Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many languages do you speak (or plan to learn)?

Carbon Maestro

How many languages?  

121 users have voted

1. 1. How many languages do you speak (or plan to speak)?

• 6 or more

I've been learning Japanese for the past four years; so I can say I know the language. Unfortunately, I'm not as far along as I would like, but I can carry on a everyday conversation in the language. :)  I haven't studied much this year since college is taking so much of my time; but I definitely need to get back on it before I forget what I learned. -- ample atrophy in the language would be a nightmare, lol. :P

I know two English/Spanish although I really want to learn another language but not necessarily sure what to go with.

I speak Hunagrian (it's my mother tounge), English (like anyone else on here. :derp: ), Chinese (enough to have a really simple conversation) and a tiny bit of Japanese and German. Next term, I'll start larning Spanish to! :muffins:

My goal is to learn at least 20 languages, like my role model, Alexander Csoma de Kőrös. :)

(edited)

I speak English, Danish, French, a little German, a little Spanish and Latin.  :D

Edited by Guest

I speak English.

However I am learning Italian, Latin and French.

I plan to learn Japanese, once I am fluent in the other three.

And over the summer I am going to start learning Russian.

I speak Icelandic, Danish, English and a little bit German. I plan on learning Dutch, Russian, Portuguese and Japanese :)

My native language is English.  At the moment I am about to finish my third year of German, and I plan to continue learning German my senior year and into college.  After that I would like to learn Greek.  

Right now I can speak English and a little bit of Mandarin Chinese. I want to get better at Chinese and learn Japanese, making a total of 3 languages ^^

• 5 months later...

I never speak I only know English (though I learnt some French during my time in school), but I don't really see myself personally getting much use out of any other languages if I were to learn them. That being said, I'm still kinda curious about Japanese. :3

• 8 months later...

I'm only currently fluent in English, but I have plans to learn German, Dutch, and Icelandic at the minimum (I've already dabbled in all three), as well as pick up my classical Latin again.  I might also consider picking up Danish and ASL (American Sign language). 

I speak English, I learned a little bit of French and Spanish in sixth and seventh grade, but since I don't use them I can barely remember anything from those classes. I hope to learn German, but I'm fine speaking just English.

I speak English and Vietnamese fluently. I can also speak Spanish at an Elementary level and am working be more proficient at it. I find learning new languages to be very fun and rewarding. The reactions I get when I speak someone else's native tongue is priceless  :wub:

(edited)

I speak 5 and I am currently learning Russian at a slow pace and whenever I have the time. I really want to learn Hungarian and French as well. I'm always open to new languages, though.

I'd recommend interpals.net if you're looking for a language exchange.

Edited by Guest