Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony.fm Anticipation Thread

Ezynell

I'm sure you've all heard of Pony.FM (if not look up at the transitioning slides), if you have no idea what it is, it's a "website built to host pony fan music, from all the wonderful brony composers, remixers, and musicians out there" created by our wonderful host, Feld0. Post your anticipations, hopes, and features that you would like here.

What I'm hoping is that it will be a completely customization socially connected pony network, with the ability to follow artists, create collaborations, have a rating system compiled into it, be able to link to livestreams, support music videos, have download links, and... wow, that's pretty much it, with the additional hope that it attracts some large names at it's launch. Oh, and it needs a way to support the artist without us having to pay for music ;).

• Brohoof 7

I'm thinking that it has the same feature as EQbeats.org

The only thing wrong with eqbeats is that it lacks publicity. Brony musicians are getting fewer and fewer attention these days. Such is why I quit music making for a while.

I'm thinking that it has the same feature as EQbeats.org

The only thing wrong with eqbeats is that it lacks publicity. Brony musicians are getting fewer and fewer attention these days. Such is why I quit music making for a while.

Just checked that website out and it has nothing near what I'm expecting out of Pony.FM. No social interaction, not many active members, not much comments by the active members, and the most popular musician I could find was Yelling At Cats. And he didn't seem to have any comments on any of his music. Plus the streaming was rather slow and there was very little room for customization.

(edited)

Just checked that website out and it has nothing near what I'm expecting out of Pony.FM. No social interaction, not many active members, not much comments by the active members, and the most popular musician I could find was Yelling At Cats. And he didn't seem to have any comments on any of his music. Plus the streaming was rather slow and there was very little room for customization.

EQbeats was made for that. Music and social interactions. But it seems the the ponies at EQbeats dont do much. My speculation for this is that EQbeats lacks publicity and yeah.. very little attention to new Brony musicians.

Also, I dont know if its your internet or the website, but EQbeats streams fast here. It immediately plays when I click the play button. :/

Edited by Arkane

EQbeats was made for that. Music and social interactions. But it seems the the ponies at EQbeats dont do much. My speculation for this is that EQbeats lacks publicity and yeah.. very little attention to new Brony musicians.

Also, I dont know if its your internet or the website, but EQbeats streams fast here. It immediately plays when I click the play button. :/

Actually, It's probably my internet. I'm downloading near 5 large files through steam right now, so yea... But I have much more confidence in Feld0 creating a successful social music hub than anyone else.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not going to draw any direct comparisons to EQBeats for the sake of gracious professionalism, but I can tell you that promotion of Pony.fm's artists and social interaction will be a major focus. I've also got a senior web developer from Hasbro (that's right!) and a professional designer who are going to work on the site's final design, and a partnership with Everfree Radio. Two high-end servers, one on each coast, are going to host it.

Another thing... Pony.fm has all the muscle of MLP Forums behind it, and I have a few special connections I could potentially use to really get it out there. The two sites are going to share the same user accounts, so Pony.fm will have around 2000 registered users right at launch.

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

Actually, It's probably my internet. I'm downloading near 5 large files through steam right now, so yea... But I have much more confidence in Feld0 creating a successful social music hub than anyone else.

Agreed. With its affiliations with this site, there's no doubt that a massive following will be made in a matter of days.

Atleast my fears for the future of brony music has lessened knowing that there are still people interested in brony music.

nvm. feld0 ninja'd the answer.

Edited by Arkane

I'm not going to draw any direct comparisons to EQBeats for the sake of gracious professionalism, but I can tell you that promotion of Pony.fm's artists and social interaction will be a major focus. I've also got a senior web developer from Hasbro (that's right!) and a professional designer who are going to work on the site's final design, and a partnership with Everfree Radio. Two high-end servers, one on each coast, are going to host it.

Another thing... Pony.fm has all the muscle of MLP Forums behind it, and I have a few special connections I could potentially use to really get it out there. The two sites are going to share the same user accounts, so Pony.fm will have around 2000 registered users right at launch.

My doubt has been vanquished. All of the none that was already there. Wow, Feld0, already working with the actual team. Wanna know what would be amazing? Getting Tara Strong, or Ashleigh Ball in there for a livestream or something promotional like that. With members from Hasbro and Everfree Radio, your already close. I gotta start producing music if I wanna keep up my brony name around here.

Also, getting some stuff out there to Seth, MicTheMicrophone, JackleApp, UnderPony, SJAlexS and such wouldn't hurt. Especially if you convinced them to do promotion videos.

Also, getting some stuff out there to Seth, MicTheMicrophone, JackleApp, UnderPony, SJAlexS and such wouldn't hurt. Especially if you convinced them to do promotion videos.

My only concern with this is that the attention for the newer generation will be shunned by those who are already at the top. Thus making it harder for the newer ones to gain following. But let's hope that that doesn't happen.

My only concern with this is that the attention for the newer generation will be shunned by those who are already at the top. Thus making it harder for the newer ones to gain following. But let's hope that that doesn't happen.

I don't see that happening on YouTube, where the producers currently reside. I doubt it will happen here either, but I may be getting a tad overexcited.

Someone give Feld0 a lollipop, a cup of tea and your first born son...I think he's earned it :o

*waits patiently for pony.fm*

I've only had four daughters so far, but I'm still hoping to make a son in order to sacrifice it to Feld0.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not going to draw any direct comparisons to EQBeats for the sake of gracious professionalism

Hey, EqBeats admin here.

You know, our goals aren't opposed. We could work side by side: you focus on publicity and we work on the backend.

You can easily integrate EqBeats inside Pony.FM; integration is one of our primary goals.

Concerning FLAC, EqBeats initally used that, but from experience we can tell nor artists nor users (except audiophiles) want that.

We're open to collaboration, keep that in mind.

• Brohoof 1

Hey, EqBeats admin here.

You know, our goals aren't opposed. We could work side by side: you focus on publicity and we work on the backend.

You can easily integrate EqBeats inside Pony.FM; integration is one of our primary goals.

Concerning FLAC, EqBeats initally used that, but from experience we can tell nor artists nor users (except audiophiles) want that.

We're open to collaboration, keep that in mind.

From my understanding, it is not compulsory, but the backend will convert so when an artist uploads one file, the users could make a choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everypony (Feld0 in particular xD)

I've been wondering about what progress Pony.fm has been making recently. It seems the same as it was like a month ago, but I'm sure deeper into the website there are many changes being made.

So here's my question:

Is there a place where the progress on the website is reported? Or some sort of changelog? This seems like it would be a very cool site and I'm excited to jump into it later :D

Thanks

the Phony Brony

I've been wondering about what progress Pony.fm has been making recently. It seems the same as it was like a month ago, but I'm sure deeper into the website there are many changes being made.

So here's my question:

Is there a place where the progress on the website is reported? Or some sort of changelog? This seems like it would be a very cool site and I'm excited to jump into it later :D

Thanks

the Phony Brony

He would probably update it on his status, I know right now its just allot of programming last I heard, im sure he will keep us posted

Every time I speak to Feld0 he is working hard on adding main features to the website. I'm sure when push comes to shove Feld0 will make a big announcement post about the progress. It's looking pretty good so far and I am looking forward to the results as well.

So here's my question:

Thanks

the Phony Brony

You're absolutely right. Pony.fm's landing page has hardly changed, but I've put countless hours into developing the site over the past couple of weeks. There's a functional file server API now, a track uploader that resembles YouTube's video uploader, tagging tools, and a few other goodies.

It's been on a slight hiatus this week because I have a pile of schoolwork to slog through, but it's most definitely still in active development. Sometimes, I tease details about it in our Skype group - you might catch a sneak-peek at something there if you're lucky. ;)

He would probably update it on his status, I know right now its just allot of programming last I heard, im sure he will keep us posted

I looked at it, I see some updates. *Facehoof* How am I so blind?

Every time I speak to Feld0 he is working hard on adding main features to the website. I'm sure when push comes to shove Feld0 will make a big announcement post about the progress. It's looking pretty good so far and I am looking forward to the results as well.

Yeah from what I can gather he's doing a lot of stuff and putting in lots of personal time into this. Cool!

You're absolutely right. Pony.fm's landing page has hardly changed, but I've put countless hours into developing the site over the past couple of weeks. There's a functional file server API now, a track uploader that resembles YouTube's video uploader, tagging tools, and a few other goodies.

It's been on a slight hiatus this week because I have a pile of schoolwork to slog through, but it's most definitely still in active development. Sometimes, I tease details about it in our Skype group - you might catch a sneak-peek at something there if you're lucky. ;)

Oh my goodness! See? PonyFM updated right here! xDD This is going to be much more professional than some other places I've seen, based on the features you mentioned. That and the place isn't even finished yet :D

The skype group... I need to get added :P

Awesome! Thank you Feld0 and everypony else for clearing this up!

the Phony Brony

Im just waiting....for that fateful day when ezynell DOESN'T post in green. It'll happen....Im watching you ezynell...im watching you... http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

And relate to the thread, im just excited for a cleaner version of synchtube to be honest! Can't wait!