Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Should I play TF2?

DustJacket

If you're looking for a class that hangs back and doesn't get close to the front lines, then what you're probably looking for is the Stays Home And Doesn't Play class =p

Sorry if that sounded rude in any way - the point being, TF2's design is very much centered around getting people up-front. The upside is that you're much less likely to be suddenly shot at a distance from someone you didn't notice at all (most common cause of death in modern military shooters).

Admittedly, the two classes that hang back the most are the Engineer and Sniper - but people do this solely to plan directly ahead for enemies they know are coming very soon. Hanging back when you don't need to is generally made fun of.

If you're playing and having difficulty playing as one class, switch using the 'comma' key! Many times a team loses simply because they have too many Snipers/Spies, and not nearly enough knuckles-and-boots Soldiers or Heavies.

EDIT: Oh! And, half for entertainment value, half to learn something, watch all the videos in the playlist I linked. If any of them confuse you, expand the video description to get a more detailed explanation of the video creator's opinion of what to do / not do.

Edited by Katana

@

Its completely free (unless you WANT to put money into it. Though that Man Vs machine lock down is BS...) so there is NO reason to not give it a shot :P

get in there, and join up on the steam group if you haven't already!

video creator's opinion of what to do / not do.

Someone else's opinion. I see... well, then, there is no wrong for one in having a playstyle. 

And your post doesn't help. Mind! I really beg your pardon, if that is somewhat offensive  :squee: .

@

Its completely free (unless you WANT to put money into it. Though that Man Vs machine lock down is BS...) so there is NO reason to not give it a shot :P

get in there, and join up on the steam group if you haven't already!

400 MB left, and I'll be burnin' through ammo, or at least learn something first  :P .

It's fun to play with friends, free to play, and you can have fun shooting people. So if you're into that stuff, I recommend it. :P

Already on it.

• Brohoof 1

Just get it! There are so many fun modes and maps. And it has a HUGE Brony fanbase (which offends some players, but its rare to find a player who hates FIM). 

Haha. And if there is, just keep killing 'em. Thats what I do, if they dont have a mic. 

Oh and protip: When searching for servers, look for ones with unusiam map names. These are most likely "party" servers with an infinate play mode and (usually) instant respawn. 

Also a good tip since your a noob is to try out all classes and see what they do, what weapons they have, how fast they move, exc. And when you get a free random item in a drop, equip it and try it out! After awhile, your backpack will get full. Then I reccomend making a purchas at the store which will give you much more room. 

I dont reccomend trading (unless its item for item) but if you do want to, beware of scammers. If something seems overpriced, it probably is. 

And one final peice of advice. If you ever get a hat or misc in a random drop KEEP IT!!! They are VERY rare and expensive. 

Ahem, this has been SB888's guide to TF2. You can friend me if you want. I'll give you some items. NLR_Captain_ThunderRage777. My logo is the NLR emblem. 

Happy hunting! 

• Brohoof 1

Just get it! There are so many fun modes and maps. And it has a HUGE Brony fanbase (which offends some players, but its rare to find a player who hates FIM). 

Haha. And if there is, just keep killing 'em. Thats what I do, if they dont have a mic. 

Oh and protip: When searching for servers, look for ones with unusiam map names. These are most likely "party" servers with an infinate play mode and (usually) instant respawn. 

Also a good tip since your a noob is to try out all classes and see what they do, what weapons they have, how fast they move, exc. And when you get a free random item in a drop, equip it and try it out! After awhile, your backpack will get full. Then I reccomend making a purchas at the store which will give you much more room. 

I dont reccomend trading (unless its item for item) but if you do want to, beware of scammers. If something seems overpriced, it probably is. 

And one final peice of advice. If you ever get a hat or misc in a random drop KEEP IT!!! They are VERY rare and expensive. 

Wait, writing that down... *scribbling* *scribbling* *scribbling*  :P ... *nibbles the end of the pencil* what was that last part again? Nah I'm just kidding, noted though  :squee:

You play TF2 to let off steam, BIG TIME.

You can use it as a serious competition game or mostly, casual gaming or as a "BWHAHAHAHA, Did you see that guy asplod?!?!"

Damn, it has some funny moments, and some hairy moments.

For relaxation it works brilliantly, It doesn't matter about the kills or deaths, it is just made for pure fun

You play TF2 to let off steam, BIG TIME.

You can use it as a serious competition game or mostly, casual gaming or as a "BWHAHAHAHA, Did you see that guy asplod?!?!"

Damn, it has some funny moments, and some hairy moments.

For relaxation it works brilliantly, It doesn't matter about the kills or deaths, it is just made for pure fun

I never had the steam blown off from my head like after I played TF2, It is fun, I like it.

You! You are dead!

Also has no-one here mentioned that this is a different to all other fps's as it requires skill?

No, I'm not, here... check my pulse.

And using skill in a game, really? That doesn't sound enjoyable. 

Do you like video games? If yes then you must play TF2 it's great. Also a great way to blow off steam. (At least for me XP)

Yeah, tried it, it is lovely.

Only thing is if you want to craft or get certain items expect to play alot there is a weekly limit to item drops (not counting crates) about 5-13 items a week drop and to get some items you will have to probably craft them which is confusing and annoying also don't buy into things like hats or cosmetic items because they aren't important.

I personally think it is an incredibly overrated game. Extremely fun if you have friends to play with so you can actually work as a "TEAM", because trying to work with strangers is about as effective as trying to get a random assortment of predators to work together with their prey.

Oh and being considered a noob when you decide to play a class that actually requires some skill. Aka Sniper, Scout.

If I want to play as a Scout or Sniper, fuck you.

I'm probably one of the biggest TF2 fans on this forum, so I probably won't be able to give an unbiased response to this thread but I'll try anyway.

Yes, yes you should. TF2 is, as PC Gamer said, the most fun you can have online. Teamplay is solid (most of the time), firefights are both intense and require you to think at the same time, the game requires a well-planned-out strategy if you want to win, the game's humor is amazing with each individual class having their own personality and there's a massive amount of backstory behind the game - impressive for a multiplayer-only game, isn't it?

It's also free, unless you decide to dump money into it, so what's keeping you from doing so? And don't tell me you can't afford free! >:V

(edited)

If I want to play as a Scout or Sniper, fuck you.

Okay, wasn't expecting that... and really~ wow. 

I'm probably one of the biggest TF2 fans on this forum, so I probably won't be able to give an unbiased response to this thread but I'll try anyway.

Yes, yes you should. TF2 is, as PC Gamer said, the most fun you can have online. Teamplay is solid (most of the time), firefights are both intense and require you to think at the same time, the game requires a well-planned-out strategy if you want to win, the game's humor is amazing with each individual class having their own personality and there's a massive amount of backstory behind the game - impressive for a multiplayer-only game, isn't it?

It's also free, unless you decide to dump money into it, so what's keeping you from doing so? And don't tell me you can't afford free! >:V

Yeah, just played it. Modded it as well. 

Oh, and maybe I'll post this here; to serve as a proof that I have played.

As a sniper, doing a Huntsman Duel or something like that (it was his idea) enough said... Yes, I know, I killed Twilight Sparkle.

Edited by C45TL3

@@TorqueEffect,

dunno where you go to get your thrill mate

I don't get nothin' like that 

Yeah I was just in a bad mood when I posted that.

The game isn't bad, but it is highly overrated. It was waaaaay better back in the day IMHO, but I can see why they had to keep adding more and more things to it, or else it would have dwindled in popularity.

I started playing it way back when it was still $20, and I bought it for $7 on sale. God that was a while ago, I was still in friggin' highschool, so that was like 2008 or 2009, will have to look at my bronze badge and see what it says.

Edited by TorqueEffect