Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst Online Experiences?

TheChosenPony

/PUNCHES WALL ANGRILY

One word: NEOPETS.

I was a loyal member for ten years of my life, and they froze my account for absolutely no reason. I followed all the rules. I never spammed, I never cursed. I just hung out on the guilds. I worked so hard on that stupid account, and I lost everything. Damn, even just typing this is making my anger rise.

Before you all laugh, it's like you've collected every achievement, bought all the DLC, and got retired items/weapons in a game. Then your file was erased.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Okay a Animal jam moment (yes I still play AJ 

anyway so me and my best mate on aj got into a huge argument something and whatever I said it was true and all that (I thought it was at first anyway)  it went crazy and you know....

I was only around 11 at the time I know the stuff is not true but still makes me weirdly scared of Webkinz...

It took a while for that argument to fade and I regret it....I'm sorry mate...

/PUNCHES WALL ANGRILY

One word: NEOPETS.
I was a loyal member for ten years of my life, and they froze my account for absolutely no reason. I followed all the rules. I never spammed, I never cursed. I just hung out on the guilds. I worked so hard on that stupid account, and I lost everything. Damn, even just typing this is making my anger rise.

Before you all laugh, it's like you've collected every achievement, bought all the DLC, and got retired items/weapons in a game. Then your file was erased.

I may not of been banned but that just really gets on my nerves trust me... 

Edited by Everleaf

YouTube actually, I would get very disappointed when my favourite videos get deleted, so I would have to go looking for a replacement somewhere, or try to remember the name of the lost video, it would make me very frustrated when I can't locate a replacement, now I save to real player before they get removed, but before that it was depressing to see my favourite songs or videos deleted, and I have been with YouTube since October 2006.

• Brohoof 1

I got doxxed (people spread my location, address, other info on different sites) because I wouldn't write someone's name on my ass.

So yeah...Threats to get hacked because I would send nudes to a Vv3 hacking member.

Also, some old man on skype said he was going to "cut off my head then f*** me." it wasn't great. good thing my skype doesn't have my picture of actual local and shit.

and OF COURSE guys send nudes... without me asking. but I just ignore that.

I think the saddest part is your response in the comments. It was just as bad as the video:

"Fucking fag. Leave the forums and just go kill yourself you autist bitch. Gahh. No one wants you here, so fuck off into the sunset."

Saying that to another member on the forums would get you an instant ban.

• Brohoof 2

I think the saddest part is your response in the comments. It was just as bad as the video:

"Fucking fag. Leave the forums and just go kill yourself you autist bitch. Gahh. No one wants you here, so fuck off into the sunset."

Saying that to another member on the forums would get you an instant ban.

He trolled me, I trolled back :\

Fought fire with fire, so to speak. I admittedly feel guilty about it,  but anger got the best of me :\

Way back in 2011 I made the mistake of going on tumblr to try to argue against the censorship of opinions against LGBTBBQ. I did not support their opinions, but a large amount of people had begun to try to get a petition going, to make it illegal to both speak against gay marriage in any sort of way, and make it illegal to be "anti-progressive". Needless to say, such an Orwellian idea struck me as incredibly dangerous, not just for the opponents to gay marriage, but to those that would put such a bill in place. I then was "educated" on how the first amendment should not protect those who speak out against what the majority labels as progress, or government decisions. I have not returned to tumblr since, and the horror stories I hear keep me far from it. 

I've had an unfortunate habit of picking forums in the past that end up having terrible moderation. This place is one of the few where I've never had a problem with anybody. 

The moderators on the Primal Carnage forums are the trashiest I've ever seen. They constantly lock threads whenever it goes in a direction they don't like, even if the subject isn't against the rules, they patrol the forum thinking they're ALWAYS right and anybody who dares have an opinion to contrast theirs gets flamed and ridiculed without end. The moderators only make their friends moderators, a lot of whom are completely unqualified for the job. Oh, and the best one, when they made this blatant troll a subscriber who then spilled a bunch of development stage ideas that were going to be implemented into the game. The guy got banned by the Devs, and the best part was he didn't even pay for his own subscription! The moderators, who had been his friends, had paid his subscription so that he could get special access. 

The moderators of Michael-Myers.net aren't much better. They turn a blind eye to vet members who constantly cause problems just because the vet members are vet members and their friends. But, they treat noob members like trash, constantly lock/delete threads or posts because they don't want to moderate them, and generally do nothing helpful for the Board. They're pretty much moderators in name only, who abuse their powers simply because they can. 

And finally, on Jurassic Park Legacy, where I used to Admin, I was utterly betrayed! I put in a lot of work for that wbesite, releasing tons of content, advertising for it with my friends at comic con at our own expense, and defending it and preventing it from getting into two flame wars. The unfortunate side was, the co-webmaster never liked me much and constantly impeded me wherever I tried to fix something staff side. Eventually, I retired because I was sick of the moderators not doing their jobs and bad things would have happened to those moderators had I stayed. Within a week of my retirement, I was betrayed and banned for a week by the two moderators I very nearly fired. I come back, try to get into the swing of things, when the topic of the circumstances that led the forum to become the way it had in recent months comes up. I make a comment saying that I had felt partially responsible for the way things were going down on that forum, and the co-webmaster perma-bans me and started spewing a bunch of lies about me with no way to defend myself; calling me a spammer, a troll, and a general pain in his ass all because I tried to make sure that the moderators weren't trying to ban away their problems (which has been precisely what they've been doing). The other Admins can't even do anything about it because he's the co-webmaster and the webmaster has retired and no longer involves himself in these type of issues. 

He trolled me, I trolled back :\

Fought fire with fire, so to speak. I admittedly feel guilty about it,  but anger got the best of me :\

Still, that's bad enough. If that were in real life and you said that, he would've socked you right in the jaw. 

Still, that's bad enough. If that were in real life and you said that, he would've socked you right in the jaw.

Can't say I wouldn't have done the same to him, though,  given he slandered me publicly unprovoked.  That stuff could destroy my whole reputation.

Also, I left a much nicer comment before that,  but after he and his friends cussed me on that some,  I deleted it and said that :\

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Can't say I wouldn't have done the same to him, though,  given he slandered me publicly unprovoked.  That stuff could destroy my whole reputation.

Also, I left a much nicer comment before that,  but after he and his friends cussed me on that some,  I deleted it and said that :\

"The only winning move is not to play"

The last thing you should do at all to such a blatant bait video like that is to reply to it.  Edited by Adjudant Reflex
  • Brohoof 4

Let's just say, I made a guild on one game, got an online gf, I end up giving the wrong people officer positions, they get big heads and cause problems for me and my gf, I end up not defending her enough, she ends up developing an inferiority complex, and I later get dumped with a dying guild D:

Did I mention that until then, my guild was the 2nd most successful guild for a short time?

Well that's the bad troll for you. It's sad how people think that being cool=cussing, which is in fact being totally rude. 

• Brohoof 3

Well that's the bad troll for you. It's sad how people think that being cool=cussing, which is in fact being totally rude.

Yeahh. I was too harsh,  and I was a huge dick about it -_-

He's still just as much in the wrong as I am, though,  don't forget. Wish I hadn't responded -_-

(edited)

Being forced to fight hackers and exploiters and lagswitchers during online games.

Unfortunately, It completely ruins the game.. and hackers were rampant and in a lot of online games nowadays.

Edited by rabodo

Play a game called Habbo Hotel sometime. I play it just for the hell of it. I have a friend in Colorado I met on there. It's good for that kinda stuff. Said friend has become one of my best friends. But really, people will try to roleplay, and they are BAD. They'll do some wierd-ass RP, and their style... It's horrifying. Example.

So'n'So: "*He would turn around, and stare down at his hand, which was made to be indestructible* i...am...impossible!!!!"

It's horrifying.

My worst online experience was this obscure forum called MLPForums because it has a bunch of judgmental people and the Admins don't care when people post that "All women should be housewives". Ultimately said place is full of favoritism and it's hard to see just how bad it is until you have a negative experience with it yourself.

(edited)

Well I'm an admin on the my little remix forum. When my "boss" Circuitfry started up some activities first with the DWM movement and then later with a DWM 2.0 after John Joseco's APM was taken down I was very saddened to see him embrace such a call for censorship. So we did what we normally do, we talked about it a bit on the forum and I argued that its important to not censor art or counter opinions, to see that art and virtual ponies are not the same as real victims (who are worth protecting), to not continue this a call for a community cleansing, and that its important to not cause widespread drama in a community you care for. So what happened? I got ip banned w/o a discussion because he disagreed with my views.

Luckily i got reinstated by the other moderators after there was an outcry, he left of his own accord (he hadn't been on the forums for months tbh so we were already running it without him), and he later pulled down the balloon party bandcamp as well to distance himself from the forum. Things have chilled out a LITTLE since then as we've avoided each other but I can't say it'll every feel the same positive way about my time there after that long series of events.  It's funny how someone who is a social justice warrior doesn't see that it's completley hypocritical to abuse their own power (just like Princess Molestia) over others or see that as harmful to others. 

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

After 5 years of effort on Neopets (and like a month after finally getting a Royal Shoryu) back in 05, I got perma-banned from Neopets, after getting temp banned for 3 days (the perma-ban happened literally right after the 3 days ended) for proving their admins made a rather large mistake. Guess that site is run by toddlers, who can't handle being told they screwed up.

Edited by Zhortac

(edited)

This guy (now a banned member of these very forums) made a YouTube video, and at about 1:45 he starts telling people that I think "Rarity is real" and basically painted me as this out-of-touch, bat-shit insane brony who actually believe the ponies are real. 

Saddest thing was, I didn't even know who this dude was until I found this video.

Oh, and here's the video; start at about 1:45.

*snip for space*

Can someone get ahold of me via PM and explain this whole mess? I vaguly recall the name "Moth's Flame" but I don't think I saw the drama go down.

On topic, I have two:

Something I'm sure someone of you have gathered about me: I love Creepypasta and all that kind of stuff. For those of you that don't know, there was once(or maybe still is, I don't know because I just use the Creepypasta wiki now) something like a "hall of fame" blog called Creepypasta.com where the admin posted like the best of the best OC content. 

Well, the site had a forum called "Monolith Forums"(which I'm sure some of you have heard be discuss in the past because of how exceptionally shitty it became and it's abusive mods) the site was good at first, but then I came back from not being there in months and one wrong step basically turned the internet hate machine down on me, even leading up to someone trying to doxx me(and failed miserably, I hope no-one called that poor bastard in Ceder Rapids THEY did doxx thinking it was me). The whole time this mess was going on, not one person defended me and even the mods publicly took part in ragging on me. Like one person contacted me through outside means and asked if I was coming back but that was the only defense of any kind I got. The whole site is dead now because the owner vanished and let it die rather than try to fight a loosing battle cleaning up the shit-hole it had become.  

--------------------------------------------------------------

The other actually ends in me migrated to these forums, and if any of you remember why I came in here acting like deer in headlights and in borderline mental breakdown while begging everyone to help me wash the bad memories off MLP, then is the story that will explain it. I was in a brony group on Facebook. It was a great place to start with, but slowly went down hill. First time the padded room bullshit of banning discussion of anything that might start a fight. By the time it was over there were rules against swearing, bringing up religion(even fictional ones), politics, and a massive pile of other things. 

Next time the rampant faking of mental illness. Half the group suddenly developed split-personalities(one kid no older than 15 claimed to have like five of them) and bullshit and drama to the extent of no-one knowing when someone was really having a breakdown or just attention-seeking. One girl thought she was a re-incarnated goddess or some shit that spoke to magical dragons and would push people other people in break-downs.

Then the reason I left hit. One the regulars confessed to torture and murder. That was the point I made my goodbyes and got the hell of dodge and kind of rambled around no "HQ" in the brony community until I found these forums. I still talk to the couple people from there that are legitimately good(and even both of them has left the group at this point)

Well I'm an admin on the my little remix forum. When my "boss" Circuitfry started up some activities first with the DWM movement and then later with a DWM 2.0 after John Joseco's APM was taken down I was very saddened to see him embrace such a call for censorship. So we did what we normally do, we talked about it a bit on the forum and I argued that its important to not censor art or counter opinions, to see that art and virtual ponies are not the same as real victims (who are worth protecting), to not continue this a call for a community cleansing, and that its important to not cause widespread drama in a community you care for. So what happened? I got ip banned w/o a discussion because he disagreed with my views.

Luckily i got reinstated by the other moderators after there was an outcry, he left of his own accord (he hadn't been on the forums for months tbh so we were already running it without him), and he later pulled down the balloon party bandcamp as well to distance himself from the forum. Things have chilled out a LITTLE since then as we've avoided each other but I can't say it'll every feel the same positive way about my time there after that long series of events.  It's funny how someone who is a social justice warrior doesn't see that it's completley hypocritical to abuse their own power (just like Princess Molestia) over others or see that as harmful to others. The irony.

The thing this pissing me off is that they still hold a grudge against JJ with the blog dead and gone(and have come with bullshit excuses to attack Ask Gaming Princess Luna when it's completely innocuous and innocent. It's even worse because anyone that's actually meant the man claims he's a hell of a good guy without a hurtful bone in his body. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 2

All the antisemitism and ridiculous anti-Israel comments and videos on YouTube. That stuff makes me so angry, I want to blow my top like a malfunctioning water heater.

All the antisemitism and ridiculous anti-Israel comments and videos on YouTube. That stuff makes me so angry, I want to blow my top like a malfunctioning water heater.

And don't forget all the racists and general drecks. I swear, YouTube is where all the worst of humanity conglomerates. It is, however, a great place to troll just because of all the intellectual degenerates that lurk there. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

After 5 years of effort on Neopets (and like a month after finally getting a Royal Shoryu) back in 05, I got perma-banned from Neopets, after getting temp banned for 3 days (the perma-ban happened literally right after the 3 days ended) for proving their admins made a rather large mistake. Guess that site is run by toddlers, who can't handle being told they screwed up.

Ah, I remember being a member of a site called Anti-Neopian and a bunch of members would be trolling the Neopets boards. I remember one guy made an account named "ad0rules" or soemthing, and he got banned just like that xD

Edit: Also, they ban for the stupidest reasons. Like someone would say "would you like some hot cocoa?" or "it sure is hot out" and they would get banned just for using the word hot. I mean, is their target audience preschoolers? :lol:

Edited by Princess of the Sun

Ah, I remember being a member of a site called Anti-Neopian and a bunch of members would be trolling the Neopets boards. I remember one guy made an account named "ad0rules" or soemthing, and he got banned just like that xD

Edit: Also, they ban for the stupidest reasons. Like someone would say "would you like some hot cocoa?" or "it sure is hot out" and they would get banned just for using the word hot. I mean, is their target audience preschoolers? :lol:

I would totally do that, if I could stand that place. They literally gave me five different reasons why they banned me, and ignore me when I point it out. The amount of butthurt is just insane. I still hope that site dies in a fire someday.