Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would your reaction be if your 'best pony' got a new voice actress/actor?

Never2muchpinkie

If your 'best pony' or really any pony getting a new VA  

34 users have voted

1. 1. What would your reaction be?

• RUINED FOREVER!!!!!!!
    • Wait and see if they can pull it off.
    • Don't care either way.
  2. 2. If a VA changed, would you want the new VA to be an impersonater, or find a unique voice

• Try and be as close as possible to the original VA
    • Original VA CAN'T be replaced. Try to find their own style.
    • Don't care either way.

While there's no guarantee that any changed in voice actors/actresses are coming in the near future, it's always a possibility, whether it be for medical reasons, death, a contract dispute, or whatever else. Compounding the issue further is that 4 of the mane 6 are voiced by two VA's, so they would need two replacements for Pinkie/Flutters, or AJ/RD.

So my polls are about what you think your reaction would be, and what direction you'd want the new VA to take, Would you like them to try to be a carbon copy impersonator of the character, or distance themselves from the previous voice with a style that still fits.

Me personally, I don't know how I'd feel. All the voices for all the important characters are perfect. The CMC, the Mane 6, Celestia, and Luna, Cadence, Shining armor. I think every one of them is awesome, and it would probably be very offsetting to start watching seasons 4 and beyond and suddenly hearing a new voice come out of their mouths. That being said, though, I'd give them a chance.  But I don't think anyone else could capture the magic of the original VA's, but  I'm undecided on whether I'd want a copied voice or a new sounding voice.

So what do you all think?

Edited by Never2muchpinkie

Well, my 2 "best ponies" are RD and AJ, so I would be interested to see if they got 2 seperate ones or someone else that can do both. I would like them to stay as true to the original voice as possible. I wouldn't like the idea, but i'd at least give them a chance before casting judgements.

• Brohoof 1

well seeing as how pinkie and flutter shys voice is the same person (bucked ain't it?)
that would have me deeply worried.

I mean if they had to swap out luna or celestial,

they don't get that much air time, so i don't feel that would be a deal breaker.

Since the first time I saw the show and as the episodes progressed. Pinkie pie as a character to me grew a lot on me until she became my favorite about after the first season. She's had the same voice actor and voice since the beginning and its grown on me too. I'd think any person's favorite character of the show, if they changed their voice they'd be mad. I know I would still accept the original voice and only that.

Although many talented people have really good voice overs for the characters as I have heard.

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

No more adorable Dashie voice cracks? No Ashleigh Ball song from her?

sad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.pngsad.png

I gotta say, I really love the job Ashleigh does with Rainbow Dash's voice and I'd be very sad to see her go. I wouldn't have a freak out about it or anything, but it'd still be pretty disappointing, especially if I didn't feel that the new VA fit as well.

I'd give them their fair chance, and I'd prefer that they at least sounded like the Rainbow Dash that we're accustomed to, to answer the questions posed in the poll.

• Brohoof 1

Seriously, don't joke. I could not handle it if Tabitha St Germain were unable to continue voicing Rarity. Well, actually, I probably could, but I would be depressed about it for weeks. Of course, I might just manage to reduce the period of depression to days if Kasumi Evans (Rarity's singing voice actress) took over. But I would want her to use a unique voice. Now let's stop talking about it. Tabitha FOREVER! :D

I would try see how the new person handled it...there have been a lot of replacement voicers that have done great in emulating a previous one's style. Regardless, the current VAs have really made their marks on the characters' voices so it'd be a tough change.

Seriously, don't joke. I could not handle it if Tabitha St Germain were unable to continue voicing Rarity. Well, actually, I probably could, but I would be depressed about it for weeks. Of course, I might just manage to reduce the period of depression to days if Kasumi Evans (Rarity's singing voice actress) took over. But I would want her to use a unique voice. Now let's stop talking about it. Tabitha FOREVER! biggrin.png

Hey it's not like characters haven't played roles for many years before. Kevin Conroy has been voicing animated batman and now the Arkham series games for 20 years. I certainly don't WANT the changes, but it's a reality we have to accept as a possibility.

I'd be upset that the voice is replaced, but I'd wait until I hear it before judging. Though I'd prefer they do their own style instead of mimicking the old voice, unless it sounds exactly the same, 90% of the time it usually sounds noticeably worse than using their own style. A good example is when DBZ switched dub companies from Ocean to Funimation, Chris Sabat sounded terrible trying to mimic Brian Drummond's Vegeta, and sounded a lot better around the Cell-Buu Saga when he started using his own voice style

Well I think I've found that I can pull off a VERY good patrick star impression (like, I can make my voice sound virtually the exact same as his I believe), and I'm not his voice actor, so I think it's possible that they could find someone who can properly replace a character's voice actor. So that being said, I'd wait and see if they could pull it off. It would have to either sound the exact same or so similar I that I would hardly be able to tell the difference.

Edited by Sir Wulfington

i can't vote because the second poll doesn't have a "don't care" option.  But I'd choose see if they can pull it off for the first one.  I've seen a lot of fan made videos, and a lot of them have done really well on the voices, so I probably wouldn't care much if they changed the actors as long as the voice matches the character.

i can't vote because the second poll doesn't have a "don't care" option.  But I'd choose see if they can pull it off for the first one.  I've seen a lot of fan made videos, and a lot of them have done really well on the voices, so I probably wouldn't care much if they changed the actors as long as the voice matches the character.

Whoopsies. Forgot to throw that option in for the second poll. I'll add that in now for everyone else but I kinda thought that every one would fall into one category or the other. Guess I was mistaken. tongue.png

It would take some getting used to, that is for sure but though it wouldn't be the same but judging by the good track record of this show with voice actors I would give the new voice actor a chance.

Here's what I say about characters; As the series goes on and evolves, so does the character. I'm going to take Jason Griffith's Sonic the Hedgehog voice for an example. In the beginning, his impression on him was kind of annoying. But, by the time Unleashed rolled around, he almost had Sonic's voice down to a T.

If VA's were to change for any of the characters, I'd give them some time to see if they evolve over time.

Edited by StevenEarthPony

If someone replaced Pinkie, they'd better do a damn good job and sound just like her! KUbAnTY.png It would be too jarring if they tried to do their own thing with it and would never feel right, that'd be fine for a reboot but, not in the same show. mellow.png I personally think a lot of fan videos have great voice actresses and there have been lots of great Pinkies so they could definitely just hire one of them. :)

I'd die!

I'd just die! :(

TSt.G does such a great job with Rarity's voice...gahh. It'd be awful! That's one of my favorite things about Rarity!

...but, I'd still be a Rarity fan. That won't ever change :D I'm very devoted to being a Rarity fan, and nothing will change that, ever.

• Brohoof 1

If another VA replaced MY LUNA? UNACCEPTABLE!!!

On a more serious matter, I don't think it would change that much to the character. Luna has so few lines in the show that maybe the new VA would bring forward a different voice, but we would get used to it faster than any of the Mane 6 or a CMC.

I have a wait-and-see reaction concerning all of the new stuff in the show, so that would be something I would wait to see before judging (Just like with EQG or Twilicorn).

No. Just no! :(

As a huge Pinkie Pie fan, I've really grown to love her throughout the progression of the series. One of the greatest things I love about her is her personality, which is especially defined and in correlation with her wonderful and unique voice; the voice the talented Andrea Libman used to bring her to life! laugh.png Her cute high pitched voice really seems to represent Pinkie Pie's youthful spirit and fun and innocent attitude which she carries almost all the time. If Andrea Libman were to suddenly get replaced, I don't think it would be easy for me to adjust. 

Smile Smile Smile, At the Gala, This is Your Singing Telegram, and all the possible future songs Pinkie Pie could sing, just wouldn't sound as energetic, unique, and "Pinkie Pie-like" to me if a different voice actress were to suddenly come along. :(

I really hope Andrea Libman continues to voice Pinkie Pie for the rest of the series! She has to! But I won't say that if another voice actress were to voice Pinkie Pie, I'd automatically disapprove and hate her. I'm just saying it would be hard for me to adjust. Maybe I would get used to it. But honestly, I love Andrea Libman, so much, I may not ever see Pinkie Pie the same way again. I'll still love her of course for who she is as a character. But still, it just wouldn't be the same...sad.png  

Then again, I'm not too worried about that happening anyways. smile.png

I think Ashleigh Ball does such an outstanding job of voicing Applejack, so I'm sure I would have a hard time adjusting to a new voice. That said, everyone deserves a fair chance, and time will heal pain, so as long as the new VA put forth the same amount of heart and soul into Applejack's character as Ashleigh does, then I'm sure I would manage. Ashleigh's voice is very unique, and I think it'd be darn near impossible to try and replace her with an impersonator, but at the same time I wouldn't want Applejack to sound too drastically different either.

I'd prefer someone with a real Southern accent to take over the role if at all possible. Lower the pitch a bit if necessary, and voila! smile.png

• Brohoof 1