S04:E21 - Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3  

329 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

We also learned that if Applejack needs to study, she fresh out of luck. Though how in hoof Rarity can study is beyond me. Learning through fashion?! I know clothes are your thing but no one does that. I was more confused by that method than Dash was by Fluttershy's interpretive play.

I doubt Rarity learns that way, either. She was trying to teach through fashion, or at least, through some visual associations based on clothing. Not the worst way to do it, but Dash doesn't learn visually, that much was obvious.

Applejack said she learned about apples through experience over time. Didn't say how she got the rest of her education. I imagine it was the usual way most ponies do it (she did say she was last in her class to get her cutie mark, so she did attend school), just that she did it the same way that worked for almost every other pony except Dash.

• Brohoof 2

Loved this episode! Pinkie Pie rapping was so awesome! Something I though I would NEVER see on MLP:FIM. But alas! They sure proved me wrong. The way Rainbow Dash learns is also a similar way to how I learn best. I can learn how Twilight taught, but I learn best when I'm multi-tasking. Otherwise I have to run through it like 1000 times before it finally sticks.

the_hub_teases_testing__testing__1__2__3

Edited by Scoots and Dash

Rainbow Dash is awesome in this episode so this episode reminds me in high school long ago when I hated the stupid test in gym class I love doing sports yeah so I didn't do very well on some those stupid test I hated in gym class anyway  this episode was 20/% cooler from  Clouds Dale  soaring high with Derpy Hooves who supports me with the Wonderbolts Academy !

Honestly I thought this episode was pretty stupid. How are we supposed to believe that Rainbow Dash, one of the most obsessive Wonderbolts fangirls out there, knows pretty much nothing about their history? I can understand she used to think reading was lame, but that was before she discovered Daring Do. And since then, she's apparently read more Daring Do than anyone Twilight knows. What would be first on her list after Daring Do though? I would assume anything Wonderbolts related, and a lot of that would be about their history.

And in the episode, we also have proof that books aren't the only medium that Rainbow would use. Movies have been canon since Babs Seed, and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't see movies as something for eggheads. So why wouldn't she be first in line for any movie about the history of the Wonderbolts?

• Brohoof 2

Great lesson - a different learning style is not synonymous with inability to learn.
Also, rapping Pinkie. 
These aspects make this episode my favorite. Hell yes, Dashie.

One of my favorite MLP episodes ever! I can totally relate to Dash in this episode. It's been really hard for me to focus in some of my classes the last few years especially and learning (especially math) has been hard for me. I wish I had friends/teachers who cared about me enough to try so many different methods of teaching. I thought it was really touching when everyone was helping Dash at the end. Not to mention, the comedy was amazing in this episode! And Pinkie Pie rapping....yeah might be my favorite episode of season 4.

• Brohoof 1

If TS kept pushing this rigorous study session on RD, then the funny part would be RD pushing a rigorous flight training session on TS. What's wrong Twilight? Can't do a single wing push up. Maybe you need to cut back on the burgers.

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed the history lesson and additional worldbuilding during this episode

Am I the only one who wants to see that "Admiral Fairy Flight" that Fluttershy dressed up as, and mentioned? Such an interesting name- i makes me wonder if fairy flight might've been a Flutter Pony (as they ARE fairies) who could've led the 7th Wonderbolts squad

• Brohoof 2

• 5 weeks later...

I must say, this episode is one of my favorites in season 4. I've actually waited for an episode about that we all learn in different ways and I finally got it :) To be honest, when I saw the title of this episode I thought it was going to be some sort of experiment episode where twilight do a bunch of magic stuff, but I was very wrong :P

This episode was funny and it had a good lesson. I loved the scene where RD was sitting on a stool and Spike & Owlowiscious was messing around xD

Though, the best part was Pinkie Pie the rapper, obviously.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...