Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Dog Tags

Capt. Snuggle Gruff

So I ended up buying a couple packs of the dog tags and I crossed my fingers hoping I would get Applejack or another main character that I like. I figured that with my luck I would end up with a character I couldn't care any less about, and sure enough I ended up with Hoity Toity in one pack. >_> The other pack that I purchased had Spike, and I was actually rather happy about that because I do quite like Spike.  Still, I am probably not buying anymore of the standard packs because $3.00 for such a cheap tag is not worth it, even if it comes with a sticker and tattoo.

However, I did cave in and buy one of the special two-packs which had a large metallic Twilight and a mini-Applejack tag. I spent $8.00 just so I could get that mini-Applejack tag. No regrets. :P

Edited by Sugar Cube

These tags are great!...me and the wife have a few, but I MUST WARN YOU...

for those removing the necklace part and using them on a set of keys...me and my wife did this, BEWARE OF THE LITTLE RING OF METAL THAT CONNECTS THE NECKLACE TO THE TAG...it's not strong/sturdy, and you will find yourself losing the tags because of it...so make sure to keep good care of them, or remove the metal ring, and just put it through the hole in the top of the actual tag.

heh I've a butt load of'em already, and love the one sticker I got that says "We're Here" with a dark half face image of Twilight :P I want a poster of that NOW!!

Got all but Rarity for the Mane 6, Luna, NMM, FiM, Discord, Alicorn amulet, Lyra/Bon bon, Cadence/Shining, metallic pinkie, Metallic Twilight, Spitfire/Soarin, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders :)

Also have a metal Rainbow Dash I rarely take off :)

Love these things tbh, and the stickers are nice, but they suck being a general sticker material.. I'd love them on Vinyl decals or window cling thingies (especially the RD "Objects in the mirror" one!)

Best part is, very few doubles :P had like 3 pinkies, and 2 Amulets at one time though. But gave'em away.

Hell, my little nephew watched a couple episodes of MLP with me the other day, and liked AJ, so I gave him some AJ temp tats.. yeah, he had my father put one on his arm :P

(He says they wear pants, and that their tails are their pants... lol. )

Hilarious since its my brother is the only person that gives me crap about the ponies :)

Though I'm surprised.. the temp tattoos are tough these days.. they used to rub off at the slightest touch, this thing was on him 3 days later!...

Also.. Why are there Temp tats of Vinyl Scratch and Octavia, but no tags?!?!!

GAH!

Anywho.. I want derpy.. Got her sticker and its hilarious. Its her on the little storm cloud after it went off and she's all burned up :)

Cute as hell.

I found some at hot topic today. I got Derpy and the Wonderbolts. I wish I got Luna instead of the wonderbolts, I guess that means I'll have to buy more...

Just FYI, DO NOT BUY THEM AT HOT TOPIC! If at all possible!

HT has them marked up to $5 bucks a pack, they should only be abt $3 USD a pack.. 

Only time its worth it is if they have a buy 1 get 1 free deal that day and you don't see anything else you'd want..

Edited by GrimCW

For some reason, no other store in my area carries them. Walmart, target, even the closest HT to me didn't have them. I just happened to be near another HT and luckily found them. Getting them on the interbutts isn't any cheaper after shipping so I went ahead and got them.

@, Ouch.. that bites...

Give it time then, Wal Mart has'em but some stores have them hidden (In my nearest one they're by the 10 items or less checkout instead of with the other cards)

and Target only just recently started getting them in my area.

Not sure what other stores might begin supplying them tbh, but HT is a total rip off...

Just started buying these about a week ago and dang are they addicting  :blink:

I've been wearing my Nightmare Moon/Princess Molly tags everyday now. My friend and I have been collecting and trading them, but she has a metallic Luna tag that she's been taunting me with  :blush: Not really  :lol:

I"m only missing like 5 or six now 2 from the normal ones and 3-4 of the metallic ones . I"m still hoping my store will get more of the deluxe 2 packs since I really want a metal Luna one and a metal fluttershy one.

I arranged them based on the check list in the pack

post-11698-0-97020900-1387210947_thumb.jpg

I have all the the stickers and tattoos as well

post-11698-0-25337400-1387210989_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Though they aren't really mlp tags i have a blank pair of normal military tags,i will get a normal id engraved on one of them. But the other tag will probably have something Mlp-ish, but i don't know what. So i was wondering if anyone had an idea of what i should get on it?

(sorry for being a bit of topic about it, couldn't find a more fitting topic, and i didn't want to make a new one just for this question)

I think the dog tags are cute, a tad pricey, but so is almost all MLP merch. I got a nightmare moon tag for Christmas and my bf got a derpy one. Definitely going to wear it to school tomorrow

I planned on purchasing and giving away until I landed a Rarity dog tag, but, lucky me, I landed a metallic Rarity one on my first try. I wear it 24/7, around my neck.

So...I probably saved a lot of money. img-2032173-1-biggrin.png

If you want I can give you a normal Rarity Dog tag for free. :D

• Brohoof 1

My opinion on the dog tags are that they are little bit too pricey but other than that they are pretty good!

The ones I own are:

-Metallic Applejack dog tag

-Regular Friendship is Magic dog tag

And finally 

-A little Applejack Decal (If they are called that)

Sadly I don't have pictures of them

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh I love these, I wear one almost all the time! Heck I didn't even know our Walmart had them until my younger brother got me one for Christmas. :D

Currently, I have three of the metallic deluxe dog tags; Rarity, Twilight, and Pinkie Pie. ^_^

I love them, I hang the in my rear view mirror in my car.   I've bought two of them and got Princess Luna and Trixie.  :yay:

The only problem is I've never met another brony in real life, so if I kept buying them I'd end up with a lot of doubles and nothing to do with them. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've had pretty good luck with find dog tags. I only have a couple duplicates and I'm only missing a few of the regular ones. Of course I only bought them for two tags: Princess Luna and metallic Princess Luna. Now that I have both (and spent who knows how much money), I just need to find a Deluxe Luna set and I'll be in bidness!

What's this? No Mane-iac one?! Well that really frazzles my mane.

Seriously though, willing to buy extras off those who would sell. Interested in these: Trixie, Alicorn Amulet, AJ, Rarity, Celestia, Luna. Let me know!

Also, it's official. Lyra and Bon Bon share one tag, so shipped.

• 2 weeks later...