Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How come nopony has an earth pony OC?

Colorful Respawn

@,

That picture wasn't by me but by a good friend of mine. I do draw though and I've done her a few times (no, I don't use bases lol)

This is my best drawing of her ^_^

sunny_caramel_oc__newly_inspired__by_gda

Could you draw my OC? Or do you not take requests? I'll PM you the details

• Brohoof 1

I almost made my OC an earth pony, but I thought that the "he wants to show Equestria that you don't need wings or magic to become successful!" backstory would've been too ridiculous, so I scrapped it and gave him a horn. No offense to anyone who has used this backstory, I'm sure they can pull it off much better than me.

Edited by Mars Brownie

@@Malinter,

Not really. She's just one Earth Pony and both AJ and Pinkie were flipping ball when they saw that. If it was common, they wouldn't be so shocked. It's clear that Maud is just really special and it's not an inherent Earth Pony trait.  

@@Malinter,

Not really. She's just one Earth Pony and both AJ and Pinkie were flipping ball when they saw that. If it was common, they wouldn't be so shocked. It's clear that Maud is just really special and it's not an inherent Earth Pony trait.  

I did say 'some' in my post. After all lets not forget, Rarity did lift Tom after all so its possible for unicorns or pegesi to be just as strong. but so far in strength we've seen two uber-strong earth ponies in Mac and Maud.

Edited by Malinter

@@Malinter,

Mac's strength is gag based, sometimes he can pull a house, other times he struggles with a cake. Hell, there was a point when he was exhausted after lifting some saddle bags that AJ could carry with ease.

There's also RD being AJ's equal when they arm wrestle 

• Brohoof 1

@@Malinter,

Mac's strength is gag based, sometimes he can pull a house, other times he struggles with a cake. Hell, there was a point when he was exhausted after lifting some saddle bags that AJ could carry with ease.

There's also RD being AJ's equal when they arm wrestle 

yeah, arm wrestle, its AJ's hind legs that are her strength, not her front legs

Well earth ponies are dumb

instead of making a earth pony i am making a Zebra and Deer OC the deer is almost done plus their more fun to draw.

If your gonna make a OC without wings or a horn might as well make a Zebra or a Deer.  :P.

Edited by Moonlight7Starshine

TBH, im not too crazy about Earth Ponies.   My OC is a Pegasus b/c i've always been fond of Greek Mythology as well as the ability to fly, :D

@,

I have it backwards myself, mostly for reasons the NC outlined

@@Malinter,  

That just makes matters worse. Only one consistently strong Earth Pony(Mac's strength varies and AJ's is only in her back legs). Compare that to Rarity, who's rather average for a unicorn, but can still move around hundreds of objects. Fluttershy is a weak/average flyer when not enraged but she'd still make an Earth Pony look like a fool.

The problem is that only the best Earth Ponies(Maud) can stand up to averages of the other races and they look like tools compared to the elites of the other races(Twilight and the Wonderbolts)

It's mainly due to how..... unseen earth pony magic is. Each pony type has a natural magic that influences it physically;

Earth ponies are physically stronger and tougher than pegasus and unicorns.

Pegs are held aloft despite the scientific fact their wings shouldn't be able to hold their weight and allows them to work with the clouds and weather (i.e. using clouds as their "ground" or kicking clouds to make them disappear)

Unicorns are able to handle the weight and toll of magic better

Alicorns have a combination of all three types' magics.