Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is North Carolina against bronies?

ScarfaceOne

First Michael Morones gets bullied. And then Grayson Bruce. Even one of the people in the documentary was from North Carolina. The reason why these people are bullied i have just realized is because the bullies are rednecks. Man how I hate them. Trevor from GTA V says he hates them. So now North Carolina is taking really bad anti bullying measures for Bronies. Can anyone stop this persecution?

P.S: I am absolutely disgusted.

Edited by ScarfaceOne
  • Brohoof 1

From what I know about M'urica.

North Carolina is a southern-ish state. This means republicans, fundamentalists and other stereotypes that are not... pleasant, you know... the rednecks. Southern-ish states tend to be more conservative too, all of this adds up to intolerance of change and progress (the brony community).

Edited by SwigglySwiggly
  • Brohoof 6

I am so glad that I wasn't raised by a family of religious dingbats, in a state full of regressive simpletons.

Like, really, really glad.

The kinds of stories I hear from places like that really don't belong in any self-respecting first-world nation.

I feel like where I live it's just taken for granted that you don't act like a dumbass and you mind your own business. And that place is Canada.

Welcome to Canada: where everything is whatever.

• Brohoof 8

@@Nine,

Canada, nice people and enjoying maple syrup on everything... I think I'll fit in with you guys. 

Maple syrup actually sucks. Aunt Jemima is just fine.

But yeah, as a nation, Canada's pretty chill. We're all like .. hey, what's the point of getting mad about stuff? Let's just patiently talk it through instead.

And then watch hockey.

Deeeeeeeka derk

dey took our jeeeeeewbs.

I guess rednecks are more used to shooting rats with a shotgun and do ''manly things''

Must be some big rats if you need that much firepower.

• Brohoof 1

From what I know about M'urica.

North Carolina is a southern-ish state. This means republicans, fundamentalists and other stereotypes that are not... pleasant, you know... the rednecks. Southern-ish states tend to be more conservative too, all of this adds up to intolerance of change and progress (the brony community).

Yeah i hate to say it but the South is often very much behind the times guys. Sure bronies are often the target but you can likely include gays, liberals, atheists...you name it.  Conservative is often a synonym for a lack of change and that's never a good thing when you're doing something different.

That why I hope sometimes that AJ represents a good symbol of that culture in use and sense of pride for them through MLP at least. She one of the key characters that seems designed to win them over. I often wonder if she's a "background pony" over there or the most popular one?

Good news is that Texas seems oblivious to the rest of the South. I've seen more brony conventions there then in California!

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 3

Because there are a lot of hillbillies who are still stuck in the 1950's in North Carolina and in the south in general, I know not everyone in the south is like that and there are some unpleasant people everywhere but the southern culture tends to be less likely to accept anything that deviates from traditional gender roles.

• Brohoof 2

I keep hearing the term "redneck" get thrown around like it going out of style, heck I myself am pretty darn redneck when it comes to a lot of things, yet at the same time I am very open minded, don't mind gay marriage, etc I just think that a lot of people in the southern states are old fashioned, guys/boys are supposed to be into beer, Nascar and guns, and girls...THE SAME THING!!!! haha :P

No really though, sometimes it is sickening what people do, their has been parents disown their kids for liking the show! :angry:

North Carolina's pretty damn mired in the less than admirable traits of the South, even as far as Southern states go. My family used to regularly end up there during our times in Georgia and Virgina, and while I was too young to really be aware, my parents tell me it was especially bad and... isolated, out there. As if everyone out there keeps to themselves and their ways, which of course further prevents growth. Historically, the succession movement in the Civil War was born out of NC too. I dunno, I figure the state has it's own identity that's even more extremist than the other Southern states.

Good news is that Texas seems oblivious to the rest of the South. I've seen more brony conventions there then in California!

I don't see why there are so little brony conventions in CA! I live in the SF Bay Area. I've only gone to EquestriaLA but it's dead now and I didn't go to SacBrony because it's seems more of a big meetup rather than a con. I'm preparing to go to BABSCon soon. I had never been so surprised to see a convention that is less than an hour away from me! Luckily for us we have tons of anime conventions and I attend brony meetups there.

As someone who lives in North Carolina and also grew up here, I must say our school systems are ridiculous.  Bullying is VERY common and I myself have been bullied and seen others get bullied over the most ridiculous things.  Not sure if it stems from bad parenting or if the culture here is just so jacked up that it's unaviodable.  Probably a combination of both.  We have a lot of "ghetto" here, and when I was just 13 I was expected to have huge breasts and to cover my face in make up, and all little boys were expected to be football-playing douches with girlfriends.  It really isn't the best place to grow up and the town I live in has been deemed to have one of the highest crime rates in America (number 5).

As for the child that had his backpack taken, I'll just say: I once had a HAMTARO WRISTBAND.  You know.  Little talking anime hamster.  Yeah, they told me I couldn't wear it anymore or it would be taken because it was "gang-related."  Y'all don't know bout that hamster gang.

• Brohoof 3

I don't see why there are so little brony conventions in CA! I live in the SF Bay Area. I've only gone to EquestriaLA but it's dead now and I didn't go to SacBrony because it's seems more of a big meetup rather than a con. I'm preparing to go to BABSCon soon. I had never been so surprised to see a convention that is less than an hour away from me! Luckily for us we have tons of anime conventions and I attend brony meetups there.

If you want a lack of brony conventions, try living in the midwest.

OP: I don't know it could be what the people believe over there or just a coincidence (I don't know, I'm not really political)

North or South, liberal or conservative, discrimination knows no boundaries, not on geography or social lines, it is too simplistic to assume the South is conservative and progression is slow, or the North is morally right and understanding, I have been all over the country, that includes North Carolina, which quite a progressive state, it has really come a long way, and the people there are nice, granted you might find some jerks there, but they are isolated, as opposed to a urbanized area, odds are you are going to find hateful idiots there most often. I have been to the North too, it is just as loony as the old South, that was where I trained to be a sailor and a corpsman for the navy, there were people who were territorial, arrogant and classiest, it was quite a shock to see, so it broke the myth for the North as a place of understanding and tolerance. I know a lot of you bronies are young, still living at home, going to school, some of you might have been well travelled as I was growing up, the world is inhabited by people, and people can be like trained attack dogs, manipulated by someone to serve the will of some master, but not everyone is that way, we should not generalize, leave that to the haters, and show them the power of your compassion, all I can say is it is not North Carolina that is against bronies, it is people who is against a culture of people, so please bronies everywhere, do not falter no matter where you are.    

• Brohoof 2

The way I see it, is that if you go against the conservative social norm being in a bible belt state like North Carolina or South Carolina, some hostility is bound to arise, however I think that being faced with that person is likely, no matter their political affiliation, or location of upbringing. Some people are jus't unwilling to accept something so foreign to them.

aNTIbRonylogic_zpsbe885209.jpg

• Brohoof 3

@,

Well, you're right about the bible part.

SC in my opinion is sorta like one of those states that point out that in the bible gay marriage and being gay is a sin, compared to the north. Where people are like "Okay yo, like God wants everyone to be happy. And he loves everyone no matter what (unless they sin lol)" so gay marriage is okay.

I dunno thats just the way I see some southern states. 

First Michael Morones gets bullied. And then Grayson Bruce. Even one of the people in the documentary was from North Carolina. The reason why these people are bullied i have just realized is because the bullies are rednecks. Man how i hate them. Trevor from GTA V says he hates them. So now North Carolina is taking really bad anti bullying measures for Bronies. Can anyone stop this persecution?

P.S: I am absolutely disgusted.

From what I heard of a buddy on youtube is that:

1. Teachers and schools aren't trying to prevent bullying, they are trying to not give bullies a reason to bully

and 2. Obama is a dumnass

From what I heard of a buddy on youtube is that:

1. Teachers and schools aren't trying to prevent bullying, they are trying to not give bullies a reason to bully

and 2. Obama is a dumnass

What has Obama have to do with all this?

• Brohoof 3