Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Boy Bullied for Being a Brony Attempts to Take Own Life

ReverseFaller

@@Shoboni

@ 

Hey, folks. Due to the similarities between your threads and an older one, I'm merged them into a single thread. Thanks for understanding!

Brain damage can't be reversed with current medical technology, but with luck, he might be able to recover most of his physical and mental functions. I despise bullies, but to be honest, I don't wish them harm. They're kids who don't know any better. I just hope they take a good lesson from what they've done to their peer. Children can be amazingly cruel. 

• Brohoof 5

You guys do realize that the story behind why he did this to himself had changed right? Now they are saying it had nothing to do with bullying, or MLP, but that it was because of a fight he had with his brother.

I am not buying it, as soon as you hear people start changing their stories, it is a telltale sign they are lying.

I think the whole brony community is being scammed, especially since something about a kid trying to commit suicide would have made the news somewhere, especially if the VERY first thing the kids parents did was go to the internet, to completely ignore going to any news agency is puzzling, But yeah nothing but brony related websites even mention it. No legitimate news agencies have. 

I call bs guys. If you guys want to throw money willy nilly at this, be my guests. But I have a feeling most of the damage has been done already, but hey, maybe it was real, maybe some douche used charity for profit and made off with over $10k of this fandoms donations, and is laughing all the way to the bank.

Edited by TorqueEffect

EDIT: He's still alive. Lots of misinformation going around

You guys do realize that the story behind why he did this to himself had changed right? Now they are saying it had nothing to do with bullying, or MLP, but that it was because of a fight he had with his brother.

I am not buying it, as soon as you hear people start changing their stories, it is a telltale sign they are lying.

I think the whole brony community is being scammed, especially since something about a kid trying to commit suicide would have made the news somewhere, especially if the VERY first thing the kids parents did was go to the internet, to completely ignore going to any news agency is puzzling, But yeah nothing but brony related websites even mention it. No legitimate news agencies have. 

I call bs guys. If you guys want to throw money willy nilly at this, be my guests. But I have a feeling most of the damage has been done already, but hey, maybe it was real, maybe some douche used charity for profit and made off with over $10k of this fandoms donations, and is laughing all the way to the bank.

According to a post on reddit:

"The facebook post made by his mother was misinterpreted, and the fight Michael had with his older brother was a minor, typical sibling argument over who watches TV since there are four children in one house with one TV.".

Final Draft of Everfree Network did an interview with Michael's stepfather. I don't think it's a scam.

Edited by Rivendare

Sad news everyone...Michael Morones has passed away from his injuries.

RIP

I only just heard of this bullying news. I would've donated if I found this out a lot sooner. Even if it had no effect, I would've wanted to give my full support. But now that it's too late, I can't feel any more horrible guilt.

So, it's finally happened. Someone has been killed for being a brony. And he was only 11.

Most faith in humanity I have lost so far.

• Brohoof 1

I'm honestly curious to know what happened to the bullies now that they indirectly "killed" a person.

Also, is there gonna be another war on this with the bronies and the anti-bronies?

• Brohoof 1

*Grabs bolter* 

looks like we have some heretics amongst us.

on a serious note. it really really bothers me that these things happen. Kinda wish you could've been there when they were bullying him.

Edited by SveciaDash

, True, but I'd rather have the story be a complete lie than be factual truth. Money can always be reclaimed, personal health as damaging as this cannot. 

Edited by Accellerant

@@TorqueEffect, You're not going to like this, but this IS true. Morones did try to take his life. One smaller news website, Chicago Now, detailed the news and showed a picture of Morones on life-support one-fifth of the way down.

Tara Strong also posted two Twitpics of Morones on life support.

(Be warned, the pics will upset you.)

• Brohoof 2

Sad news everyone...Michael Morones has passed away from his injuries.

Still not buying it until I see a real news agency report on it. 

This thread has some bad info being tossed around, so I'm going to try and correct it with what I know to be true....

First of all, he did not die.  He is in a coma, but alive.  There have been several statements that he's beginning to show small signs of movement on his own, so that's a great sign that he will make at least a partial recovery.  After the live stream, PurpleTinker made the mistake of posting on the site that they would put up a "Postmortem" article.  What she meant by that is that she would post an article detailing the live stream after the fact.  For obvious reasons, that was misinterpreted to people believing he had passed.

And while brain damage is not readily reversible, the impact of brain damage depending on the severity and location can have anywhere from no effect on a person's life to rendering them brain dead.  At this point, while they have done an MRI, they don't know how significantly the damage to his brain will effect his life.  Only time can tell whether he will be able to live a normal life or not at this point.

And this is not a hoax or scam.  Multiple members of the staff and members of this community have spoken with the family and seen Michael.  In order for this to be a hoax, tons of people including Tara Strong would have to be in on it.  The sad truth is that there are tons of suicide attempts, tons of people in hospitals, and most of them don't ever make a news story.  That does not mean that his story is not true.

And before people say, "But I see X on the news all the time and that's not as important as this so this has to be on there,"  yeah that's not how it works at all.  News stations in order to keep viewers happy set a specific balance between sad news, shocking news, happy news, and whatnot.  There are a limited number of spots for this type of a story, so there might simply have been a story or two that were also sad happening at the same time, and all the local news networks picked that story up instead.  Or the family might know how bronies are portrayed by the media, and were afraid at whether the story would have any journalistic integrity, and chose not to go on television with it.  Either way, this is meaningless to the question of whether or not this is actually true.

Bottom line is there is a little boy in the hospital and he needs our help.  If you want to believe this is all a hoax, fine, but do it somewhere else.  It's disgusting and inappropriate to go onto a thread of people trying to help someone and cast your own doubts.

Edited by Simon
  • Brohoof 5

(...)

Bottom line is there is a little boy in the hospital and he needs our help.  If you want to believe this is all a hoax, fine, but do it somewhere else.  It's disgusting and inappropriate to go onto a thread of people trying to help someone and cast your own doubts.

In the words of our good friend M. Bison:

Sorry to put it straight but that is fairly cynical.

This is the wonderful (not so wonderful?) thing about charity. People rather get scammed 865745486593937737279273 times than missing 1 subject that actually needed help.

And this is how kind and noble people (such as bronies) are different from not so kind and noble people (such as the haters). Kind and noble fellows don't give a *** about scammers, they just go ahead and help before it's too late to do so; they are willing to get scammed for the sake of others. While the not so kind and noble people go like "YOU LIE" and walk away, when in fact there are some people who actually need help, just lame story tellers.

Edited by Solid Scorpion
  • Brohoof 1

@@TorqueEffect, You're not going to like this, but this IS true. Morones did try to take his life. One smaller news website, Chicago Now, detailed the news and showed a picture of Morones on life-support one-fifth of the way down.

Tara Strong also posted two Twitpics of Morones on life support.

(Be warned, the pics will upset you.)

Thank you, finally some actual proof.

My heart goes out to him and his family.

With how people are in this day and age, there is always going to be skepticism. If I had the extra money to donate, I would.

But I do kinda agree with some of the people saying, why this kid should he be treated anymore differently than the thousands of other kids in need? "Oh he likes what I like, so he deserves the money and support more?"

It brings me onto another thing (I am not trying to compare this to the Morones) This fandom has way too many people begging for money for trivial things, like EQD posted the other day about a guy too cheap to pay his own dental bills, and just because he is a popular brony singer, so he takes advantage of that. Also I remember a while back there was another with the exact same story. Then I see allot of people's DA. "Oh my laptop broke, donate so I can get a new one." "Oh my tablet broke..." "Oh I am getting kicked out for not paying my rent..."

I see it time and time again.

At least some have the decency to ask for more commissions, or lower the prices on their commissions to help bring in more. Then at least they are doing something to earn money, not just stick out their hands.

Edited by TorqueEffect
  • Brohoof 2

Thank you, finally some actual proof.

My heart goes out to him and his family.

With how people are in this day and age, there is always going to be skepticism. If I had the extra money to donate, I would.

But I do kinda agree with some of the people saying, why this kid should he be treated anymore differently than the thousands of other kids in need? "Oh he likes what I like, so he deserves the money and support more?"

At least some have the decency to ask for more commissions, or lower the prices on their commissions to help bring in more. Then at least they are doing something to earn money, not just stick out their hands.

Torque, you're being rather cynical. There's no "special treatment" about it, people just like to come together and help others that share a common bond of some kind with. On a base level it's really no different that veterans looking out for their own, or artists looking out for other artists. Very few people on this earth could afford to support everyone in need so they have to do what they can.

• Brohoof 3

Torque, you're being rather cynical. There's no "special treatment" about it, people just like to come together and help others that share a common bond of some kind with. On a base level it's really no different that veterans looking out for their own, or artists looking out for other artists. Very few people on this earth could afford to support everyone in need so they have to do what they can.

Brony or non-, he's still a freaking kid in a freaking hospital, after all.

• Brohoof 2