Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Give-Stormwing-Stupid-Ideas-To-Do-In-A-Hotel Thread

Stormbringer

mini fridge included?

I found a fun trick by mistake once while in a hotel with one...

Take a diet soda (TBH.. never tried with a regular one) and shake it up. Put it on the top rack nearest the freezer part, and then close and wait...

Blew the door open when I did it, and it actually took the cans top right off.. I still have the can.. literally, it actually managed to just unfold it nice and neat and blow out...

I could name more, but it would possibly get you booted from the hotel.. I was military when I did things, so we got "some" clearance..

do they have a pool? :P

We tossed an ink pack from a life vest into the pool from one of the high floors.. turned the WHOLE pool green.. was hilarious...

@@Stary Dreams,

I'll probably break out my Doctor Who cosplay just for that occasion. 

ooh didn't see this..

Have a working sonic screw driver?

:)

I have a gesture based universal remote of the 11th doctor's sonic screw driver... Just program it to the TV's codes for different brands and different gestures, then go around messing with peoples TV's :P

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ee4a/

Whip this sucker out at the bar and people ask me wtf it is.. I usually get a remote handed to me in no time, giving me access to the channels and power of the TV's... muahahahahahahaaaa :P

ooh didn't see this..

Have a working sonic screw driver?

:)

I have a gesture based universal remote of the 11th doctor's sonic screw driver... Just program it to the TV's codes for different brands and different gestures, then go around messing with peoples TV's :P

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ee4a/

Whip this sucker out at the bar and people ask me wtf it is.. I usually get a remote handed to me in no time, giving me access to the channels and power of the TV's... muahahahahahahaaaa :P

*rolls around on floor squealing in fangirly excitement* Stary.exe has stopped working.

• Brohoof 1

@

They have 10's too..

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/13a8/?cpg=fbl_13a8&fb_action_ids=10151728645813839&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=fbl_13a8&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582

But the 11th is made of die cast and ABS parts with some leather like plastic, the 10th is... plastic.. not very good quality IMO. The 11th's is a beast though.. hefty, strong.. freaken awesome!

My former tenant had that one :) I got it for her for Xmas.. Think Geek had a sale going, so it was like buying one of them with second day shipping. And I'm close enough to where they shipped from that regular shipping gets to me in 2 days :P

Edited by GrimCW

Walk out to the front desk, dressed like some detective. Say you have heard reports of meth, and you are the professional meth sniffer. Start sniffing everything, then point at some random object and scream, " METH!!!!!!!!! Run for your sniffing LIVES!!!" And run out the room screaming.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, I gots... 29 MORE SUGGESTIONS!!!! With fun ratings! Enjoy!

1. Knock on two people's doors that are next to each other and 
yell "Room Service!", then run. If you can, hide and watch them argue. FUN RATING-6.5

2. Forget asking Room Service for towels, go door-to-door seeing if 
someone else will lend you any of their bath towels. For extra fun, 
say "I'll return them when I'm done."- FUN RATING- 3.5

3. Make posters/papers such as "Party tonight at room #[insert a room number that isn't your own]" and post them up on elevators. For extra fun put the room number NEXT to yours.-FUN RATING- 8.5

4. Call room service FROM A HALLWAY PHONE and ask them "May I please have a dozen of towels", say that your room number is the number of the room NEXT to yours. For extra fun, be walking out of your room when they come and try to keep a hidden video camera.- FUN RATING- 8

5. Keep the elevators busy. If there are a LOT of floors make a smiley face with the lights, WITHOUT using the lobby button. Then after making the smiley face. Click the lobby button. There's usually people waiting down there. When the elevator gets down, the L button will turn off, and they'll see a smiley face.-FUN RATING- 9

6. Put slips of papers under people's hotel doors saying stuff like, "What do you think of MTV nowadays?" or "Isn't Aerosmith the greatest band ever?" or "Britney better get her act together!"- FUN RATING- 7.5

7. Stick up papers on peoples' doors saying "Knock On Me", or "Knock on Me at 2 AM" for extra fun, knock on it at a time you know they're in there. Then run, they'll see the sign. FUN RATING- 8.5

8. Drop a melted candy bar into the pool. People will confuse it with something ELSE. This is extra fun if you have a poolside view. FUN RATING- 8.1

9. Call from hallway phones asking to be connected to dead celebrities, dead mobsters, mythical creatures, etc. Or crazy celebrities.- FUN RATING- 9.0

10. Complain to the front desk either in person or through a HALLWAY telephone that the maid took 3 pennies, a nickel, etc off of your night stand.- FUN RATING- 9.4

11. Take a BUNCH of your towels and unfold them, mess them up, etc. Put a note on them that says, "CLEAN THESE!" and open the elevator toss them in and put the note on it. Then send it to the lobby. MAKE SURE YOU GET OUT! For extra fun race down to the bottom and watch people's reactions. Make sure you put enough towels.- FUN RATING- 9.7

12. Be a GOOD neighbor. Order some room service for your neighbor. Then, when the food gets to their room. (Listen for knocking) Call the front desk FROM A HALLWAY PHONE, and demand to know where your food is, then give a different room number.- FUN RATING- 4.3

13. Put glow in the dark spray, lube, etc on the walls of the hallway, room, etc. Rub it in so it can't be removed easily, but it still shows. Maids won't see it, but the next people who sleep in your room will!- Submitted by rah of Yahoo!, FUN RATING- 7.8

14.Superglue a quarter to the elevator floor. Then laugh as people come in and try to pick it up.- FUN RATING- 5.6

15. In the elevator post a sign that says, "OUT OF ORDER- DO NOT CLICK ANY BUTTONS- DANGER" on one of the elevator doors that RETRACT. This way, people won't see the sign until the doors are closed, and they'll think they're trapped.- FUN RATING- 9.8

16. This one will cost you 15-20 bucks. Buy a universal remote with long distance reach.(15-20 feet). Then walk to doors and turn tvs on/off and change channels and volume, etc. My favorite is go to every door and turn all tvs on and up to full volume.- FUN RATING- 9.6

17. Put vaseline on doorknobs.- FUN RATING- 7.8

18. Place a trash can leaning against someone's door. Fill it with something. Ice cubes, water, trash, etc. Put it at a high angle. If the door opens inward, it'll trash their room, if it opens outward, it'll look like they just trashed the hallway.- FUN RATING- 8.6

19. Take a picture of something. Elvis, Burger King, Taco Bell Dog, etc. Take a Pipe cleaner(the craft supply) and tape half to the door, and bend it so that it you have a u shape. Tape the picture facing the door so it is showing to the peep hole. Knock on the person's door and run, or hide and wait for a reaction.- FUN RATING- 8.0

20. Buy some Crime Scene Tape for $5 online or at a store. When you see someone leave their room. Stretch it across the doorway at a diagonal angle and tape a couple up. For extra fun do it to your neighbor, make sure they aren't there though. Try to see their reactions, always hilarious.-FUN RATING- 9.3

21. Put some bubbles in a water fountain. In the pool, the drain, and the spout. Always a fun, quick, and easy to watch prank.- FUN RATING- 8.5

22. Willing to spend 2 bucks? Buy a cheap little cooler and stick a paper on the side and write "TRANSPLANT HEART- KEEP COLD". Leave it in the elevator.- FUN RATING- 8.3

23. Nowadays the need for business centers and free to use computers are very important. Most lobbies have one. When nobody is around, try googling something like "how to keep a hostage" or "kidnapping easy" or "learn to rob a hotel room". DON'T search it. Most likely you'd get joke sites which would ruin it. DON'T search anything to do with blowing places up.- FUN RATING- 8.5

24.  Again with business centers, (see #23). Print out pages saying things like- DOCKS @ 8:40 bring the "white paint" Tell no man or X-| , or a "coded" message talking about a drug dropoff.- FUN RATING- 8.5

25. Don't drink the Kool-Aid! A popular joke, can also be a prank. Take a Kool-Aid packet. Most shower faucets open without tools. Open the lid, a pour the power into the hose or showerhead. The next person will turn a light color of whatever you put it for a day or two. WARNING- People WILL complain and it is easy to trace who was the last customer in this room. You should probably plan on either denial, being framed, or something like that.-FUN RATING- 8.8

26. This next prank is a little mean, but here it goes anyway. Putting SUPERGLUE on elevevator buttons. Make sure that it is super fast drying. Their finger will probably only be stuck for a minute or two.- FUN RATING- 8.6

27. Have you ever seen those little PRESS ME stickers on talking stuffed animals? Well if your hotel has a little gift shop, most big ones do, feel free to put those on things like stuff animals, watches, keychains, etc.- FUN RATING- 8.9

28. The don't shower prank. Sending out a memo that says there are high levels of dangerous nitroxide and ironoxide or some chemical like that, with the manager's name and a super scribbly signature is always funny. Usually the manager will get huge complaints, which is always fun to watch.- FUN RATING- 5.6

29. Turning the showerhead so it faces the outside will send a freezing cold stream of water at somebody, and it'll probably flood their room. This could've been an "accident" unlike the Kool-Aid prank(#25) most people don't even look at the showerhead before they turn on the water.- FUN RATING- 6.8

Edited by DolosusDoleus
  • Brohoof 1