Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pick a Flaw - S4E18 Maud Pie

Doctor XFizzle

72 users have voted

1. 1. What is your TOP complaint/dislike from today's episode?

• Pinkie Pie focus
    • Mane Six's interactions with Maud
    • Maud Pie herself
    • Boring episode
    • Pinkie's attempt to friend everyone together
    • The ending
    • Lack of proper journal entry/moral kinda
    • Other (explain)

S4E13 - Simple Ways: Trenderhoof (18 votes)

S4E14 - Filli Vanilli: Pinkie Pie's Behavior (54 votes)

S4E15 - Twilight Time: Other (13 votes)

S4E16 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies: Mane Six breezification (26 votes)

S4E17 - Somepony to Watch Over Me: Applejack's overprotection (16 votes)

If you had just ONE top reason as to why you disliked the episode or thought was a flaw of the episode, which was it?

NOTE: This topic doesn't mean we hate the episode or the show, it's merely a point of discussion to talk about the episode in a different way. 

• Brohoof 1

I loved pretty much everything about this episode, so I'm going to put my vote in for Other because it'd have been nice to find out Maud's cutie mark. The clothes obscured it throughout the episode, and I think a cutie mark tells a great deal about somepony.

• Brohoof 8

I'd have to say other for the same reason Flipturn did. We didn't see Maud's cutie mark. That bothered me, since they're such an integral part of a pony's identity.

Otherwise, good episode about how not everyone has a lot in common with everyone else.

I didn't see any major flaws on my first viewing, so I can't say right now. I loved Maud as a character, because she breaks stereotyping like many others on the show do, and was so emotionless it was intriguing (Is that even possible?). Unlike last week's episode, this is how you enter the show's writing staff with a bang. This episode falls under my LOVED IT! category and I doubt that will change on subsequent viewings, so yea no big flaws yet.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Picking none defeats the purpose of the topic

"If you had just ONE top reason as to why you disliked the episode or thought was a flaw of the episode, which was it?"

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

"If you had just ONE top reason as to why you disliked the episode or thought was a flaw of the episode, which was it?"

Pinkie's enthusiasm might bug some people, but to me it's not a big deal at all

I loved pretty much everything about this episode, so I'm going to put my vote in for Other because it'd have been nice to find out Maud's cutie mark. The clothes obscured it throughout the episode, and I think a cutie mark tells a great deal about somepony.

Yeah, it's no doubt a rock but it'd be cool to see what it actually looks like. :P

No, it doesn't, it answers the question and the people that do have complaints can vote accordingly. A none option shows how many people had no complaints whatsoever.

Edited by Grumpy Enchantress
  • Brohoof 3

I choose the mane six's interaction with maud

Now to what I like:

The part was when Maud showed off boulder

Is it a mouse! Is it a bird! Is it a butterfly

no, Its a rock.....

Also when Pinkie pie can picked up the giant rock:

I guess pinkie pie is the hulk!

I'm torn on this one. If I had to choose one thing, it would have to be that Maud's personality kinda sucked the joy out of some scenes. Thing is though, I understand why she acts like this because they were trying to show the polar difference between Pinkie and her sister, and I ended up liking Maud because of that difference. I can't fault them for that, so while it bugged me in the long run, I wouldn't call it a colossal flaw.

Decent episode. Not Pinkie Pride great, but certainly not Rainbow Falls terrible.

Maud Pie > Overrated Celebrity Guest Star Episode. Just saying :D

I'm just gonna put what I saw upwards a bit and say we didn't get to see her cutie mark :D

Maud Pie is one of my favorite characters of the show, though. This episode pretty much just kicked all kinds of ass :D

• Brohoof 2

That was... kind of... you know... the point.

Except that it wasn't done well.  So much time is spent focusing on Maud that we end up being bored with her.  If the point was to show a character that is a stark contrast with Pinkie and has trouble bonding with her friends, the same thing could have been accomplished with this character:

octavia__mlp_fim_by_atomicgreymon-d3g6tt

She is a fan favorite that many speculate is a sister of Pinkie Pie, and her fannon personality could easily prevent her from bonding with Pinkie's friends.

• Brohoof 1