Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever have your 'brony speak' slip out?

FNGRpony

I bought the Vinyl POP Dashie figure when I was in the Capital, and I showed it to almost everyone. One guy, which I think is 2 classes above me, came up to me and said "Oh hey that's Rainbow Dash! Are you a brony?" - "YES!" I said.

"High five!" he said"
"No, BROHOOF *brohoofs* " I said
"Oh right! *brohoof* "

I started calling people mean old meani pants for a while, and it actually allowed me to find a few people in the class who got the reference !

I also started saying loopty hoop for a while :)

But I have not watched the show in a while so now really been picking up the lingo as much :x might have to try and get back into it :P

My god... Picture this. Me, Standing in my valiant Air Force uniform I am so proud to wear. It bears my two corporal stripes as I stare out at my Squadron. Eyes just above head height. Chest out - Be proud of what you represent.

Someone is talking.

I tense my chest, ready to scream my anger at the person speaking out of term on a parade square.

"Every pony, SHUT THE BUCK UP"

Yes. That was an interesting night.

No wai. I don't think it ever will. As much as I talk about it on the webs and such, I do have a pretty active life outside of it, and I've always had good speaking skills.

If I ever do though, I'll be very disappointed in meself.

I don't keep the fact that I'm a brony secret at all so I wouldn't call it a "slip up" for me. Having said that, I don't use the pony language very much anyway, especially around non-bronies. I also only use "buck" on this forum because there are some pretty young chaps here and I'd hate to hear their fragile innocence snap wink.png

Edited by Taviscratch

If someone said "buck no", I'd be unsure if they're doing brony-speak, or if they're just using it as a euphemism. I occasionally try to let it slip to see if there are any bronies I'm talking to (20% cooler, eeeyup,....that's pretty much most of what I say). Anyone who doesn't get it clearly isn't a brony. Hopefully an anti-brony won't catch that I'm a brony, since then it'll give them a chance to call me a clopper as usual.

Yes, once it slipped out in a business meeting and I started dancing on a table like Twilight in Magical Mystery Cure.

I can't be sure, because that would require there to be people who talk to me.

I assume it might slip out on occasion, , who knows, I guess it depends how tired I am while talking.

I sometimes subtly say things like "what the buck" or "everypony," but don't usually use brony-speak when not around my brony friends.

Also, I can't imagine how people's friends/siblings react to being called, "sugarcube." It just sounds like it wouldn't go over well.

I have made reference to characters in the show, knowing that no one would understand them. It's more of an inside joke with myself. I know that they're not going to understand, and they won't care enough to ask.

I go to a small school, and there's only 2 bronies in it, me included; and we don't even sit at the same lunch table or anything. So, my friends I do sit with aren't bronies, but they all know I am. Anyway, I'll occassionally slip up and say "everypony" or one of the less obscure ones like that, and they'll just look at me like I'm an idiot for a second, and then we'll pick up right where we left off.

That's pretty much it.

• 11 months later...

I don't first of all, my native language lack of such language, second, I don't see the point of it. Hell, I rarely use it even in this forum, so, I don't expect to slip out anytime soon

Sometimes it takes a conscious effort. Back in Feb. I almost said Hearts & Hooves day instead of Valentines day. I'm pretty sure I almost said hooves instead of hands> But other times I do it intentionally, like referring to my hair as my mane, saying what the buck instead of (take a guess), or saying how I was nervoucited. 

I did that at my job interview, If you are wondering how it was like this; "Everypony I know said this was a good place to work." And he was like "everypony?" and I was like "uhhhhhhhhhhh"

• 4 weeks later...

I've said

"What the hay?!"

"Everypony"

"Sompony"

"Nopony"

"Anypony"

"Ponyfeathers!"

"Horseapples!"

"Your faithful student"

around people who aren't bronies just to mess with them (in a fun and clean way)

Hell yeah! Own it!

I was actually at Bronycon and when watching the auction, someone asked me how much was the last bet. My response?

"Fifty bits."  -_-  . . . . .  :blink: ! "I . . . did not intend to say that."

We had a good laugh.

I can't tell you how many times I've caught myself before saying "anypony". One day I'm gonna say that in front some of my non-pony friends and their just gonna look at me like "wtf bro, stop with all the pony geez".

I actually reference the show on purpose because i cannot be bothered to tell someone that i'm a brony, so i let them figure it out. Also, it adds to my confusing personality if you've got no clue as to what i am saying. I like being confusing.

no but my fake accents tend to do so a lot mostly my Russian and Scottish ones, I didn't know I was speaking in my Russian accent once and someone asked me if I'm from the middle east

How the f__k does a Russian accent sound Middle-eastern? There is No such thing as a 'Russian' accent in the same way there is no such thing as a 'British' accent anyway. For example someone from Wolverhampton does not sound like someone from Hereford (I know this because i have family from both places), and those places are 2 to 3 hours apart.

or saying how I was nervoucited. 

People are trying to get that put in the dictionary.

Edited by BritishBrony 13
  • Brohoof 1