• Dubstep/Drum and Bass
    • Electro/Techno/HipHop/House/Disco
    • Country/blues
    • Heavy metal
    • Pop/Reggae/rock
    • Others
    • I'll Listen to any music when im gaming
    • i dont listen to music when im gaming

A personal favorite of mine when I'm playing Battlefield 4, or any FPS at all.  B)

Usually I just listen to the songs and sounds of the game. I don't wanna miss any good music the game might have. This is especially true in certain games and certain developers who I know have great music like Atlus with the Shin Megami Tensei games.

On occasion when I get into a grindfest I'll just put my MP3 Player on shuffle though. I have mostly metal on it but there's some other things on there too from rap to Two Steps From Hell (which is practically a genre in it's own, if you know what I'm talking about)

• 2 weeks later...

I generally don't listen to music during my gaming sessions, unless I'm doing something that doesn't require me to keep an ear out for baddies and whatnot (such as using the Arma 2/3 mission editor, or doing photo shoots in Skyrim).

In the event I do, I pretty much exclusively listen to 'electronic' (for the lack of a better word) type music, like the stuff you'd find on Monstercat or xKito. :squee:

I usually listen to the game's soundtrack.Feels like it's kind of an insult to play other music while playing a game that's been decently made,they spent time and money on hand-making the music to fit the game.Plus,some games just have amazing soundtracks like literally any song from either of the Payday games,Hotline Miami,majority of the Final Fantasy series...if you miss on out on some of the songs,you're kind of missing out on a bit of the experience,y'know?

The only exception I make to that is when I'm hardcore grinding in a game,in which case,I put on some alternative rock or stand-up comedy to listen to so the time passes by faster.

I've listened to quite a lot of Archie's Discography while playing TF2, as well as All Levels At Once, as well as a lot of fandom music in general. Besides that, I listen to whatever is interesting to me at the moment. I was listening to a couple of albums of electroswing/electro-hop a while back, for instance.

Recently? Game music. If what I'm playing doesn't have a solid soundtrack, I'll substitute one from a different game. This is how I discovered that the Third Strike soundtrack makes WoW more bearable yesterday.

EDIT: Also the Rainbow Rocks soundtrack, because that makes figuratively everything better.

Edited by Shimmer Down
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I create playlists for gaming in PvP environments, and the best ones to listen to are fast paced and and pretty bass'y, but honestly, if i was to choose something that I enjoy of gaming, probably mellow rock.

I'll usually listen to metal or classical depending on what I'm playing. (e.g. metal for an fps, classical for a sandbox) although I usually don't. If I'm playing a single player game, I'll want to concentrate on what people are saying and/or what's going on around me, and in a multiplayer game, not being able to hear your surroundings can put you at a severe disadvantage.

Also, why is classical in the same section as dubstep?

Edited by Omega Centauri

I don't really listen to music since I'm usually playing a game where I'm trying to pay attention to the story or the soundtrack in the game is already really good. But recently I have been listening to the Giant Bombcast or other podcasts when I'm playing something I can just kind of zone out on.