Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever have your 'brony speak' slip out?

FNGRpony

a few times, I've said "anypony" or "everypony"...not on purpose either. I've sometimes said "Celestia" instead of "god". But it usually doesn't happen, but if I'm around bronies, then maybe yea, I'llsay pony variants of words. But I've never bee not a brony meet up, so.

No, not even to my friends. I sound like a normal 20-year-old from Boston (with a nasal voice.) I mostly talk about video games anyway, even with people I barely know *coughcoughsteamcoughcough*, those are really my forté.

I haven't slipped anything out because I don't have anything to slip out. I did however, have a reflexive slipout. A shampoo bottle fell and I tried to catch it with my mouth. Side-effect of pony hypnosis?

I once almost blurted out "everypony", but I managed to pass it off as a case of tongue-twistedness. Other than that, I can normally keep a tight lid on my brony terminology as I don't use any when speaking; when you don't typically interact with real-life bronies, MLP references aren't exactly on the tip of your tongue at all times, y'know?

Hello! I've found myself often forgetting that the word "mare" is used for equine creatures only. That is about the jist of the post really. I always seem to use that instead. Soooooo.... I'll just finish this post by posting a picture of Carrot Top :2808.jpgThe song beyond her tomb really is where the word "mare" really stood out to me.

I've found myself thinking that it is just a word for adult females. :-) It's just a strange little thing that I have noticed in my day to day life.

o.o I suppose that it falls under this now :-) Oh well. I find myself using mare instead of woman now. It's just a force of habit I guess.

, just letting you know that I've merged your thread with one asking whether you've ever accidentally used language related to ponies in your everyday life, since your thread seemed to be sharing the fact that you do.

I'm very glad that my brony speak never slipped out. I know the difference between the pony world and the real world thankfully. Even if I did let my brony speech out, the worst that would happen is just a confused look and a "what?" in reply. I can just dismiss the question and just move on to a different topic calmly. So I guess brony speak slip ups aren't really that bad eh?

I don't think I have ever, not on accident, at least.

I do say some brony related words (Somepony, Anypony, etc..) on purpose just to mess with my friends (who could care less anymore) from time to time. I'm usually quite careful and think about what I say before I actually say it. 

Never, I have pretty good self-regulation. I tend to say nope a lot, in the "reference" kind of way, although I've always done that so it doesn't mean much.

Edited by --Eve--

>Implying I "brony speak" in the first place.

No. Nothing's ever slipped out of my mouth, but that's only because I don't use the brony lingo in everyday conversations. It sounds really quite stupid in real life.

• Brohoof 2

Happens rarely to me really...but the last couple I did, I was visiting my parents, and I let slip the phrase "on the other hoof"

And another time, I was talking about medieval times in a random discussion, and I accidentally said "Canterlot" instead of "Camelot"

Other than that though, I don't really slip it to "non bronies" much...I generally watch my tongue very carefully...

I've used "What the hay," "Buck yeah," "Buck no," and stuff of similar connotation before. I'm trying to reduce on my swearing - my parents don't appreciate that in front of my brothers - so I've been yelling stuff like that while playing Call of Duty instead. It's working... ish. 

I've also been known to call friends "Sugarcube" and say stuff like "Praise Celestia!" or "Thank Celestia". I use "20% Cooler", "The fun has been doubled", "10 seconds flat", "Eeyup" and "Okey dokey lokey", and variants of "And that's how Equestria was made" and "Love and tolerate the shit out of you" as well.

I mean, while I use brony lingo like that, it's not that often. I don't go overboard with it. I jsut say that stuff on occasion, when it's in context.

Edited by Dez