Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favorite sore throat/cold remedy?

Flash Fire

Any type of hot tea with tons of honey. Soothes the sore throat for a few hours. :) (The best his Honey Vanilla Chamomile tea by Celestial Seasonings :D) Also when you have a cold your head hurts a lot (atleast mine does) So what I do is lay down in a dark room and put  a cold wet cloth on my head for a little while. Also a lot of sleep is a good idea x3.

OH and any type of tissue that has Vicks in them. They are so much better than normal tissues I promise.

Cough drops for sore throats; it's the one of the few medicines that actually taste good. As for colds, I usually just wait those out, but I wouldn't call that "remedy" a favorite of mine...

• 5 years later...

Honey is fairly well-known to help, and I find chicken noodle soup and Sprite Zero to be great for sore throats, too (sugar can make a sore throat worse, which is why I opt for sugarless soda when I'm sick). I absolutely despise sore throats and I do anything I can to make it feel better.

Umh... well, I had this one thing where I'd mix up water, apple cider vinegar, ginger, honey, and a little bit of cayenne and heat it up in the microwave. It tasted... well, tasted pretty bad, honestly, but it kicked my sore throat in one night, so. :P

In the case I have a cold, I'll stick to drinking fluids and I'll usually have a teaspoon of lemon and honey. I'm not sure if it actually works, though that's the remedy I was brought up using.

I find some tea or egg drop soup helps with my sore throats.  Making egg drop soup is incredibly easy you just need a few ingredients; chicken broth, eggs and maybe sesame oil.  Boil up some chicken broth, beat up some eggs, stir the eggs into the broth, let the eggs cook for a minute or two and you're done just add a little bit of sesame oil if you have it.  Always makes me feel better and it's great for colder months too!!!:grin:

Cough medicine with salty licorice flavor is my absolute favorite! :ticking: Some of those taste so nice you almost forget they're supposed to be medicine. And the same applies to some cough drops. :nom: I use the former more, though!

• Brohoof 3