Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can Your Preferred Pony Say Something About Your Political Views? ("Hunch")

aoEAF2FBvC0MIo2Q

Trixie or Fluttershy? Right-wing or left-wing politics?  

37 users have voted

1. 1. Your answers?

• Trixie, Right-wing politics
    • Trixie, Left-wing politics
    • Fluttershy, Right-wing politics
    • Fluttershy, Left-wing politics

(edited)

I'll explain later, okay? So yeah, choose which of the two ponies you like better; Fluttershy or Trixie, and also give which side you lean on in regards to politics; right or left. I've made the poll anonymous because some people prefer to be private about their political views. I'm wondering if we'll see a pattern but only time will tell. I'd like to get as many votes as possible and once I deem this poll to be dead, I'll explain what the idea I'm testing out is.

Anyway, for those of you who may not be sure, Right-wing politics tends to be about letting the government have a diminished role in regulating business or "freeing the market" as some would coin it, believing that it would benefit everyone in the end. Left-wing politics is more oriented towards social benefits and imposing stricter regulation on business. I hope that's enough of an explanation. It's not important how "moderate" or "extreme" you are, just as long as you fit in there.

Let's see what'll happen...

Just friendly advice; you might want to double-check to make sure you picked the right combo. I need this to be accurate if you please.

Edited by SunBurn
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think the only thing possible deduce from this as of now is that right-wing people prefer Trixie(even then, it's only one vote.)  Dunno why, Fluttershy is pretty awesome  ;)

Edited by Sir Fluffernutter

(edited)

Changed the title to something less innocuous. This is kind of a survey OK? Need as many voters as possible to weed out flukes as much as possible, mmm'kay? XD

Oh and I would greatly appreciate it if you were to link this to friends on this site. You would most definitely have my thanks.

Edited by SunBurn

I didn't think this would be limited to just Trixie and Fluttershy why them? Out of those two I prefer Fluttershy though honestly I like them both but they are a tad overrated in my personal opinion. Of course I wouldn't describe my political views as either left wing or right wing but at the same time my views are far too radical to be considered "centrist" or "moderate" as well I am a libertarian and libertarians believe in a small decentralized which would arguably make us more fiscally conservative than republicans (who over tax and spend just as much as democrats by the way) but libertarians also tend to favor equally limited government in peoples personal matters as well and the simple libertarian adage of "government out of the boardroom and the bedroom" pretty much sums it up which arguably makes us even more socially liberal than the democrats (how many democratic politicians do you know that favor legalizing drugs and prostitution? I sure can't think of any.) Of course I am simplifying things a bit but, well I guess you get the idea.

What me preferring Fluttershy over Trixie may say about my own politicial views is that like Fluttershy I have a strong aversion to violence, the two points that best sums up my entire political philosophy are the Non Aggression Principle and the Consistent Life Ethic. The Non Aggression Principle simply means that so long as what someone is doing does not harm or violate anyone else rights than they should be allowed to do so because it is not the governments place to police peoples private lives and that violence should only be used as an absolute last resort. The Consistent Life Ethic is the belief that all life from the womb to the tomb has an inherrant dignity and needs to be protected which puts me at odds with some libertarians (libertarians are probably just as divided as the general public on abortion) meaning that I am against the death penalty, pre emptive wars and human rights abuses like torture for the same reason I am against abortion being that they are all senseless acts of violence.

What's the difference between "Left Wing" and "Right Wing"? ^^

I'm not into politics at all, I'm sorry! ^^"

(edited)

I voted for Trixie Right-Wing.

But the only thing I can see right now, is that most people are for left-wing...

I don't know where this is going, but it's interesting.

Edited by boiteporte

I have two simple rules when it comes to politics;

Those are two very good rules to follow, I am ashamed to say it took longer for me to realize this it should have but I suppose better late than never.

What's the difference between "Left Wing" and "Right Wing"? ^^

Absolutely nothing, seriously I am not saying that to be funny there really is no difference between "liberal" and "conservative" politicians except for their rhetoric.

• Brohoof 1

Absolutely nothing, seriously I am not saying that to be funny there really is no difference between "liberal" and "conservative" politicians except for their rhetoric.

I'm not being smart or anything, I just don't know what they reference. 

I'm not being smart or anything, I just don't know what they reference. 

"Left wing" refers to liberal and "right wing" to conservatives but like my previous statement I am a huge critic of the left-right paradigm. This should help even if it is an oversimplification

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_difference_between_a_liberal_and_a_conservative

(edited)

Most people likely don't know or care about politics whatsoever, or they pretend to know. So this probably isn't going to have the best results to be honest. Then again that's likely a huge assumption, and the same could be said about any political thread, so I'll just stay out of it. curious to see what this experiment is alluding to

Edited by Rivendare

Fluttershy Left Wing

I would assume you expect Fluttershy fans to be more liberal, while Trixie fans are more conservative?

I would have done Fluttershy and Applejack instead to be honest.

"Left wing" refers to liberal and "right wing" to conservatives but like my previous statement I am a huge critic of the left-right paradigm.

Oh okay! ^^

What's the difference between the two? ^^"

Oh okay! ^^

What's the difference between the two? ^^"

The link in my last post describes it although it is a bit simplified, of course the oversimplified nature of human behavior that is the basis of it in the first place is one of the many reasons why I am not a fan of the way the terms "liberal" and "conservative" are used these days.

Trixie left wing. I sort of think I know where you're going with this. Trixie is hard and fluttershy is soft. Fluttershy is the softer version orf the left and right wing and Trixie is the tougher stricter version of the left and right wing. But that's just my theory. I'm not saying it's true.

From the comments, it makes me wish I had done a preliminary poll on choosing which characters to pick. Maybe I should have gone with Rainbow Dash instead of Trixie...

By the way is this for a political class?

From the comments, it makes me wish I had done a preliminary poll on choosing which characters to pick. Maybe I should have gone with Rainbow Dash instead of Trixie...

What you could do is keep this poll up for a little while and then post the results and switch it out to 2 other characters later and then post the results of that and so and so forth. But one thing about limiting it to 2 is what if a person dosen't prefer one or the other and even dosen't like both of them? At least with my suggestion people would eventually be able to come up with an answer because different characters would say different things as pretty much everyone political philosophy is the sum of many parts which can sometimes come from different political philosophies. 

(edited)

By the way is this for a political class?

Just curiosity. One that got sparked by a certain video I saw yesterday. Not going to show it because that's sure to stir some controversy. What's more, we don't get political classes in this curriculum (Electrical Engineering). If the poll continues on the current trend, the only thing that could be concluded is that Fluttershy is more popular than Trixie and that bronies (here) tend to be left-wing.

In the future I'll ask a similar question but be much more direct (that is, the relationship between certain inclinations and political alignment) and if a relationship is found, I could then ask which of the most popular ponies embody such inclinations best.

Edited by SunBurn