Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many languages do you speak (or plan to learn)?

Carbon Maestro

How many languages?  

121 users have voted

1. 1. How many languages do you speak (or plan to speak)?

• 6 or more

So as an American, I realize that there are many who only speak one language (Some Americans can't even speak one language, at certain times). So I was wondering, how many people here are at least bilingual?

For me I am a bilingual who speaks English and Chinese due to the fact that my adopted parents are Chinese. What do you speak and what other languages do you speak?

• Brohoof 3

So as an American, I realize that there are many who only speak one language (Some Americans can't even speak one language, at certain times). So I was wondering, how many people here are at least bilingual?

For me I am a bilingual who speaks English and Chinese due to the fact that my adopted parents are Chinese. What do you speak and what other languages do you speak?

Just wondering, Mandarin or Cantonese? By the way I can speak fluent French and to be honest, schoolboy German!

(edited)

Its strange, yet sometimes its good to be a well rounded individual but I know:

• English (American) - Fluent
  • Spanish (Spain/Cuban Dialect) - Fluent
  • Italian - Intermediate
  • Portuguese - Intermediate
  • Chinese/Mandarin (My ex-gf taught me) - Intermediate
  • Japanese (My ex-gf also taught me that) - Intermediate
Edited by Thunder-Wing
  • Brohoof 2

Just wondering, Mandarin or Cantonese? By the way I can speak fluent French and to be honest, schoolboy German!

Mandarin. I find Cantonese to be...less helpful because it's spoken by the older folks.

• Brohoof 1

I speak perfectly Russian (I was born there), French (I live in Paris now) and English (because it's cool :D). But I plan to learn up to 10 languages ! Finnish and Japanese are the ones I want to learn the most :)

Mandarin. I find Cantonese to be...less helpful because it's spoken by the older folks.

I heard Cantonese is difficult compared to Mandarin, where its a lot easier, IMO. 

I already know Spanish (my main language) and I also know English, and know a liiiiittle bit of French and German. Would be awesome to keep learning German and heck, I want to learn Russian!

I speak perfectly Russian (I was born there), French (I live in Paris now) and English (because it's cool :D). But I plan to learn up to 10 languages ! Finnish and Japanese are the ones I want to learn the most :)

You're pretty brave for wanting to learn 10 different languages  :blink: . Is Spanish in your list? :D

• Brohoof 1

Bi-lingual.

Native English (Cali born 'n' grown), & native Spanish.

I plan to learn

- Japanese

- German

- Chav

• Brohoof 1

I speak English only, and don't plan to learn any other languages. I sort of expect everyone else to speak English.  :comeatus:

This probably makes me sound like a stereotypical American, which I'm fine with.

Well, English, obviously, but Je parle un peu le français. (I know a little French :D )

I wouldn't call myself fluent, and if a native speaker saw what I just said there would probably be a few errors in it, but I can hold conversations in it :D

• Brohoof 2

I speak 1 language fluently but still like a spaz, 2 language to an okay extend, 2 other languages from school enough to have some kind of conversation and words and small phrases from Korean and Japanese Then there's other languages that I can understand some words now and then from, but yeah that's it.

Nice to see some people that speak Portuguese as well. It's a really underestimated language.

As you can already tell, I speak English and Portuguese. Just that.

Well... If you count all languages, then I also speak Math and Lua. lol

• Brohoof 1

Local Languages I can speak:

1. Tagalog
  2. Illocano
  3. Bisaya
  4. Illongo
  5. Chavacano 
  6. Pangalatok

Foreign Languages I can speak

1. English
  2. Dead Latin
  3. French
  4. Russian
  5. Japanese
  6. Spanish

Though I've forgotten most of 2, 3, 4, 5 since I rarely use them. I used to speak them with little effort but now I need a dictionary to get by. Those were mandatory languages I had to lean when I was a 2nd year college.

Languages I plan to learn:

1. Equestrian.

My native language is English ('Murica), and I'm somewhat fluent in French. I've been taught Spanish, but due to my complete lack of interest in the language, I pretty much completely forgot it.

I plan to finish my studies in French, then take up German and maybe Japanese. It depends on how cluttered my head gets.  :blink:

I want to learn at least one other language in my time on this planet but I'm not sure which. On one hand, I could learn Japanese and be able to play even text-heavy Japanese games and whatnot. Spanish and Ukrainian (Russian?) are the two most spoken languages around here though so learning those could be helpful for career reasons.

(edited)

fdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

English is my native language. I took two years of Spanish in high school, and I've forgotten most of it. This was probably due to my lack of interest in the language. 

I wouldn't mind learning a language like Japanese, or Russian in the future. 

I speak Perfect Swedish and Perfect English.

I'm not the brightest man in the world and my brain can only hold so much information so I think those 2 languages is enough for me, as long as you know English you can speak to most people.

Well, I speak mainly English.

But I've been learning Spanish in school since it is required. 

I really want to learn to speak either French or Gaelic. Or both. :3