Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favorite sore throat/cold remedy?

Flash Fire

Gargling with salt water is a fallback for my bad sore throats. I suppose tea is as well, but I drink tea regardless of whether I have a cold or not.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I've heard Coke and Dr Pepper served hot helped, but didn't know it was legit! I'll experiment next time I get a cold (hope that doesn't happen anytime soon though). Well, I usually drink hot water and add natural lemon juice (a legit lemonade without sugar), and heck, you can almost feel how this beverage kills the virus. Also, chicken soup always helps too  :catface:

Dying is good.

I guess there's sleeping through it too but dying is more likely cuz colds aren't enough to get you out of work no matter how much you're suffering.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

Dying is good.

I guess there's sleeping through it too but dying is more likely cuz colds aren't enough to get you out of work no matter how much you're suffering.

This is one of those times, that it is good to be a house wife. Too bad the kids are off school tomorrow though....

I've heard Coke and Dr Pepper served hot helped, but didn't know it was legit! I'll experiment next time I get a cold (hope that doesn't happen anytime soon though). Well, I usually drink hot water and add natural lemon juice (a legit lemonade without sugar), and heck, you can almost feel how this beverage kills the virus. Also, chicken soup always helps too  :catface:

It is, my mom taught me that one. Grandpa taught me a burbon with lemon juice one, but I haven't tried that, lol!

• Brohoof 1

Chicken noodle soup? It's especially nice during the cold months.

Also, if the amount of weakness/tiredness that it results in doesn't quite excuse you from work, suggest to your boss that you're probably contagious and could make your whole workforce sick.

Of course, it doesn't help me because I can work from home.

As counterintuitive as it may sound, I have found when I have a severe sore throat (from a cold or other illness, not just from yelling a lot after a day on the roller coasters), what makes it feel better is having a cigarette. I smoke menthols, so I figure it has something to do with that. Either way, one cigarette usually makes my throat feel much, much better.

For me, when my throat is dry and sore, I feel like sucking on a cough drop helps a lot. It allows for more saliva production and that helps with making my throat less sore and dry, along with drinking water, but that is obvious.

A nice hot bath with the best body gels I can get my hands on, dump it in there and make lots of bubbles. Have a cup of hot tea with honey on the side, light up a scented candle and relax, let the pain of the sore throat/cold just drift away from my mind.

• Brohoof 1

The last time I had a sore throat I just went and got antibiotics. it was so bad I couldn't eat or drink anything. However, I also remember eating frozen yogurt and that seemed to help me. Next time I get a sore throat like that I will definitely be getting frozen yogurt, and I can't complain because it's yummy! =P

As for colds, well, a regular cold is nothing for me. My nose is always stopped up to some degree... I don't even remember what it's like to not have it at least slightly stopped up, to be honest. When it gets really bad as it did around a month or so ago, and I couldn't breathe, I tried drinking hot apple cider and pretty much spent most of the days taking showers whenever the water heater refilled the hot water. =/

Although, I also had to go get antibiotics for that, too... Those seem to be the only things that actually work.

The last time I had a sore throat I just went and got antibiotics. it was so bad I couldn't eat or drink anything. However, I also remember eating frozen yogurt and that seemed to help me. Next time I get a sore throat like that I will definitely be getting frozen yogurt, and I can't complain because it's yummy! =P

As for colds, well, a regular cold is nothing for me. My nose is always stopped up to some degree... I don't even remember what it's like to not have it at least slightly stopped up, to be honest. When it gets really bad as it did around a month or so ago, and I couldn't breathe, I tried drinking hot apple cider and pretty much spent most of the days taking showers whenever the water heater refilled the hot water. =/

Although, I also had to go get antibiotics for that, too... Those seem to be the only things that actually work.

Have you tried using a neti pot? It's not pleasant, but it will clear your nasal passages, guaranteed.

Edited by Flash Fire

Probably hot water with lemon and a little salt. It tastes fantastic and it also helps quite a lot. I'm not a fan of taking medicine since I used to eat the gel Tylenol all the time and got really sick. ^^;

Edit: naughty typo. ^^;

Edited by Zenith