Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Dark Tournament II (FULL!)

Literally Snails

Tempest's teeth sharpened to points and he dodged the spears. He then glanced at Sole. "I am no psychopath. I am merely a extension of Tempest's psyche, otherwise known as a split personality.For the time being, you can call me Xena." He said, as two more tails grew out of him.

"Xena? Ha! That's a girls name! Your a total wuss!" He said trollishly, as he continued to fire beams of energy at tempest. "Come on... that's it, keep dodging." He mumbled. Tempest didn't notice that the blasts of energy were all gathering behind him and into a giant ball. Sole still didn't move from his spot.

Edited by ~chaotic sole~

@@Snowy Storm,

Nuclear shook her head, her eyes watching the movements of the two ponies. "It depends." She sighed deeply, glancing at Icy. "If I manage to win...I'll show mercy...."

She chuckled darkly. "Probably a stupid decision....but at least somepony needs to show a bit of restraint....don't you think?"

Edited by Nuclear Neur☢tic

@@TheBreech, Standoff slammed the hoof encased in the grapple-gun down on the flat of the sword with surprising force. "Tsk. Telegraphing punches? I thought you were better than that. To answer your question, this may come as a revelation to you, but I don't actually like being homeless." He snapped up the grapple and fired.

(If you were swinging for his throat, the blade would be sideways, so he could slap it down.)

(, edited to keep people from getting all pissy again)

Edited by Monsieur Buttmad

Xena simply laughed. "That only depends on your culture." He said. "I actually remember hearing about earlier, but I can't we really tell where." The pegesus then shrugged and fired a massive aura sphere at Sole, while shooting one of his tails at the chaos energy behind him.

Sole cursed as the blast came at him, but he still didn't move from his spot. Instead, he focused his power into forcing it back at him, with his energy mixed in. As the tail touched the ball, it began to implode and suck tempest into it "eat this!" He said, as the modified aura sphere collided with the energy ball, trapping tempest between the two.

(edited)

@,@@Justin ZW

"SWORDPOINT! SWORDPOINT! SWORDPOINT!" The crowd cheered.

"Unbelievable!" Said Topaz, "Last year the crowd was chanting for Swordpoints death, but now they seem to love the former champion! Talk about inconsistency."

"Okay, fighters, you may begin!" Said the ref.

@,

Rune jumped up and balanced on the tip of one hoof again, smiling like a happy child. "Not really mister god if I lost. That was such a fun fight, we should do it again some time! I hear you passed out just after I did. Pretty even match, huh?"

@@TheBreech, (is Monsiur correct? Did the fight finish?) 

Edited by SecretAgentSnails

Crimson smirked and chuckled a bit at Runes statement, "tch, fair? You mostly just copied my teqniques, bragged about how you were gonna kill me, and claiming you were god...okay, the first one is unfair but admittedly the other two are just me complaining, anyway, I may be wiling to fight you again later, just try not to kill me next time, ok?" Asked crimson as he straightened his hat.

Thunder Dash twirled his staff and prepared to fight. He eyed his opponent sharply. One thing he learned was to never be eager to rush your opponent. His inside really wanted to rush in for the first hit, but he kept it under control and held back the impulses. 

Crimson smirked and chuckled a bit at Runes statement, "tch, fair? You mostly just copied my teqniques, bragged about how you were gonna kill me, and claiming you were god...okay, the first one is unfair but admittedly the other two are just me complaining, anyway, I may be wiling to fight you again later, just try not to kill me next time, ok?" Asked crimson as he straightened his hat.

(Rune acts very different when he's not fighting, its not another personality, just a different mindset.)

"You're funny!" Rune said. "Not much fun if you don't want to play for keeps! But there is a little more fun when losers get to play again. I'll play by your rules, but only after you win. I want to beat the grand champion."

Crimson smiled in amusement, "hehehe...so now your routing for me, instead of threatening me? Interesting...but it kinda makes me curious, who taught you exactly? I mean, you didn't learn everything you know by yourself, did you? Everyone's had a master or teacher at least once...even me..." said cimson almost to himself.

• Brohoof 1

Crimson smiled in amusement, "hehehe...so now your routing for me, instead of threatening me? Interesting...but it kinda makes me curious, who taught you exactly? I mean, you didn't learn everything you know by yourself, did you? Everyone's had a master or teacher at least once...even me..." said cimson almost to himself.

"The way I copy is a gift. I could always do it. It's like a photographic memory only with magic." Rune explained, "As for my teachers... I searched all across Equestria for the best magic users with original spells, forced them to use them in a fight, then killed them. I suppose you can say they were my teachers. In fact, I think you're the only teacher I've ever had that's still alive!"

Crimson paused and raised an eyebrow at Rune, he didn't know how to react, "uhh...I guess that's one way of learning new teqniques...but its a little...dangerous...actually, I got my powers from a magic scroll made by princess celestia herself. It was stolen by a greedy dragon and she hired me to steal it back, I succeeded, but instead of giving it back to her, I used the spell on myself and gained these powers. I trained with them for many years to master them and eventually I invented the ragestar teqnique, the power to harness the energy of a supernova and not long after, I met my master, who taught me the voidstar teqnique, the power of a black hole...both are very dangerous and I'm gonna trust you to not misuse them..." said crimson warningly.

Crimson paused and raised an eyebrow at Rune, he didn't know how to react, "uhh...I guess that's one way of learning new teqniques...but its a little...dangerous...actually, I got my powers from a magic scroll made by princess celestia herself. It was stolen by a greedy dragon and she hired me to steal it back, I succeeded, but instead of giving it back to her, I used the spell on myself and gained these powers. I trained with them for many years to master them and eventually I invented the ragestar teqnique, the power to harness the energy of a supernova and not long after, I met my master, who taught me the voidstar teqnique, the power of a black hole...both are very dangerous and I'm gonna trust you to not misuse them..." said crimson warningly.

(personality shift.)

Rune's wide, childlike eyes narrowed. "It depends on your definition of misuse. I am a very evil soul, I have no illusions of that. I now posses Ragestar and Voidstar. You know them better than I, but I will soon master them. They will be perfect for killing new masters and collecting new techniques; but I do not intend to do anything with my power other than gaining more power. It's more of a casual hobby."

His eyes widened again and he continued acting like a child. "But that's not important! You've got three more fights to win!"

Crimson's eyes narrowed, "I'm not very comfortable.. with you using such powerful techniques to kill innocents...so I have a solution..." said crimson before he unsheathed helios, a small needle popped out from the pommel, acting quickly, crimson stuck the needle into Rune's neck, releasing a strange liquid into his blood. Crimson then sheathed helios and sighed, "sorry rune, but I'm not letting you put those lives on my concience...so to make sure you never use those my abilities again, I injected you with silver...my only true weakness...it takes away my powers...and in this case your powers over my powers..." said crimson calmly.

((Sorry sas, but in the words of the highlander..."there can be only one!!"))

(edited)

Crimson's eyes narrowed, "I'm not very comfortable.. with you using such powerful techniques to kill innocents...so I have a solution..." said crimson before he unsheathed helios, a small needle popped out from the pommel, acting quickly, crimson stuck the needle into Rune's neck, releasing a strange liquid into his blood. Crimson then sheathed helios and sighed, "sorry rune, but I'm not letting you put those lives on my concience...so to make sure you never use those my abilities again, I injected you with silver...my only true weakness...it takes away my powers...and in this case your powers over my powers..." said crimson calmly.

((Sorry sas, but in the words of the highlander..."there can be only one!!"))

(ignoring the fact that he could have easily avoided the needle)

Rune shuffled back and felt the wound on his neck. "You BASTARD!" He varied. "I deserved those powers! I deserved more! I still remember them! I can do any spell I remember! RAGESTAR!" He closed his eyes, but nothing happened. "VOIDSTAR!" Nothing happened. "NOOO! DAMN IT, NO! You... you stole them! Why should you have them if I can't? What makes you think you're better? I have my copying ability for a reason! I'm meant to have them!"

He started to shrink back. The fire in his eyes dissipated. "Right? That's what it means... Right?"

(ignoring the fact that he could have easily avoided the needle)

Rune shuffled back and felt the wound on his neck. "You BASTARD!" He varied. "I deserved those powers! I deserved more! I still remember them! I can do any spell I remember! RAGESTAR!" He closed his eyes, but nothing happened. "VOIDSTAR!" Nothing happened. "NOOO! DAMN IT, NO! You... you stole them! Why should you have them if I can't? What makes you think you're better? I have my copying ability for a reason! I'm meant to have them!"

He started to shrink back. The fire in his eyes dissipated. "Right? That's what it means... Right?"

Crimson frowned sadly at rune and sighed, "I'm sorry rune...but if your telling the truth and you only use the powers you gain to kill innocents and take more power...then you simply aren't ready for such a destructive ability...my master once told me, those who have power, have them for a reason, a destiny which is far beyond personal gain...so until you an understand that...your cursed to never use those powers again..." said crimson quitely.

@@TheBreech, Standoff slammed the hoof encased in the grapple-gun down on the flat of the sword with surprising force. "Tsk. Telegraphing punches? I thought you were better than that. To answer your question, this may come as a revelation to you, but I don't actually like being homeless." He snapped up the grapple and fired.

(If you were swinging for his throat, the blade would be sideways, so he could slap it down.)

(, edited to keep people from getting all pissy again)

(Yeah, Cosmo wasn't just gonna stand still and get shot... Also, true but you would've still been hit somewhere.) Altair left a crimson strip across Standoff's chest as he raised his weapon. A pair of telekinetic thrusts pushed Cosmo and the grapple out if each other's path. He slashed at Standoff's side before he could retract the grapple. "Wow, my concept of life itself has been completely shattered smartass. Also, what do you mean better than telekinetic punches? What's wrong with learning some ranged combat techniques Mr grappling hook and grenade launchers? It's just another way I overcome my physical weakness as a Unicorn. Earth ponies are tough as rocks, pegasi can fly and use their own variations of magic, and Unicorns get fragility and magic. Or am I completely missing your issue?"

(edited)

Crimson frowned sadly at rune and sighed, "I'm sorry rune...but if your telling the truth and you only use the powers you gain to kill innocents and take more power...then you simply aren't ready for such a destructive ability...my master once told me, those who have power, have them for a reason, a destiny which is far beyond personal gain...so until you an understand that...your cursed to never use those powers again..." said crimson quitely.

(He should still be able to use his other abilities. Silver has nothing to do with his copy cat power, only ragestar and voidstar. Silver is your weakness, not his.)

Rune held out a his right hoof and a steel sickle blade formed out of his foreleg that extended far enough to touch Crimson on the nose (The sickle blade power that Roto used in the last tournament, also stolen). "Your curse is little more than a setback! I will become the most powerful spell caster in Equestria without your powers. They were not... that impressive. I don't need them. I have decided that you are now my competition. My next goal is to defeat you. Now go win the damn tournament!"

@, As Rune left the room, Rail walked past him. He had a drink hovering in front of him, and he set it down on a coffee table. "Captain Crimson Grinn." He addressed calmly. "Surprised to see me again? I know I'm surprised to see you. I never expected you to re-attend." He sat down.

Crimson sighed, "at this rate you'll never use my powers again, but its your choice if you choose to do the same things you always do, then I can't stop you...and don't worry, I will..." said crimson before as he left. Crimson glared at rail, "I almost didn't come, but I just can't refuse a good challenge...what exactly do you want...money grubber..." said crimson.

Crimson sighed, "at this rate you'll never use my powers again, but its your choice if you choose to do the same things you always do, then I can't stop you...and don't worry, I will..." said crimson before as he left. Crimson glared at rail, "I almost didn't come, but I just can't refuse a good challenge...what exactly do you want...money grubber..." said crimson.

"You miss the point." Rail said through half closed eyes. "It has never been about money. The thrill of gambling is about risking it all, Gaining money is simply a consequence of victory. This tournament is my way of proving a slightly different point, however. Would you like a cigarette?"

"You miss the point." Rail said through half closed eyes. "It has never been about money. The thrill of gambling is about risking it all, Gaining money is simply a consequence of victory. This tournament is my way of proving a slightly different point, however. Would you like a cigarette?"

Crimson's eyes narrowed, "and what point would that be? Your not planning anything devious again...are you? And no...smoking would make me look a bit stupid, seeing as I'm a fire elemental, I breath smoke without any trouble anyway, so it would be pointless..." said crimson with a scoff.

(@@TheBreech, this is getting stupid. Anyone else have an idea about how this is going to end? Because Cosmo doesn't seem to have an exertion topout, he can dodge anything I throw at him faster than I can throw it at him, and I don't think diplomacy will get me anywhere.)

Standoff stepped backwards and looked at Cosmo. "Fine. If hoof-to hoof is how we're going to do it, hoof-to-hoof's what's happening." He grappled to the ground about a foot in front of him and released it, but didn't retract. He now had a steel rope with a sharp metal disc on the end. "Get over here, I'll clobber you."

Crimson's eyes narrowed, "and what point would that be? Your not planning anything devious again...are you? And no...smoking would make me look a bit stupid, seeing as I'm a fire elemental, I breath smoke without any trouble anyway, so it would be pointless..." said crimson with a scoff.

Rail chuckled. He lit a cigarette for himself and began to explain. "The point is simple. We should not exist. No other organism behaves in this way. Even Demons do not kill without reason, simply to entertain a crowd. Our kind will eat and destroy until nothing is left but piss! I intend to clean that wound. There is a land beyond our dimension called the Fade. Our minds go there when we dream. It is the place where weaker demons can contact ponies to possess them. In the past, it has been possible and relatively easy to make a portal to this land. But the Fade is simply a gateway. A world between worlds. Beyond the Fade is my goal, a land of demons far too powerful to slip into the Fade! Most Ponies like me want to control the world with money, but I find that far too boring. I want to control it with monsters. Creating a portal to that world requires an impossible amount of money. It costs nearly two million bitts to create a portal the size of a foals hoof that lasts for ten seconds! I want something different. A permanent portal that allows demons to pass through as they please! I find the world would be much better that way. However, I don't have enough money to do that, I'll have to keep gambling. This is the ultimate high stakes game. This year's Dark Tournament decides so much about the future. More will be revealed in time. For now, we should just enjoy the games."

(Shit just got real)

Xena was blown back from the ensuing explosion and hit the side of the arena. The impact had created a small crater and Xena landed on the ground. The aura beast smirked and glanced at Sole. "It appears I have underestimated you. Nopony has ever been able to damage my body this much." He said, as his wounds healed. "It doesn't matter, though. I will soon have enough power to go into my full form, and then your friend will have his wish." Small aura spheres then floated off Xena and compressed into a large sphere. The cyan pegesus then did the unthinkable, and ate it whole.

Edited by Missingno