Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Dark Tournament II (FULL!)

Literally Snails

All Whiplash felt was pain everywhere. She was a few feet in the ground, where Stone had slammed her in. She gently prodded her head, which was dripping with blood. I have to get up! GET UP! She screamed to herself, but everything just hurt. "No. No, I will NOT give up," she snarled, and slowly picked herself back up. Whiplash looksd around the small pit, and saw the dagger had fallen in. It was her last hope. The pegasus grasped it between her teeth and focused the last of her energy on it. Wind began to generate, lifting her up out of the hold. It swirled around Stone, picking her up and slamming her outside of the arena. By now, most of Whiplash's energy was gone. She used the last of the wind's pressure to hold Stone down. If she could keep this up for ten seconds, Whiplash would win.

(edited)

All Whiplash felt was pain everywhere. She was a few feet in the ground, where Stone had slammed her in. She gently prodded her head, which was dripping with blood. I have to get up! GET UP! She screamed to herself, but everything just hurt. "No. No, I will NOT give up," she snarled, and slowly picked herself back up. Whiplash looksd around the small pit, and saw the dagger had fallen in. It was her last hope. The pegasus grasped it between her teeth and focused the last of her energy on it. Wind began to generate, lifting her up out of the hold. It swirled around Stone, picking her up and slamming her outside of the arena. By now, most of Whiplash's energy was gone. She used the last of the wind's pressure to hold Stone down. If she could keep this up for ten seconds, Whiplash would win.

"Naturally, Ill start a ten count!" Said the red. She scurried onto the arena and began to count up. "..ONE! ...TWO! ...THREE!"

"Could this be the end, folks?" Topaz asked the crowd. "It looks that way, but I sure hope not! I was just starting to have fun!"

"Four! ...Five!" The red continued.

Edited by SecretAgentSnails

@@TheBreech, "You know, if I'd brought my Stick-to-Pony boots, you'd be dead. Anyway. Are you seriously not going to kill me? I'm a bit disappointed, really." Standoff chuckled. "You of all ponies should want me dead. What happened?" His face clouded. "I'll tell you what happened." He looked into the distance, then at the crowd. "First one to yell at me gets their head pulled off. Second one to yell at me gets beaten to death with the head of the first one. Patience is a virtue." He looked back to Cosmo. "You want to know what it's like, being a professional hitman who defaults the second-last round of a fight competition, then gets his ass handed to him in the final? You have no idea. You've got a cushy job with the Princess, right? I've been a mugger the last year of my life. It's the only reason I'm still alive. You want to know what that's like?"

"No I don't, and that's why I'm not sure why I wanted to kill you. Tell me, what reason do I have for killing you? Executing your opponents? Everyone in this competition knows we're encouraged to kill each other, you just did what the crowd wanted. I've never had to struggle, I've had to do dark things, so I know the world isn't sunshine and rainbows. My job isn't cushy when I'm face to face with a deranged sorceress or a tyrants personal guard, but I've always had something or somepony I can come back to and rely on. So how can I judge a pony whose life I've never expirienced, and who I know practically nothing about?" Even as he spoke, Cosmo's stance never loosened, his words were sincere but he wasn't going to give Standoff an easy opening.

Stone shook her head. Her iron body gave her strength. She used it to brutally march back onto the arena, using one hoof at a time. She slowly walked back. Soon getting on the arena. But she ran out if magic and her iron body went to normal. She then took a deep breathe "I.....am....not loosing.....no mater what....even if it kills me" she said before getting up, running and kicking whiplash to the ground. Then elbowing her in the chest. Then she slowly got up. And grabbed her by the throat and head butted whiplash so hard. Both if them drew blood.

Stone stumbled back. Feeling the blood of her wound drip down her face.

Whiplash felt the wound drip fresh blood onto her face as she reared back. "And I...never..give up!" she coughed, spitting blood onto the cement. The pegasus kicked Stone's throat with the full force of her hind legs, then jumped on top of her, stomping a hoof on her chest.

(edited)

Stone shook her head. Her iron body gave her strength. She used it to brutally march back onto the arena, using one hoof at a time. She slowly walked back. Soon getting on the arena. But she ran out if magic and her iron body went to normal. She then took a deep breathe "I.....am....not loosing.....no mater what....even if it kills me" she said before getting up, running and kicking whiplash to the ground. Then elbowing her in the chest. Then she slowly got up. And grabbed her by the throat and head butted whiplash so hard. Both if them drew blood.

Stone stumbled back. Feeling the blood of her wound drip down her face.

"Skull on Skull action!" Topaz said happily. "Everybody wins with a headbutt!"

"Your daughter has an interesting style of announcing. She really does enjoy this sort of thing. Rather odd for a young mare." Mason observed.

"I didnt pay much attention to her as a foal." Said Rail.

Edited by SecretAgentSnails

Stone went into a fight or flight mode. She bit onto one of whiplash's forelegs, and bit down hard till she could taste copper in her mouth. While bitting down. She twisted her body so her back legs wrapped around whiplashes neck and Flipped her around onto her face. Smashing whiplashes face into the ground hard.

"No I don't, and that's why I'm not sure why I wanted to kill you. Tell me, what reason do I have for killing you? Executing your opponents? Everyone in this competition knows we're encouraged to kill each other, you just did what the crowd wanted. I've never had to struggle, I've had to do dark things, so I know the world isn't sunshine and rainbows. My job isn't cushy when I'm face to face with a deranged sorceress or a tyrants personal guard, but I've always had something or somepony I can come back to and rely on. So how can I judge a pony whose life I've never expirienced, and who I know practically nothing about?" Even as he spoke, Cosmo's stance never loosened, his words were sincere but he wasn't going to give Standoff an easy opening.

"Um... Are they supposed to just be talking?" The easily confused ref asked before looking through the rule book again. "I don't see anything in here about talking... Aha! What about stalling! Wait, does this count as stalling? If so, which one gets the penalty? Is it the one who spoke first? Are they both stalling? My brain hurts!"

Choking, Whiplash bashed her front hooves onto one of Stone's legs, forcing her to realease them. She then stomped Stone's face into the dirt, releasing her teeth from her leg before stuming a few feet away. I can tell, this battle's going to end soon, she thought, surveying Stone. Whiplash flared her wings, ready for the next attack.

Stone got up, glanced at her wings, and picked up a dagger and ran at whiplash. She took the said dagger stabbing through the wing into whiplashes side. Injuring her flight capabilities. And injuring her. She then brought a knee to her chin, and and round house kick into a wall. But stone recovered sloppily. But kept her pose straight.

Although the pain made her head hurt, Whiplash grinned. "After 12 years of flight school, they sort of teach you how to fly with an injured wing," she laughed. Slowly, and EXTREMELY painfully, Whiplash shakily rose a few feet in the air. Her injured wing was barely flapping, but she would have to bear through it. She slammed into Stone and kicked her against the wall. Giving Stone know time to recover, Whiplash stabbed the dagger into her chest and ripped it through, hopefully hitting an internal organ.

Her wing painfully bled out as she ripped the dagger out.

Crimson groaned as he awoke from his unconciess state, lazily sitting up to observe his surroundings, "sigh...I won the battle but still ended up in the infirmery...smooth move captain crimson...oh well, at least my energy is back..." said crimson to himself, but stopped once he noticed Rune in the bed next to his. Crimson narrowed his eyes at Rune, "are you sleeping? Or just faking to be asleep? Which is it...mr. god..." said crimson sarcastically.

Stone felt the blade enter her chest, she screamed as it sore pain throughout her body. She fell. To the ground. Gritting her teeth. She felt anger, as well as fear. She grabbed the dagger. And threw it. Hitting whiplash in the chest. Deadcenter, then stone conjured enough magic to do this. She made a rock pillar hit whiplash in the chin, then another in the back, the last pillar sent whiplash at stone. And stone punched her in the face.

@@TheBreech"Better happy than smart, eh? Yeah. Anyway. You know why I kill my opponents? No, you don't. I'll tell you. If you leave someone you fight publicly alive when you win, their life turns into one thing. Payback. You know why I'm so dangerous? I have nothing to lose. I have no friends. Any family I've got has cut me out of the picture albums. Nobody will miss me. You, on the other hand? You seem like a nice enough guy. I bet you've got friends. I bet they wouldn't be too happy when they heard the news. You know in movies, the good guy usually wins? That's wrong. In the real world the bad guy wins, because he has nothing else. It's his life. I don't need to deal with that. I already have too much on my plate."

Whiplash gritted her teeth as she felt a bone in her back break. She refrained from screaming, refusing to let everybody hear her fear. She angrily limped to Stone, grabbing her my the mane and slamming her against the wall. Using her hindlegs, Whiplash bashed Stone's head into the concrete one, two, three times. On the third smash, she heard a crack.

Icy looked away from the two mares that refuse to let the other win. she could put up with violence, but this was brutal and just a little much for her. They didn't have any magic left and they were still going at it.

"It almost as if they lost themselves and became savages" She whispered to herself. She had thought deciding who would win would be fun, but after seeing them fight for so long and hard.She could only hope she didn't turn into a mindless killing machine.

Edited by Snowy Storm

@@TheBreech, "Better happy than smart, eh? Yeah. Anyway. You know why I kill my opponents? No, you don't. I'll tell you. If you leave someone you fight publicly alive when you win, their life turns into one thing. Payback. You know why I'm so dangerous? I have nothing to lose. I have no friends. Any family I've got has cut me out of the picture albums. Nobody will miss me. You, on the other hand? You seem like a nice enough guy. I bet you've got friends. I bet they wouldn't be too happy when they heard the news. You know in movies, the good guy usually wins? That's wrong. In the real world the bad guy wins, because he has nothing else. It's his life. I don't need to deal with that. I already have too much on my plate."

"Then why fight? If you have nothing to lose, what are you trying to gain? If you don't have anything in your life or an idea of what you want, what's the point? Now that I've asked, I feel like I understand less about you... I know you have the crowd's love. Let's continue this before the red can decide on a penalty." Cosmo propelled himself forward and swung Altair at Standoff's throat, having decided that killing him would be tolerable.

Nuclear seemed a bit disturbed at how the fight had become such a bloodbath.

"If they keep going at it like this... There isn't going to be any winner for this match..."

She pushed some of her mane from her face, watching the increasingly violent fight continue. 'This is crazy...'

Icy looked over at nuclear,

"Do you think we could end up like that?" She closed her eyes. -I want to prove myself strong this place is perfect for that- she could hear the ponies in there seats shouting for blood and who they wanted as winner. Still Icy was oddly interested in seeing who won.

Whiplash gritted her teeth as she felt a bone in her back break. She refrained from screaming, refusing to let everybody hear her fear. She angrily limped to Stone, grabbing her my the mane and slamming her against the wall. Using her hindlegs, Whiplash bashed Stone's head into the concrete one, two, three times. On the third smash, she heard a crack.

Stone heart elbowed whiplash in the stomach making her release the grip. Then she backed up. Her nose was bleeding, and her head was bleeding. Then she heard something in her head. "Come on stone.....y-you can do it..." In the back of her head. A memory of that young filly. The one she cared for. She then gritted her teeth. "NO" she then picked up her sword and ran at whiplash with all her might.

Then a silence went throughout the room. Stone shoved the sword deep into whiplashes chest. Making it come out of her back. They both just stood there. Quietly.

Edited by synangel

Sole smiled sarcastically "playing with me huh? Something you got inside you? Man... things are really getting intense now." He said "but... I won't give up. Don't underestimate me, I will win!" He said, as he released his charged energy into a giant beam of energy. But he still didn't move.

Something in Tempest cracked and the cyan pegesus roared. The cyan pegesus then glanced at Sole and smiled, blood trickling down from his mouth. "So, you must be Sole. Tempest has told me a few interesting things about you." He said, before his aura started to float into the air.

Sole grinned "and you must be the run of the mill psychopath! Nice to meet ya!" He said sarcastically, and began to fire dozens of chaos spears at him like bullets "I... will... win!!" He said, as he fired the attacks at blinding speeds, aiming for tempest. He still didn't move.

"Whatever it takes." Thunder Dash said as he got up in went into a fighting pose. Flares of electricity were darting about his body. He was ready, ready to win and dominate. He eyed Swordpoint, waiting to see if he would make the first move. He had his staff in his right hoof behind his back. 

@,

Swordpoint eyed Thunder Dash carefully. "That weapon of yours... it is no use hiding it. I suppose you have decided, which means that I have no choice." He spread his wings and was surrounded by a golden glow. It grew intensely bright, and when it dissipated, Swordpoint wore a suit of white armor with Celestia's symbol emblazoned on the chest. He was holding a lance with a light brown shaft and a razor sharp blade. The guard was shaped like Celestia's symbol, as well. "I will ask again. We may fight in non-lethal combat. Sheathe your weapon, and I shall do the same."