Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would canon Celestia survive a nuclear bomb being dropped on her?

Bendy

Would canon Celestia survive a nuclear bomb being dropped on her?  

43 users have voted

1. 1. Would canon Celestia survive a nuclear bomb being dropped on her?

• Yes, even canon Celestia would survive.
    • Unless she is a lot more stronger version of her in an alternate universe, than yes Celestia would survive. But otherwise no.

Would canon Celestia survive a nuclear bomb being dropped on her? Some Bronies think so. Even if she would survive a nuclear explosion, there's always a counter force to everything in the multiverse, no matter how overpowered you are. 

POLL: Below.

Yes, even canon Celestia would survive.

Unless she is a lot more stronger version of her in an alternate universe, than yes Celestia would survive. But otherwise no.

Edited by Rush

Haha no way. Celestia's magical powers or whatever powers she's using to survive stuff would absolutely not even be close to the amount of energy that's dropped on her with a nuke.. Well, at least that's what I believe :P

Now really sure what else there is to discuss or bring up since we don't really know what she can survive or not. It's all just guessing

Not sure, she could if she would have some shield and I'm not sure whether she is immortal or not. I think that she could survive a nuclear bomb since she would most likely use a magic shield but it all depends on whether she is immortal or not since if the blast won't hurt her the radiation would kill her. But I think she would survive and she would most likely use magic to prevent herself from being infected by radiation.

People like to think she's some closet god but she's not, Faust said so herself, and the show's current writers have done nothing to counteract that stance. Unless she had warning ahead of time and some powerful spell to somehow warp the bomb into outer space before it exploded or someshit, she'd be toast.

Next convention Faust is at scream this question with all the vigor in your soul!

IMO, no...no she couldn't, though it depends on the figurative type. An "earthly" atomic bomb would probably be just as destructive in a cartoon as it is IRL if the writers wanted to convey that message of absolute annihilation. It's a somber topic to talk about something that can bring about that much destruction and it should be met with a serious tone. No pinkie pie gabbing it out of the sky with her teeth and eating it (she'd probably say "spicy!" or something cornball like that...).

Now, if the writers wanted to go traditional cartoon and drop the "acme, ordered from the annual kill the roadrunner catalog" then yes. Pinkie pie can eat as many of these as she wants.

Well, it all depends on one factor, magic. If she uses her magic, I can see her surviving a nuclear bomb. If she doesn't use magic, then she would die.

Wasn't sure till I read this, and I'd have to agree.

• Brohoof 1

Here's another question: Did it ever occur to you that Princess Celestia could use her magic to stop the offending Bomb from falling down and hold it in midair? She would then use her magic to jettison the offending weapon out into space where it would safely crash into a natural space rock and explode without causing any damage; or she could use her magic to “cut the red wire” (preventing it from exploding) from the inside and dismantle it piece by piece. Perhaps she could also use her magic to instantly send the offending weapon somewhere else (like the "instant transmission" trick from DBZ). B):yay:

• Brohoof 1

No.

Actually, it seems like she gets her butt handed to her pretty often by the villains.

Think about it.

Tail stolen by Discord (more of a gag, but still! she didn't stop him. would she have stopped him if he did something much worse?).Struck down by NMM. Hyperbeamed by Chrysalis, freaking KIDNAPPED BY PLANTS.

It takes a special kind of stupid to get kidnapped by a plant when you're powerful enough to literally MOVE THE SUN.

If she did survive, it was because she told the Mane Six to Harmony the bomb away. She wouldn't actually get rid of it herself.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

I bet she could probably survive if she teleported away. This is actual canon seein that twilight sparkle can teleport.

She could also shield herself and survive that way. This is also canon seeing that Shining Armor did this and so did Cadence.

If she had to face the impact without escaping it or protecting herself, I doubt that she would survive. Reason being that in the Season premier, Nightmare Moon hurt Celestia and therefore we know she can feel pain. We see some scratch marks on the in the episode too showing us that they can also be damaged. So, assuming that a nuclear explosion is more powerful than the magic used to harm Celestia, I would say that she would die.

Boom, Digibrony quality observations right there mate.

it's a nuclear bomb! ofcourse she can't survive. she would just vaporize once the thing goes off.

magic and power all the way, tough she's still made from flesh and blood, wich makes her damn easy to destroy. 

even a human bullet to the head would kill her.

Celestia is probably a lot more durable than any other pony.  She took a direct blast from Nightmare Moon that was powerful enough to pulverize a concrete overpass and showed no lasting effects from it.  But an atomic bomb is an entirely different level of destruction. 

Unless she is aware of an impending detonation and can use her magic to defend herself, she would be a goner in all likelihood. 

Of course not, the largest detonation of a nuclear device was around 57-100 megatons (speculated). Which is the Tsar-Hydrogen bomb. This would create at maximum, 100 x 4.18 x 1015 joules of energy. A .22 round is about 100 joules, which can kill a human if hit correctly. And larger 7.62mm is around 400 joules of energy, having a very high one hit kill rate. (bullets being chemical energy)

This nuke is equal to 418000000000000000 joules. Which is equal to being shot 1045000000000000 times by a 7.62mm round.

Big white pony or not, you would be killed.

220px-NATO_7.62x51.jpg eec2f04e96ea507a602ab89198e2f027.wix_mp.

* Please fix the grammar in the second voting option "Unless she is a lot more stronger version"........

Edited by Rainbow Dashey
  • Brohoof 3

ya, she would, and here's how.... A bomb is being dropped on her, so she teleports the main 6 to her and says they need to save equestria before this bomb goes off, and then just sits there as they go off and deal with it. They would use the power of friendship to defeat said bomb and make it a friend of theirs.

ya, she would, and here's how.... A bomb is being dropped on her, so she teleports the main 6 to her and says they need to save equestria before this bomb goes off, and then just sits there as they go off and deal with it. They would use the power of friendship to defeat said bomb and make it a friend of theirs.

The question isn't if she can dodge it, the question is stating, surviving the contact at detonation.

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

The question isn't if she can dodge it, the question is stating, surviving the contact at detonation.

"Would canon Celestia survive a nuclear bomb being dropped on her?"

There were no rules stating it had to come into contact with her, and that's what has to be acknowledged about this is that there are no specifics, so what I said does count :P and with how trolly Celestia is, she would use the Main 6 to do the work for her :P now as for a Nuclear explosion.... Possibly, if she could pull something out of her.... plot, I'm sure she can come up with some hax way to keep herself form taking any damage form said bomb and radiation.

"Would canon Celestia survive a nuclear bomb being dropped on her?"

There were no rules stating it had to come into contact with her, and that's what has to be acknowledged about this is that there are no specifics, so what I said does count :P and with how trolly Celestia is, she would use the Main 6 to do the work for her :P now as for a Nuclear explosion.... Possibly, if she could pull something out of her.... plot, I'm sure she can come up with some hax way to keep herself form taking any damage form said bomb and radiation.

So if I dropped something on you, and you moved, did it drop on you >.> No. You have to be kidding me, right?