Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Universal Kindness Thread

jackleapp81

I was thinking the other day:

What if people shared words of kindness more frequently? What if they showed displays of genuine compassion on a regular basis? The fact of the matter is, we need more of this.

Many of us, including myself, browse these forums daily, and more often than not, we end up seeing at least one person express discontent over something or other. Family issues, school troubles, sick days, bad hair days, issues with depression, anxiety, and the like. But how often do we sit down and actually type out  few words of encouragement to help them out?

Well, the answer to that is:

Sometimes we do, and sometimes we don't. 

The intention of this thread is not to guilt-trip anyone into being kind, though. It is to encourage random acts of kindness, whether it be on this website, throughout the fandom, or even in your real daily lives. We've all heard the expressions "love and tolerate" and "friendship is magic" thrown around very often, but it's very important that we never forget to uphold these values within ourselves. 

So here is my humble request: 

Take some time out of your day to send a nice message to someone else. It doesn't have to be long, and you don't even have to know the person you send it to personally (although it helps). Even if it doesn't look like a person is struggling, they might be! You never know unless you ask, or inquire about their lives. Some people aren't as vocal about their problems.

Feel free also to comment in this thread as well. Share your words of encouragement with the world! You never know who might need them.

And remember: Keep calm, and brony on!

Edit: Also, if anyone comes to this thread seeking help or advice in any area of their lives, feel free to message me as well. I'm no Dr. Phil, but I'm a good listener, and a pretty good friend.

Edited by jackleapp81
  • Brohoof 7

Here are some positive thinking quotes for you lovely people.

"He who has begun the work has the work half done."

"Sincerity gives wings to strength."

"All that's needed to succeed is either to find a way or make one."

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 1

I think this is a fantastic idea. I saw your post earlier, and thought it was really great. I also got to talk to someone who I normally wouldn't have. Spread with brony love, because after all, this community is supposed to be about love and tolerance!

• Brohoof 1

well, i don't have any inspirational quotes to share with you guys, but i guess i just want to thank you guys for being here and making this forum the awesome place that it is. keep on being awesome people!

whosAwesome_fs_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Also, if anyone who is reading this thread is feeling depressed or anxious or generally feeling like they have no hope, feel free to contact me. I have been through a lot and I've done many things I regret. I've been miserable. I am still kind of that way. The one thing I care about though is helping other people who feel this way. Hopefully, I can share the things I learn and help someone. Please feel free to shoot me a pm or something.

• 3 weeks later...

I find it very sad that only seven replies have been made to the Universal Kindness thread. I can't say I'm surprised though. I really wish you people would prove me wrong about people every once in awhile.

Well, hell, just haven't seen it, dude :P

Anyways, yeahh, I love making new friends! Anyone need a friend, just go add me! :D

I wish more people on this site were kind dry.png

This topic needs to spread like a virus. Someone might learn something :D

• Brohoof 1

There are a lot of people suffering in silence and for a while I was one of them, I see threads pop up all the time with people saying feeling like they are lost and don't know where to turn and some that are even so desperate as to consider suicide. The unfortunate truth is there seems to be a stigma against discussing these things in society, alot of people bury these emotions until they explode and though I know better I for the last year have been making the same mistake. I urge anyone going through depression to not bottle these feelings up, I know from personal experience that this will destroy you.

I like to think I'm pretty nice to people that deserve it.  I guess that sounds kind of mean, but I'd rather spend my time helping people who actually want my help than wasting time on people who won't accept it when I could be spending that time on someone else.

"Treat others the way you want to be treated"

"Kindness... pass it on"

"How does one change the world? One act of random kindness at a time"

I don't care if its sharing or giving some form of kindness to a person, stranger or animal, I believe in what is stated here, the world shines a little bit more with every act of kindness.

'' Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you. '' - Princess Diana

.. And by the way, similar to what Troblems said, great idea! 

Edited by SweetieBelle456

I'm not exactly the best with words or even showing my own emotions but my friend was feeling rather down for the past few days and all it takes is a talk with me to brighten her day up. It usually results in a ridiculous amount of laughter but I suppose it could count for something. Actions speak louder than words, of course. But, also, if anyone is feeling down, I would be more than welcomed to offer anyone to PM me, no matter if we had a bad experience or a good experience together. I'll listen, no matter what.

I find it very sad that only seven replies have been made to the Universal Kindness thread. I can't say I'm surprised though. I really wish you people would prove me wrong about people every once in awhile.

Like @ghostfacekiller39 said, not many people have seen this thread at all, so you can't really blame anybody for the thread's lack of popularity. Even people who have briefly caught a glimpse of this thread from the front page aren't to blame, because they have a right to not be interested in it.

You might think that people not being interested in something as pure and selfless as kindness would be some sort of terrifying reflection of the human race as a whole, but it's not. Sometimes kindness just isn't people's main prerogative. The general worries of their daily lives provide more than enough distractions for them to focus on. But there's no use in guilt-tripping people about it. Kindness should come from a place of authenticity, and genuine love, deep within the soul. 

Edited by jackleapp81

Yes, guys feed me your positive energy. With your powers combined, I am Captain Planet! I will overcome this slump and this test!

@@jackleapp81

Honestly, I came in here thinking "What do you do in an 'Universal kindness' thread?". I'm still not too sure what to do, but here goes nothing... *Ahem*

Let's be honest here, sometimes life kinda sucks, but most of the time it's pretty good. You just got to take in a moment to really look at the little things that are going on around you. So no matter how many tiems life seems to come crashing down around you, just pick up the pieces and move forward. There are good times ahead, you just have to be willing to make through the hardship.

...This feels more like it's for me than anyone else img-2013593-1-derpy_emoticon1.png

and super cheesy, just like my terrible joke.

Edited by Mutemutt

If kindness is not coming right from one's heart, it is better not to say anything at all in my opinion. I would probably hate it if people came up to me and told me nice things when in fact they could be having bad thoughts about me, I notice it in groups at times that people are being nice when you're around but talking bad about you behind your back. That's what I dislike most. If you want to show kindness, do it sincerely.

• Brohoof 1

I may not know who most of you are, and we may not be close or friends, but if its one thing I've learned about our society, it can always make someones day to say something nice to them. Even saying something as Good Morning to You, could make someones day.

So these words come from my heart, a penny of the day kidness for here for some of you who are feeling blue:

I think you guys are awsome, and are cool for taking the time to post your thoughts here. May you have a great morning, afternoon or evening where ever you may be. smile.png

Spread it around ponies!

• Brohoof 3