Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many languages do you speak (or plan to learn)?

Carbon Maestro

How many languages?  

121 users have voted

1. 1. How many languages do you speak (or plan to speak)?

• 6 or more

I speak fluent English most of the time.  Mornings don't count.

I'm also learning Spanish in high school right now.  I plan on taking all four years, and I passed Spanish 1 with an A.

• 10 months later...

I put "1" in the poll because I'm not exactly fluent in Spanish yet. I'm planning on taking Spanish during college, so hopefully I'll be close to fluent. As for my native language, it's English (duh).

For a 3rd language, I really want to learn either French or Swedish. French because it's a common language, and Swedish because why not? (:

I speak English fluently and French some-what fluently (I'm still learning it in school) but I really like French. I also want to learn Latin but I don't know if that will happen.

Edited by #1FluttershyFan

I want to learn Japanese. I have already studied it for 2 years before hand. Its just now after 3 years since then that i have more time to study it, and boi did i miss it. Its so fun learning it and such an interesting language.

Natively speaking: Finnish

Natively speaking: German

First foreign language (eight years at school): French

Second foreign language (four years at school): English

Third foreign language (two years at university): Russian (mostly written only)

Fourth foreign language (one year at university): Swedish (written only)

• Brohoof 2

• Swedish, cause I'm from Sweden, duh.
  • Finnish, cause my grandparents on my father's side are from Finland. (I can just say simple things)
  • English cause da internetz
  • A little bit French which I had in school
  • I'm trying to learn Japanese at the moment but I just know hiragana and a few words as for now

Oh and if anyone is interested in learning Swedish I'd gladly help out with grammar and stuff :P

I can understand Spanish to an extent and speak a few useful words.... as for languages I wish to learn..... Russian, Dovahzul, and maybe Japanese only if my sister learns Japanese first.....

my family is telling me and my sister how useless those other languages are and we should just learn Spanish..... we have no interest in learning Spanish though....

ummm let's see.

English familiar with both uk and us dialects and word choices

French though it's been a while so I'm rusty

Spanish mainly European than central southern america.

I'd like to learn Italian, Japanese, Russian, German and maybe Celtic for the fun of it.

18 y/o british guy here.

- I speak English fluently.

- I also speak german well although I wouldn't call myself fluent, but it was enough to have extended conversations with people when I travelled around Switzerland and Austria last year and I would consider myself good enough to be able to live in a german speaking country permanently. I'd like to learn to "sound" more german though, since every native seems to be able to tell I'm british. 

- I speak some swedish but I'm not good at it (ex gf taught me some because she was half swedish) but I'd like to learn more, sverige ar ett fantastisk land! (yes I can't write the correct characters due to my british keyboard, apologies)

- I know enough finnish and spanish to have some basic conversations with people. I'd love to become fluent in finnish but realistically I don't know if I have the motivation....all those vowels xD

Edited by ponypowa96