movies/tv South Park, what do you think of it?

Side Bird

Let's face it. Cartman is the biggest piece of trash, subhuman bastard you will ever see. You got to admit that without him South Park wouldn't be enjoyable. I enjoy the show a bit, but I don't watch it much anyways.

Edited by TheEndianPony

The new episodes aren't as good as the old ones but it is still a decent show, the humor is vulgar but I have a sick sense of humor so that is right up my alley. Despite that though it is actually a fairly intelligent show that makes a lot of good points, even the ones that have messages I don't agree with I can still laugh at. 

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 3

• 1 year later...

South Park is my favourite show besides MLP. Matt and Trey are clearly geniuses. I don't know if anybody here has seen Book of Mormon, but it is easily the best, most well-written and most influential musicals...well, ever. The South Park guys wrote it, and it's pure genius. It's not unlike South Park in it's social commentary and wit, but does differ in tone quite a bit. South Park is definitely a great show, and even the later episodes are pretty rad. 

You know I don't know if I have ever seen a whole episode. So I can not really judge it but from what I have seen I don't think that it is a show for me.It's too dark and sinister I like more lighthearted shows like MLP.

It's hardly sinister. It's quite lighthearted the majority of the time, actually.

eh... its pretty funny. :scoots:  I don't like some episodes, but i don't see it as offensive either. :maud:

I'm actually kinda suprised that nobody made this topic because not only is this show well-known,but it's hilarious!I'm currently obsessed with it.What are your opinions on the cartoon? My take on the cartoon is that it's a cartoon that makes fun of things for the purpose of entertainment,but do it in such a crafty way.

Le favorite south park song: (cursing warning)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wjiymH34_0

i love this song!                     :love:  SINGALONG TIME!!!!!!

I generally don't like cartoons ,Pony being the exception . I may watch a Disney movie and find it okay . On the other hand South Park represents the exact opposite of "innocent" cartoons and I personally hate it . South Park isn't a great series wit interesting plot and characters , doesn't have humour outside stereotypes and shock humour and isn't a sweet "escape" from reality , I see no reason to like it .

Edited by Demetrius
  • Brohoof 1

I cant watch South Park without think about this weird M-preg cow fanfiction a mutual friend was reading out loud. Needless to say, i was very uncomfortable. Therefore... I dislike it. 
Never actually watched the show, but have seen a few funny screenshots of stuff from it.

Love the older episodes.

The newer episodes are worse than the old, but at least it isn't family guy

My sentiments exactly. Basically, if a cartoon isn't too close to family guy, they've done at least one thing right.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's one of the best thought-out shows out there, although I haven't been able to watch the newest season. I have such a burning hatred for political correctness I can't bear to watch it even when it's clearly being bashed.

• 9 months later...

It's crude , vulgar and sporadically offensive....but that's why I love it.

Last season was mostly meh....It had it's moments but as a whole it wasn't all that great. 

It's current season is my favourite so far,  Every episode was just amazing....The plot is extra spicy this season o-o

• Brohoof 1

im an old school South Park fan, I LOVE the classic episodes more than the new ones though. Just because it was super edgey back in the 90s for kids to be watching it. I used to be treated to being allowed to stay up late just to watch it as im the oldest sibling. but mum was very reserved about south park in the house. She loves Cartman, but Kenny's death scenes were always too violent for my innocent little mind, so i wasnt allowed to watch too much. We also had the N64 game confiscated unless we had friends over to play games with. So those are my south park memories.

But it got to a point where I just stopped watching SP, because it was too graphic and gross and Matt and Trey were just trying to push the censors I think. I stopped watching from the Cosmetic Surgery/Mr Garrison's Sex change episode. I'd watch the odd ones during that time when they were trending, so WoW episode and the GoT episodes caught my attention. Recently I've got back into it. I think when Stick of Truth came out, I decided to catch up on the series' i missed and my god ive been missing out. Theres still I few I think are too far, like the Jonas Brothers episode (ugh), but they really are funny when theyre relevent to news and stuff going on now. The Oculus and Let's Play episodes being my current faves. Though I miss the classic misadventures, I have been enjoying the current series. 

• Brohoof 2

I despise it. Any show that has such poor writing and lack of originality that it has to rely constantly on crude or shock humor isn't worth the time it takes to watch it. There's nothing new or exceptional about being crude or dirty; it's been done a thousand times before. I don't even mind a little crude humor if it's done cleverly, but this most decidedly is not. I'll pass. 

• Brohoof 2

I watch it once in awhile. I used to watch it a lot when it first came out but in later seasons slowed down. Not because I stopped liking it but I was distracted by other shows and video games. I love the goth kids, they need their own show and Stick of Truth is a fun video game. I can kick butt with a thief character. I'm eagerly waiting for the next game.

I'm also impressed the creators can make a new episode in 6 days.

Edited by Sgamer

I don't like it at all actually... some of the older episodes maybe. A lot of stuff the show well it's just too crude in my opinion.

I prefer Beavis & Butthead over it by far.

Edited by Gone Airbourne

im an old school South Park fan, I LOVE the classic episodes more than the new ones though. Just because it was super edgey back in the 90s for kids to be watching it. I used to be treated to being allowed to stay up late just to watch it as im the oldest sibling. but mum was very reserved about south park in the house. She loves Cartman, but Kenny's death scenes were always too violent for my innocent little mind, so i wasnt allowed to watch too much. We also had the N64 game confiscated unless we had friends over to play games with. So those are my south park memories.

But it got to a point where I just stopped watching SP, because it was too graphic and gross and Matt and Trey were just trying to push the censors I think. I stopped watching from the Cosmetic Surgery/Mr Garrison's Sex change episode. I'd watch the odd ones during that time when they were trending, so WoW episode and the GoT episodes caught my attention. Recently I've got back into it. I think when Stick of Truth came out, I decided to catch up on the series' i missed and my god ive been missing out. Theres still I few I think are too far, like the Jonas Brothers episode (ugh), but they really are funny when theyre relevent to news and stuff going on now. The Oculus and Let's Play episodes being my current faves. Though I miss the classic misadventures, I have been enjoying the current series. 

I was about 12 or 13 when I started watching South Park, and that was around 2004, 2005. I loved the classic misadventures the boys used to have, but stopped watching around 2011, 2012 because the show just started becoming too preachy, and Matt and Trey's libertarianism just started becoming too apparent. The show started gaining an agenda, rather than letting the show's message be told through it's own subtle way.