"

@@TheBreech

@, Standoff checked the grappling hook one last time, and started towards the arena, whistling as he went. "Hey, Cosmo, you think you can win this time? I'm not sure myself. It's gonna be good. See you in the ring, mate!" Resuming whistling, he walked a little faster.

Cosmo looked around the room, feeling bittersweet as he recognized Crimson and some other ponies he'd met before. "I hope they survive... But I can accept their deaths..." Hearing the announcement, Cosmo remembered the fight he'd had with Standoff a year ago. "If he launches anything at me, I'm sending it to the moon. He will not disable me like that again..." Cosmo headed to the arena, Altair hovering beside him, and Shadow Dance active (a speed buff where Cosmo is propelled by telekinetic energy). As he saw Standoff Cosmo called out, "I hope you aren't planning to buck my magic up again Standoff! I will surpass you this time!"

(Seriously, no BS...)

@@TheBreech, "You seem upset. Never heard of a backup plan? Are you seriously begrudging me the fact that I had and used the means to disable your greatest strength? I think you'd do the same, in my sort of situation." Standoff kept walking, singing under his breath. "The sun has borne a brand-new day, conscience has been cast away. Evil has been blessed with praise, heroes end up in their graves. So who will be your saviour now? They've shot your angels to the ground. It's a lonely road to absolution we must walk along..."

(edited)

@@TheBreech, "You seem upset. Never heard of a backup plan? Are you seriously begrudging me the fact that I had and used the means to disable your greatest strength? I think you'd do the same, in my sort of situation." Standoff kept walking, singing under his breath. "The sun has borne a brand-new day, conscience has been cast away. Evil has been blessed with praise, heroes end up in their graves. So who will be your saviour now? They've shot your angels to the ground. It's a lonely road to absolution we must walk along..."

Cosmo looked around the room, feeling bittersweet as he recognized Crimson and some other ponies he'd met before. "I hope they survive... But I can accept their deaths..." Hearing the announcement, Cosmo remembered the fight he'd had with Standoff a year ago. "If he launches anything at me, I'm sending it to the moon. He will not disable me like that again..." Cosmo headed to the arena, Altair hovering beside him, and Shadow Dance active (a speed buff where Cosmo is propelled by telekinetic energy). As he saw Standoff Cosmo called out, "I hope you aren't planning to buck my magic up again Standoff! I will surpass you this time!"

(Seriously, no BS...)

"Now this is a real grudge match!" Topaz said. "These two fighters were at each others throats in the last tournament! But who really cares if neither of them won- oops! I'm being a mean girl again!"

The crowd began a chant. "Kill Cosmo! Kill Cosmo! Kill Cosmo!"

"And it looks like the fans have started another chanting session!" Topaz said. "I love it when they do that."

Rune was sitting in front of the screen chanting along. "Kill Cosmo! Kill Cosmo! This is fun! Kill Cosmo! Kill Cosmo!"

The ref nodded to both fighters. "BEGIN!"

@

Rune was behind Crimson Grinn, balancing on the tip of his front right hoof with a childlike smile. "I'm your first fight! Did you know that, mister? I want to talk to you now since you're gonna be dead soon." He made a pouty face then returned to his smile. "I saw you punch that security guards face off. That was a pretty neat-o trick! I bet you I could do it better, though."

Edited by SecretAgentSnails

"A griffon vs a pony?" Sh knew a little of Tempest. -Well he is the only pony I can really cheer for- She decide to talk to Crimson. Being the only other pony she knew. Beside talking to some pony about the fight would better then just talking to herself about the fights.

@

"Hey Crimson. What do you think of the match up?"

"Now this is a real grudge match!" Topaz said. "These two fighters were at each others throats in the last tournament! But who really cares if neither of them won- oops! I'm being a mean girl again!"

The crowd began a chant. "Kill Cosmo! Kill Cosmo! Kill Cosmo!"

"And it looks like the fans have started another chanting session!" Topaz said. "I love it when they do that."

Rune was sitting in front of the screen chanting along. "Kill Cosmo! Kill Cosmo! This is fun! Kill Cosmo! Kill Cosmo!"

The ref nodded to both fighters. "BEGIN!"

@

Rune was behind Crimson Grinn, balancing on the tip of his front right hoof with a childlike smile. "I'm your first fight! Did you know that, mister? I want to talk to you now since you're gonna be dead soon." He made a pouty face then returned to his smile. "I saw you punch that security guards face off. That was a pretty neat-o trick! I bet you I could do it better, though."

Crimson tilted his hat up and opened his eyes, smiling at icy, "hehe, well I think this fight will at least be very interesting to say the least...are you a contestant here too icy?" Asked crimson but stopped smiling once rune interrupted, acting like a child. Crimson glared deeply at rune, "I suggest that you get away from me now, before i decide to roast you alive, you annoying little prick..." said crimson flatly.

@@TheBreech, "There's something to be said for having fans. They root for you, give you a mental boost, throw things at your opponents. Crowd doesn't seem to like you, Cosmo. I wonder why?" Standoff raised the hoof with the grapple-gun. "Ever wonder what getting your leg yanked off feels like? You're about to find out." He fired.

(The grapple-gun has a long reach, a tough cable, and a very, very strong pullback.)

(edited)

Crimson tilted his hat up and opened his eyes, smiling at icy, "hehe, well I think this fight will at least be very interesting to say the least...are you a contestant here too icy?" Asked crimson but stopped smiling once rune interrupted, acting like a child. Crimson glared deeply at rune, "I suggest that you get away from me now, before i decide to roast you alive, you annoying little prick..." said crimson flatly.

Rune tilted up his muzzle. "You don't scare me. I'm not afraid of bullies. Being scared of them is no good way to get in a fight." His eyes narrowed and his smile deepened. "And I love a good fight, don't you? There's no better way to learn what you need to survive!"

"Crimson Grinn and Rune, Please enter the third arena. Your match has been switched to slot three."

"Oh, fun!" Rune jumped for joy. "To think they only do this once a year!" He walked off and made his way to the stadium.

@,

"Sadly I am, but since I am here I should At least try to win. I know that is unlikely, but If I can get to the second round I'll call it good" She said smiling. She turned to face Rune. The way he spoke to Crimson made Icy think. -If he think he can talk about killing crimson so easily then he is very cocky or has a trick up his hoof-

Then she heard that Crimson and Rune were going in right now.

"Crimson I know you can beat him. I'll be rooting for you"

@

"Um, I wish you luck? I suppose"

Edited by Snowy Storm

Rune tilted up his muzzle. "You don't scare me. I'm not afraid of bullies. Being scared of them is no good way to get in a fight." His eyes narrowed and his smile deepened. "And I love a good fight, don't you? There's no better way to learn what you need to survive!"

"Crimson Grinn and Rune, Please enter the third arena. Your match has been switched to slot three."

"Oh, fun!" Rune jumped for joy. "To think they only do this once a year!" He walked off and made his way to the stadium.

@,

"Sadly I am, but since I am here I should At least try to win. I know that is unlikely, but If I can get to the second round I'll call it good" She said smiling. She turned to face Rune. The way he spoke to Crimson made Icy think. -If he think he can talk about killing crimson so easily then he is very cocky or has a trick up his hoof-

Then she heard that Crimson and Rune were going in right now.

"Crimson I know you can beat him. I'll be rooting for you"

@

"Um, I wish you luck? I suppose"

Crimson sighed and got up from the couch and began to stretch, "damn that guy is annoying...he really ruined my good mood, if he thinks I'm weak, then he's dead wrong...and thanks by the way, I know i can win, see you later!" Said crimson before quickly trotting off to the arena. After a few minutes, crimson emerged into the arena and simply stood there waiting impatiently for his opponent.

Crimson sighed and got up from the couch and began to stretch, "damn that guy is annoying...he really ruined my good mood, if he thinks I'm weak, then he's dead wrong...and thanks by the way, I know i can win, see you later!" Said crimson before quickly trotting off to the arena. After a few minutes, crimson emerged into the arena and simply stood there waiting impatiently for his opponent.

"After this I hope we can still befriends." Rune said happily. "I love dead ponies. They're so easy to get along with!"

"Okay, you two are having way too much fun." The ref said. "Start the fight!" He waved a white flag signaling the start of the match.

Rune stepped into an open stance. "You first." He said.

"After this I hope we can still befriends." Rune said happily. "I love dead ponies. They're so easy to get along with!"

"Okay, you two are having way too much fun." The ref said. "Start the fight!" He waved a white flag signaling the start of the match.

Rune stepped into an open stance. "You first." He said.

Crimson smirked, "well, if you insist..." said crimson darkly before forming a flame whip and quickly wrapping it around rune's neck. Crimson then smiled evilly, "going up..." said crimson before using the whip to toss rune over his head and speed towards the ground headfirst. "And going down... goodnight sweet prince..." said crimson darkly.

Crimson smirked, "well, if you insist..." said crimson darkly before forming a flame whip and quickly wrapping it around rune's neck. Crimson then smiled evilly, "going up..." said crimson before using the whip to toss rune over his head and speed towards the ground headfirst. "And going down... goodnight sweet prince..." said crimson darkly.

(His reaction speed wouldn't allow the whip to hit him)

Before the whip made contact with his neck he jumped back an whipped his head forward, creating an identical whip. The two whips hit each other and tangled together.

"Hahaha! Didn't expect that did you? You're stuff is super easy. Let me show you something fun." He disbanded the whip and stepped back. "Learning neat tricks is my special talent. I've killed lots of mages with all kinds of cool tricks. Let me show you one of my favorites." His horn became enveloped in electricity that engulfed his right front hoof like a giant legband. "Are you ready? STORM OF TORMENT!!!" The lightning shot out from his hoof in a wide cone like a shotgun blast headed toward Crimson.

(His reaction speed wouldn't allow the whip to hit him)

Before the whip made contact with his neck he jumped back an whipped his head forward, creating an identical whip. The two whips hit each other and tangled together.

"Hahaha! Didn't expect that did you? You're stuff is super easy. Let me show you something fun." He disbanded the whip and stepped back. "Learning neat tricks is my special talent. I've killed lots of mages with all kinds of cool tricks. Let me show you one of my favorites." His horn became enveloped in electricity that engulfed his right front hoof like a giant legband. "Are you ready? STORM OF TORMENT!!!" The lightning shot out from his hoof in a wide cone like a shotgun blast headed toward Crimson.

Crimson growles angrily, "fuck! It seems I've enterestimated that little prick...but oh well, let's see where this fight goes from here, maybe he can last longer than my last opponent..." thought crimson before unsheathing helios and using it to deflect the lightning back at rune.

((Lol, enchanted indestructable sword!))

"Energy Absorbtion Wall!" Rune's horn created a see through dome around him that caused all the lightning that hit it to disappear. What didn't hit the wall was spread out into a few unfortunate members of the audience. "Haha! What fun!" He laughed. The wall disbanded. "I know another neat trick to use!" He opened his mouth and dozens of thin threads protruded from his throat and waved like tentacles.

(Almost unbreakable)

Icy could only sigh.

Seeing Rune and how he was able to parry Crimsons attack made her a little worried. Still all magic had it's limits and Icy knew that. -If he can copy Crimsons magic and from those he has fought before, his match wasn't about strength anymore. It about who can out wit the other and has the most tricks

"Come on Crimson I know you can win" she said to herself.

"Energy Absorbtion Wall!" Rune's horn created a see through dome around him that caused all the lightning that hit it to disappear. What didn't hit the wall was spread out into a few unfortunate members of the audience. "Haha! What fun!" He laughed. The wall disbanded. "I know another neat trick to use!" He opened his mouth and dozens of thin threads protruded from his throat and waved like tentacles.

(Almost unbreakable)

Crimson paused and his eyes widened in shock at the strange sight before him, "what...the...fuck?... okay...that's just a little weird...but whatever, let's see what...that...does exactly!" Said crimson before firing a giant flaming egg-like fireball, that seemed to move a little inside, at rune.

The tendrils moved as if they were independent creatures and enveloped the fire ball. Rune detached them from his mouth and they formed together into one thick tentacle with the fireball still inside the tip. "Psychic silk Thread." Rune said. "It's made of pure energy in physical form. Each thread is stronger than an armored truck. Imagine getting hit by fifty!!!!" He slung the Psychic rope at Crimson like a giant whip. "Bow Before your god!"

The tendrils moved as if they were independent creatures and enveloped the fire ball. Rune detached them from his mouth and they formed together into one thick tentacle with the fireball still inside the tip. "Psychic silk Thread." Rune said. "It's made of pure energy in physical form. Each thread is stronger than an armored truck. Imagine getting hit by fifty!!!!" He slung the Psychic rope at Crimson like a giant whip. "Bow Before your god!"

Crimson looked up at the oncoming giant tendril with slight amusemant, grinning insanily, "god...tch...bitch please...YOUR NO GOD!! NOW SHUT UP AND DIE LIKE THE MORTAL YOU ARE FREAK!! VOIDSTAR!!" Shouted crimson before the tendril slammed down on him. After a few moments of silence, the crowd gasped in shock as they saw crimson covered in a black, flame-like aura, completely unharmed, in fact, the giant tendril didn't even phase him, he merely stood there with the tendril ontop of him, with a twisted grin, "didn't feel a thing...and guess what? It gets worse! FLAMING CRICKET DEATH BOMBS!!" Yelled crimson as he tossed off the tendril, before the fireball from earlier exploded, sending flaming crickets all over the arena, and many on rune's body. Crimson smirked evilly, "check mate..." said crimson before all of the crickets exploded.

((Bet ya didn't see that one comin did ya?! Lol, but seriously, its in his list of powers, just look at his OC page bro!))

(edited)

Crimson looked up at the oncoming giant tendril with slight amusemant, grinning insanily, "god...tch...bitch please...YOUR NO GOD!! NOW SHUT UP AND DIE LIKE THE MORTAL YOU ARE FREAK!! VOIDSTAR!!" Shouted crimson before the tendril slammed down on him. After a few moments of silence, the crowd gasped in shock as they saw crimson covered in a black, flame-like aura, completely unharmed, in fact, the giant tendril didn't even phase him, he merely stood there with the tendril ontop of him, with a twisted grin, "didn't feel a thing...and guess what? It gets worse! FLAMING CRICKET DEATH BOMBS!!" Yelled crimson as he tossed off the tendril, before the fireball from earlier exploded, sending flaming crickets all over the arena, and many on rune's body. Crimson smirked evilly, "check mate..." said crimson before all of the crickets exploded.

((Bet ya didn't see that one comin did ya?! Lol, but seriously, its in his list of powers, just look at his OC page bro!))

(on the contrary, you did exactly what I wanted faster than I thought you would) Run slammed all four hooves on the stadium and gasped. For a while he was worried, then his confidence grew back. He spun around, slowly at first, then at impossible speeds, drilling strait down into the stadium, underground before the Crickets exploded. The ref poked out from hiding. "Does that count as a ring ou-oh my god!!" Earth and clay shot out from the hole and Rune emerged covered in a thick plate of earthen armor. "So that's voidstar." He said. "Pretty neat. I've heard all about it. Can't wait to try it myself!"

"For the love of celestia! Run away!" An audience member yelled. Most of the stadium scrambled to get to the nearest exit.

Rune assumed a widespread stance and let the same dark aura swirl around him. "Voidstar! This may be my favorite technique! I am a god now. You're at your peak power. You've used up all of your tricks and I still have a hundred and counting! What are you gonna do? Throw fire balls at me? Give up now and I'll spare you your dignity."