Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your preferred method of drawing? Traditional or computer?

lomk

Preferred drawing method  

69 users have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred method of drawing?

• Traditional methods (paint, pastels, pencils, charcoal, etc)
    • Computer (including those who use drawing tablets)
    • I like both equally.

I like both equally. :3 Traditional art is easier to do, but digital art makes my art look cleaner.

ErBoi: Oh sure! If only I had the money for it. -_-

There are relatively inexpensive drawing tablets; I mean, depending on your budget (and how serious you are about drawing digitally) anyway.  With some digging, you might be able track down an affordable, second-hand Bamboo tablet (I ended up with 2 Bamboos after I got my Cintiq so I sold them for $45 each).  And if you're willing to go a bit higher, brand new Intuos tablets are just under $100.

While I don't expect you to have the same luck, I know somebody who found an older model Cintiq for $300.

I don't mind drawing with a tablet, but I definitely prefer a sketchbook and a pencil. It just feels better. My ideas flow better and my control is much better. Sketchbook paper gives off a nice tactile signal when you're drawing on it that I miss on a tablet.

I personally love both~

Nothing can beat traditional in that it has a "real" quality to it. While it can be expensive, markers and pens are a joy to work with. As for digital, its so limitless and offers many more possibilities that traditional works can make difficult. Over all I believe there is a solid time and place for both.

I would love to be able to do computer art, some of the art I've seen made this way is just beautiful.

I prefer traditional as it is more accessible for me and I enjoy the hands on approach :)

Depends on your resources and points of view. Once you get the hang of it, digital in many aspects can be easier due to the editing power. Traditional is generally most natural and more permanent with mistakes. I prefer both, honestly. Intuos and pencil drawing can be equally great to work with for me.

• Brohoof 1