Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Magic Twinkle

I wanted to dedicate this thread to YOU. You people are awesome.

When I registered at Equestria Forever, I knew it was a fairly big forum and I was working my reputation higher there, but lately I felt the magic was gone so I just left (not without goodbye's though!) and registered here. And I have to say, I absolutely LOVE this site! It is so much more active I can hardly keep up with the action. On that forum it was basically possible to stay with the activity stream but here it is impossible.

The people here are nice, too. Of course I'm not saying people were horrible on that site (I gotta give probs for the site for offering me so many nice friends for my loneliness), but at times there was a lot of drama. Even if it happened here, it could be pretty minor as the activity level is high, it would just sink in. I've been friendless for pretty much my whole life, and seeing as I'm unable to get friends easily in real life, internet is my comfort and particularly this forum (and EqF). I've made so many friends I'd gladly share time with...

And when I shared my art there, people hardly noticed it, of course, with clearly less people and activity, but here, only here do I understand how much people appreciate my work! I've been here for only a bit longer than a week and I already have plenty of brohoofs! My art thread was also marked "popular" shortly after, which was unexpected for me. And now that I received feedback, some people said they would even PAY for my work, which was even more unexpected, leaving me speechless. How could I, the unknown hobbyist receive so much feedback so easily? All thanks go for this site.

Sure, there are a lot better artists out there but this is just the change I needed. During my time in EqF I felt a bit depressed and annoyed at multiple times, to say the least, and now that I left the site, I feel much more lightier and happier, like as if a heavy load was removed from my shoulders. I don't know for sure, but it might be the site itself caused the pain, and now that I left, I'm much more happier. This also makes it easier to be here.

Like I noted above, the people here are very kind. This is probably the first forum I actually enjoy my time on (although this site is obviously optimized for down to 13 year olds, forcing a good atmosphere). But still, I have absolutely NO idea what awaits me on this site. Being a casual art hobbyist and a lazy gamer I'm hardly noticed anywhere, or paid attention on. Here, on this very site, all kinds of opinions and feedback arise. I like that.

I want to say it one more time, thank you. Thanks for this awesome site and keep it up! Let's make friends, not war! :)

• Brohoof 17

Because pony forums are so manestream. :fiery:

Oh a wise guy eh? You'd make a fine henchpony. Stop by the shampoo factory sometime, I'll squeeze in an interview for ya. :muffins:

I think I am very fortunate as I looked for forums right after watching the show for a couple nights and this was the first one I saw and I signed up for it. I think how great this forum is allowed me to immerse myself in the fandom more rather than living on the fringe.

• Brohoof 1

Stop by the shampoo factory sometime, I'll squeeze in an interview for ya.

Made me think of this

Puns aren't funny mayor.

edit: aw, doesn't seem to include the time skip. It's supposed to start at 2:34

Edited by Nine

Yea, there is some drama here from time to time, but I have grown accustom to this site and love it, most of the people I have meant here are amazing, and it usually (at least to me) has a down home feel to it, which I love! :lol:

I've only been here for maybe two weeks or so, and it's my first mlp fan forum, but I really enjoy it here

I love the way it's set up and the people seem pretty cool for the most part

haven't really made any real pals yet, but everything takes time

all and all, I'm happy here and try to post at least once a day  :D

I have to admit, after all of the drama that has occurred here over the past few months I can get very used to it easily. I am always happy that I was lucky enough to join this site. :D

I gotta say. This place rocks. The mauds are nice and of quartz they'll be boulder than us standing up to stone the anti bronies. Some sites can be a lot more harder on their clients. But not these mauds. Their like maud and we're like pinkie pie just without the rock candy.

, hiya :D. I've moved your thread over to our Feedback section, since that's the best place to talk about the forums and how you're feeling about them. I'm so happy that you're liking the environment and that you've made friends here :). One of the real pleasures of hanging around this place for a while is seeing all sorts of very different people come together and connect over common interests that they didn't even know they had. Hope you're able to keep getting the feedback that you need for your art, and that the forums keep their magic for you :).

• Brohoof 1

It's sad you're saying all the stuff like " that site ". All the comparing, overall.

Both this and our forum have their charms. You're being awfully public about it, which isn't exactly fair, as you're giving bad reputation to a diffrent forum. So, since it's public...

but lately I felt the magic was gone so I just left (not without goodbye's though!)

You left. Yeah. Said goodbye as well. But you were dramatic about it.

there was a lot of drama. Even if it happened here, it could be pretty minor as the activity level is high

Lot of drama ? There was fairly ONE, and it never concerned you (unless there was drama I never knew about, concerning you), so what's the problem ? Drama is everywhere, but as you said, it would sink in the amount of activity and users.

During my time in EqF I felt a bit depressed and annoyed at multiple times, to say the least, and now that I left the site, I feel much more lightier and happier, like as if a heavy load was removed from my shoulders. I don't know for sure, but it might be the site itself caused the pain, and now that I left, I'm much more happier.

I'm happy you're happy. Hope you stay like that here. But, nobody really knew why you were 24/7 annoyed and depressed. Unless you told someone, but that's not our problem.

I could understand that you wanted to be a mod there, but I gave you legit reasons to why you shouldn't be one. Everyone probably secretly want to. Hell, I also would love to be one, but lack of time I spend on studies doesn't let me.

I hate to break the happy party here, but Vinyl, you're not being fair towards us, to talk s$#t about our forum we still love. I wanted to talk about this, maybe help you... your leaving reasons, reasons you're annoyed and stuff, but you ignored my PM. That's the truth.

tldr: Don't talk bad stuff about EqF on diffrent forums when it's clearly not our fault.

PS: Vinyl, stop using Evermore, our Forum pony if you dislike EqF. It's simply ironic.

Edited by Nina
  • Brohoof 2

tldr: Don't talk bad stuff about EqF on diffrent forums when it's clearly not our fault.

PS: Vinyl, stop using Evermore, our Forum pony if you dislike EqF. It's simply ironic.

At least I didn't directly say the site sucks, you know. And I can use Evermore if I want to.

Now leave me alone please, it feels like you're haunting me.

At least I didn't directly say the site sucks, you know. And I can use Evermore if I want to.

I don't plan to haunt you in the very least, no.

Yeah, you can use Evermore, because I won't make you change avatar. Just don't get the point, since

Evermore means nothing to You.

Also, you said indirectly that the site sucks. We've never said a bad word about any diffrent forum, so you don't start this tradition.

Edited by Nina
  • Brohoof 1

I don't plan to haunt you in the very least, no.

Yeah, you can use Evermore, because I won't make you change avatar. Just don't get the point, since

Evermore means nothing to You.

Also, you said indirectly that the site sucks. We've never said a bad word about any diffrent forum, so you don't start this tradition.

If you wanna keep annoying me, you're doing it right.

And here you are, exposing EqF even more.