Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many languages do you speak (or plan to learn)?

Carbon Maestro

How many languages?  

121 users have voted

1. 1. How many languages do you speak (or plan to speak)?

• 6 or more

I speak English and intermediate-advanced Japanese. I can read pretty fluently, kanji still messes me up.

I'm planning on learning basic dog commands in Spanish, Mandarin, and Korean as well since we have clients at work that teach their dogs in their native language.

If I has a nickel for every topic like this.

I can fluently speak English and Spanish. My French is at the conversational level (and fading), but I don't think I'll become fluent in it soon enough.

First of all, plenty of Americans speak another language apart from English. If you mean non-white Americans . . . well even them! Go to the Midwest, almost half the people are fluent in German! But I digress.

I don't count it, but I know how to read and speak latin pretty well. I will probably learn a few Japanese phrases by association of studying kenjutsu, and I perhaps would like to learn Portuguese in case I move to Brazil.

(edited)

Native English speaker. I also know a tiny bit of German, then only a few phrases in Tagalog, Japanese, French, Maori, and Thai. I plan on learning German fluently then from there another language, maybe challenge myself with Russian? I also know basic HTML if that counts for anything.

Edited by Dovashy

I can speak no language other than English and I plan to keep it that way.  I tried learning Spanish and French and it didn't work out well for me.

(edited)

I speak Spanish (my native language) and English, I learned a little of Italian and Japanese but not enough to have a conversation.

Edited by RainbowMau
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

i am italian, so i speak fluently

Italin,

Venetian language,

good level on Latin,

english of course,

working on german,

java

c++

assembly

some of binary

uh.. maybe those are not what you meant..

Edited by Doc. Volt

Just one for me; English. x_x

Though at some point I would also like to learn at least one of the following:

~ Japanese (High priority)

~ Swedish (Medium priority)

~ French (Low priority)

:squee:

• Brohoof 1

Well, I can't really speak any languages properly. I always mess up.

But I can write and read very well.

French: perfect grammar.

English: quite good, not perfect.

Latin: I can somehow read this and I know a few words.

Spanish: I can read, but can't write.

(edited)

Well, I can't really speak any languages properly. I always mess up.

But I can write and read very well.

French: perfect grammar.

English: quite good, not perfect.

Latin: I can somehow read this and I know a few words.

Spanish: I can read, but can't write.

non me unum tantum Latine sciunt bonum :lol:

Edited by Aeron-Quillson

(edited)

English is my native language and I've been told by some of my friends that I can write up to college level standards. Most of my English comprehension came from reading a ton of books and various pieces of literature when I was young  :)

Quiero ser elocuente en hablar, leer, y escribir en español. Solo sé un poco de la lengua española hasta ahora y estoy todavía aprendiendo. Mi novia es mi maestra de español. La amo :) Así lo siento por los errores. He estado aprendiendo el idioma por pocos meses y todavía es no facil para mi. Solo puedo escribir y leer en español hasta ahora. No soy bueno en hablando la idioma, todavía no   :blush:

Use a translator if you didn't understand what I said  :P But that's basically my current writing ability in Spanish. I still need a lot more practice  :blush:

After Spanish (if I ever manage to reach fluency in the language  :P ), I am planning on learning Hebrew with my girlfriend. After Hebrew, I might learn French with her too, then Swedish because we both want to learn that too  :lol:

I might want to learn some Greek too, only because the writing looks pretty cool  :) It would be interesting to at least know how to read and write in Greek  ^_^

Edited by Dsanders
  • Brohoof 1

I speak English and spanish occasionally. I can read Russian and Ukrainian. I plan to learn some European languages such as french, german and Portuguese. The Asian languages are a bit too hard to understand cuz of tone exept for Japanese and Korean.