Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How come nopony has an earth pony OC?

Colorful Respawn

There are few who have Earth Ponies as their pony personas or OCs.

I think it's because Earth Ponies don't really do much. ^^"

This is me, but I want my pony persona/OC to be able to do something besides be a pony.

Like, fly or use magic.

Hey, it's awesome.

But...that's just me. ^^

I have an Earth Pony myself, as existent in my signature. And yes, he was originally designed as a self-insert before developing into his own character. Should probably get to work on making his design more original eventually...

I think the main reason people don't find Earth ponies appealing is that they're more of a lower ground, arguably the "inferior" form of pony, compared to flying, magic, and even both. Who wants to be an Earth pony when your horn can shoot LAZARZ?

I don’t have an earth pony, because I don’t feel like I’m so grounded and I want metaphorical to fly. I do also a lot daydreaming, which kinda is like hanging around in clouds. Earth ponies feels for me more like hard-working, down to earth. However this is not really what I am, I’m easy distracted and let myself blow away. I also feel like, for being myself, I just have to spread my wings and fly in the sky. (Maybe I think like this, because if I think my dreams are like mountain climbing, this sounds kinda harsh, I however believe that it shouldn’t feel to harsh to reach my dreams, more like a steady ongoing, which I think is more represent through flying, than climbing.) 

I liked also the magic of unicorns, but it didn’t feel that matching either to my personality I think. 

XD However, what I should say is, that in real life I have fear of height. And the same time, I think flying would be a cool ability and I sometimes have the desire, I could do that. 

My first OC Monkshood is an Earth Pony. In addition, I actually find the lack of overt abilities within Earth Ponies allows an OC's personality to actually shine through more. This is especially true with many Unicorns as people tend to focus on what their magic can do rather than who they are.

To be totally honest, for me and me only here, I like mine to have a bit of show. The wings do that for me. Big and showy. Having and earth pony or unicorn just don't really suit that characteristic for me. (Though, I suppose, that probably makes me sound a bit shallow. Don't talk much about the personality of mine, but it's more about that first impression.)

Though I will say this much. After learning a bit more about earth ponies and their abilities, they may not be as flashy as pegasus or magic-throwing as unicorns, but they can be darned impressive in their own right.

• Brohoof 1

Well earth ponies are dumb

instead of making a earth pony i am making a Zebra and Deer OC the deer is almost done plus their more fun to draw.

If your gonna make a OC without wings or a horn might as well make a Zebra or a Deer.  :P.

Earth Ponies are not dumb! D:<

My character Galatea is an Earth Pony. She's an engineer, from the future! And in my own opinion, I say she's just as good as any Pegasi or Unicorn character. She has no need for wings, or a horn; she's skilled enough with her hooves, as I believe some Earth Ponies to be, depending on their special talent (and the ability to fly is so overrated).

Thank you! Yes earth ponies aren't dumb. Just because you have magic or flight doesn't mean you get to pick on us. :P

Exactly; are AJ, Pinkie, Big Mac, Dr. Whooves, Cheese Sandwich, and Maud dumb?

Edited by Anti-Villain

Probably because alot of people just don't think Earth Ponies are as much fun. They'd rather see a pony who can either fly or do magic cuz they think it's cooler that way. Same reason why people prefer super heroes with powers over ones that don't have powers. But Earth Ponies can be cool too. And I think my OCs are living proof of that fact if I do say so myself. I've actually made more than one Earth Pony OC.
http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/crimson-katana-r5864
http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/nimble-blade-r6078

They are very largely Rurouni Kenshin based if that was not obvious already. Top one is Kenshin Himura based, bottom one is Saito Hajime based.

Edited by Asbel Lhant

I actually admire anyone who chooses to use an Earth Pony OC over magic slinging unicorns and soaring pegasi. . The only reason my main(mane?) oc is a unicorn is because I don't think I would fit as an Earth pony, given that their two defining characteristics are usually a connection to the earth or physical strength of some kind, both of which I lack. But I have just as many Earth Pony OC's as Pegasi and Unicorns, and if I could ever find someone running a pony tabletop, I would likely choose an Earth Pony over the other races. 

Edited by PoisonClaw

I was insulted for having an earth pony oc so I changed.

Well, f*** whomever did said insulting.

I agree. You should make what *YOU* feel most comfortable, satisfied, and are most happy with. If someone else doesn't like it, screw them. It's THEIR problem and *opinion*, not yours. Besides, this is YOUR pony, not someone elses. You make it how you want. Simple as that.

Same view I take towards art. (As long as it's not vulgar or meant to be insulting to others) at the end of the day, it all boils down to you creating something that *YOU* like, that *YOU* enjoy, that *YOU* have a passion for. If other people like it, great! That's icing on the cake. If not, forget them. You're making this for >>>YOU<<< first and foremost. Not anyone else.

But hey, that's just my 2 cent's worth on the topic.

Yeah man! Because Batman is awesome, without any powers! 

True, and flippin' intimidating too. o___o

I think if I were to choose to meet anyone from the Marvel or DC universe to meet, I'd be terrified if it was Batman. Sure he doesn't kill, but he can sure scare the crap outta you with extremely little effort. (...well... as long as it's not the 1960's version.)

Edited by Dx121

I actually have several that I keep as side characters for my stories:

Robbed Hood

Sugar Cube

Lady Élire (Of no relation to Asterian.)

Just to name three.

Edited by Asterian Starfall

True, and flippin' intimidating too. o___o

I think if I were to choose to meet anyone from the Marvel or DC universe to meet, I'd be terrified if it was Batman. Sure he doesn't kill, but he can sure scare the crap outta you with extremely little effort. (...well... as long as it's not the 1960's version.)

Even if he doesn't kill, he still maims horribly sometimes, and he's Crazy-Prepared for emergencies.

I used to like Batman...then I ran into the legion of fanboys he has. Apparently, Batman can beat Spiderman. Nevermind that Spiderman is a bullet timer, can throw cars, snap steel bars in half, has webbing, and precognition.

You know Killer Croc? Spiderman is more than 3x as strong as him(3 tonner vs 10 tonner)

I used to like Batman...then I ran into the legion of fanboys he has. Apparently, Batman can beat Spiderman. Nevermind that Spiderman is a bullet timer, can throw cars, snap steel bars in half, has webbing, and precognition.

You know Killer Croc? Spiderman is more than 3x as strong as him(3 tonner vs 10 tonner)

Please don't start a superhero flame war

• Brohoof 2