Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP banned from Polish school for promoting occultism & satanism... WTF?! o_O

SasQ

See, I dont know what bothers me more; How stupid this school district and some people can be, or the fact that people will take this as reason to bash anything religious whatsoever. 

But still, the fact that crap like this happens is the funniest thing ever XD

Both are as bad as each other in the end TBH.

This is what people complaining can do! It's similar to the Derpy gate, a few people complained and everyone suffers!

Edited by Sundew
  • Brohoof 1

Unfortunately, that loud minority is becoming a problem because fewer and fewer of us non-crazies that have faith are willing to publicity practice religion or be involved due to not wanting association with the bigots and dangerous fundamentalists.

And thus is why religion is beginning to find itself falling and is in desperate attempt to draw in the newer generations. To the point they still claim they're on the up and up with population.

Oddly enough, most responding to the polls only say they believe in this or that, and identify as one religion or another. Many claim they even attend.... Hard to believe that given I've seen more churches lately than businesses go under.

I've begun to lose count of church buildings and such I've seen being sold.

one up the street from me is now a trailer park and apartment home. Another not far off is abandoned, and several dozen I've seen up for sale :(

When a place that doesn't even have to pay taxes goes under, somethings not good with the business they run.

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

And thus is why religion is beginning to find itself falling and is in desperate attempt to draw in the newer generations. To the point they still claim they're on the up and up with population.

Oddly enough, most responding to the polls only say they believe in this or that, and identify as one religion or another. Many claim they even attend.... Hard to believe that given I've seen more churches lately than businesses go under.

one up the street from me is now a trailer park and apartment home. Another not far off is abandoned, and several dozen I've seen up for sale :(

When a place that doesn't even have to pay taxes goes under, somethings not good with the business they run.

Sadly, what you are saying is true.

On the Catholic side of things, I cannot tell you how many parishes have closed and/or merged in the Archdiocese of Detroit alone. Church is becoming seemingly more "optional" among religious people and those people do not give money to support the work that people try to do to keep their churches going.

People follow all sorts of things in ignorance, religious or not. There are all sorts of problems that lead up to churches closing... bottom line is that it all goes down to people being convinced that they don't have to attend. It is a lot of the progressive and "safe" churches that end up closing or merging. The ones that actually believe in being zealous for God - not zealous for stupidity like the people in the article - that end up thriving.

• Brohoof 1

The problem is hate. Many of them have become corrupt and venomous with a desire to do nothing but spread judgement and condemnation. They pick and choose what to preach, telling everyone how we're all damned sinners. They gloss over the fact that God is all forgiving, that humanity's vindication is written in the blood of Christ because he forgave us on the cross. They choose to ignore that the bible says to forgive and love whenever we can.

I believe God does have some wrath, but it's for those that would preach hate in his name, and willingly shed innocent blood and bring harm to others just because of their petty hate.   

On the Catholic side of things, I cannot tell you how many parishes have closed and/or merged in the Archdiocese of Detroit alone. Church is becoming seemingly more "optional" among religious people and those people do not give money to support the work that people try to do to keep their churches going.

People follow all sorts of things in ignorance, religious or not. There are all sorts of problems that lead up to churches closing... bottom line is that it all goes down to people being convinced that they don't have to attend. It is a lot of the progressive and "safe" churches that end up closing or merging. The ones that actually believe in being zealous for God - not zealous for stupidity like the people in the article - that end up thriving.

I don't know if I should open that can of worms or not. I'm of the creed that faith is personal and that's what's important. I also think we need more progressive groups.

Fred Rogers was a pastor and belonged to a branch that didn't believe in judging people for petty reasons and welcomed everyone. He even pissed of the WBC because he wouldn't condemn LGBT groups and even responded to one protest by telling the ones being harassed that God loved them just the way they are. Beyond that he spent his life teaching people to be proud of who they are and helped raise several generations by teaching lessons about loving one another.  

That's the kind of people we need preaching.  

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

It is a lot of the progressive and "safe" churches that end up closing or merging. The ones that actually believe in being zealous for God - not zealous for stupidity like the people in the article - that end up thriving.

I wish it weren't true. I may not be religious, but I also don't think it very right to see this mass downfall all of a sudden.

Sadly Many of the Zealous for the things in the article are also more likely to thrive for some reason.

They're also the ones that get paid advertising and such, put themselves on the radio, internet, and some even TV. :/ (Many of the true followers are doing at least the TV/net/Radio, but they generally don't include advertisers, and are on public access and AM channels)

Worse is they make their way into the legitimate places, and the degradation begins.

I've mentioned it before, that my mother attended what seemed to be the proper average zealous for god church... Then one day the pastor began going on about the evils of Harry potter and how it teaches and promoted witchcraft. My mother was/is a HUGE potter fan, so this was hard for her to hear.

At the end he mistakenly called J.K. Rowling "he"... My mother lept from her seat in the back and tore into him for not knowing a THING about what he was slandering. In the end he admitted he'd only read it from some online posting not to dissimilar from that which the OP refers. 

And in similar He took that zealots hatred and began to preach it himself without even looking into the context or content of what was being spoken.

Up until this point my family was okay with this church, and my mother had attended it frequently, and taken part in many of its activities. But mindless hatred spread without reason nor reasonable backing.. that struck a fast nerve.

Mostly I ask though, how would any child, or most adults, even KNOW of these supposed connections of MLP and Hello Kitty to the occult if they weren't TOLD of them?

How does something you DON'T KNOW, and IS NOT STATED OR IMPLIED, going to bring harm in these instances?

I could understand if they presented the temptation to stray, but they show no such intent, or even regard the possibility tmk.

The whole HK one sounds like a complete joke, a bad rumor or joke someone started and got taken literally. As is the case with 99.9% of such claims of demon worship in pop culture

@Shoboni

Put that up as I was thinking, considering and typing :P

Fully agree, and tbh thats how I feel about it too.

God has wrath, and those that deserve it will get what they deserve. But thats for him to decide, not us.

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

The danger expressed in this article is real. I remember the first time I watched Hello Kitty with my little cousin. The next thing I knew, Joe Biden was the Vice President and everyone in my house was dead. Scary stuff.

I made the mistake of posting a similar topic about an article of the "Five reasons why my little pony is EVIL." Though it offered some laughs, I now feel like it would have been better just to ignore the article all together.

Here we go with the mlp is satanic bull again. Are they that against the show that they aren't allowing their kids to even show interest in it. Also, are kids having school supplies with certain cartoon characters in school really the worse thing in the school system. Isn't there bigger issues in school like bullying or something. Gosh people can be stupid.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a Christian but I'm not super paranoid of the occult. In fact a lot if beliefs some of my kind consider "pagan" do have merit that I respect. (Wiccans do believe in love and compassion and I would only hate a religion if it promoted Nihilism)

That being said, MLP has nothing to do with God, the Devil or any faith practiced on our planet.

These folks need to take cartoons not so damn serious.

• 2 weeks later...

It's the fact that magic is related to satanism, which I believe to be completely untrue. People in the middle ages were considered evil or demons if they practiced magic. I believe there are 2 different types and sometimes the line between those gets misty, that's where people come up with these crazy ideas.

Saudi Arabia banned Pokemon for the same reasons, now the "Occultism and satanism" reason has smitten a Polish school, hypocritical since faith can be quite occult and fights satanism in the worse ways. MLP is more faithful than the perversion of the classical faiths, as there are positive messages of equality, love and tolerance, that have be long lost to the established religions in this convoluted world of ours, however banning something that unites people rather than dividing, can and will fail, for nothing has ever successful repressed the free will of independent spirits, in this world or the next.  

Edited by Emperor Peter

So what? let the kids be satanic(All hail lord Satan!) if they want! Like, that doesn't really even make sense. even if the school's in Poland is very religious(have to ask my friend that sometime, she probably knows) that just feels wrong. It's like banning every cartoon in the history of ever containing magic!

oh brother...

If my little pony promotes satanism, than the world should all be in hell right now...

Edited by DARlNG DO