Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Awkward Moments Do You Know Too Well?

Venomous

Pretty much all that you named. 

The worst I hate is awkward silence and you take out your phone and pretend to text or when you side step someone like 7 times. Then you feel like a complete idiot. 

Well, one thing that I hate, is when you are having a serious convo with someone and you mess up a word and start stuttering. Not sure if everyone has done this, but it makes me feel stupid and embarrassed.

• Brohoof 1

Well, one thing that I hate, is when you are having a serious convo with someone and you mess up a word and start stuttering. Not sure if everyone has done this, but it makes me feel stupid and embarrassed.
Not just serious conversations. I can gather my thoughts and sound intelligent in the safety of my own head, but ask me to speak to a person or group, and the ability to speak English flees. 
  • Brohoof 1

For me, it's being completely silent during a lengthy conversation, not because I have nothing to say, but rather I really want to say something and, unfortunately, the other parties involved just will not leave even the tiniest opening for anyone else to get a word in.  Often concluding in the topic of conversation changing about 8 times before I can say anything.

• Brohoof 2

I remember, back when I first joined, I'd comment on a bunch of statuses. I try to comment on statuses a lot; still do. 

Anyway, back when I first joined, I remember making a joke about Rarity on a status, like, "That's the Rarity of funny pictures. And by that, I mean it's the best."

It never failed; someone would always run in there and say "I don't like Rarity very much."

"...Oh, well then."

It always felt hella awkward. I feel kinda awkward just talking about it :D

• Brohoof 2

I remember, back when I first joined, I'd comment on a bunch of statuses. I try to comment on statuses a lot; still do. 

Anyway, back when I first joined, I remember making a joke about Rarity on a status, like, "That's the Rarity of funny pictures. And by that, I mean it's the best."

It never failed; someone would always run in there and say "I don't like Rarity very much."

"...Oh, well then."

It always felt hella awkward. I feel kinda awkward just talking about it :D

I can see how that would be awkward, what with Pinkie being the best and all.

"Here's your dinner, enjoy!"  "Thanks, you too!... oh."  :blush:

I live with my dad's girlfriend and we never really speak so anytime we run into each other in the hall it is very awkward.  (I dislike her so I have no intention of starting conversation.)  Did I mention she just happened to come home while I was walking to my room from the bathroom with no clothes on? Yep and that.

• Brohoof 2

Okay well i've told this story multiple times on the forums and it always seems to make people laugh and it has a happy ending  :D

Well first off i was currently dating a girl who did not know i was a Brony or what a Brony was and the night before we we're at a party so as we woke up the next day we we're pretty hung over so we decided to go out to a cafe for Brunch and today i randomly decided to wear my Pinkie Pie party shirt plus my girlfriend thought it was cute :wub: . we headed down to out usual cafe and sat down outside we sat down and the cafe is right next to a comic store, so we just ordered our food and what do i see walk out of the comic book store a fellow brony and this was the 1st time i had ever seen someone in public wearing a pony shirt but this guy was the complete brony stereo type greasy long hair, neckbeard / lions mane, overweight and wearing a fedora a dirty pony shirt with a suit vest over it and cargo shorts.

so he spots me a mile away and straight away walks towards me and i acted friendly you know giving him a brohoof saying hi nice to see a fellow brony and all that jazz and just when i thought we would be leaving he decided to take a chair from the table next to us and took a seat right next to my girlfriend (he smelled a little on the stale side) and i don't know if you have ever been hung over but all your senses are amplified so my girlfriend is almost gagging at his smell  :lol: not very romantic. so he keep talking about ponies too me i pretend to be interested in his concepts of the show and stuff hoping he would leave soon he doesn't, i try to hint we would like to be alone he acts totally oblivious and keeps talking never stops talking my girlfriend is almost about to burst an artery trying not to tell him to buck off when he eventually leaves my girlfriend looks at me very confused so i explain too her the show and all that she laughs like you obviously would at 1st then she says she wants to watch it so we get home watch the 1st couple of episodes and then 5 hours later we are onto season 2 and we spent all night like that snuggled on the cough watching mlp now my girlfriend is one of the biggest bronies i know  

• Brohoof 2

I do have a bad case of #2. My classroom is pretty noisy and you can't transcribe someone's speech in that noise, so sometimes, when my classmate says something to me I couldn't transcribe or understand, I just let off a giggle. D:

For #5, yup. Usually happens my mom orders purified drinking water, I am usually the one who pays them and haul the bottles of water in. After paying them or receiving change, the delivery man says "thank you" (or in my native language, "salamat!") before I knew it, so we end up saying it in harmony. Anyways, it's normal for Pinoys to say "thank you, thank you!", especially for someone who's helpful. :P

I do also have this awkward moment. Back when we had like the table tennis competition, which I was participating, I was unaware of who's currently there, who's next, and how many rounds, so after a few rounds or whatever you call that (I suck at table tennis vocabulary. :P), I borrow the racket so suddenly from someone else, even if it's not finished. Caused by thinking of too much ponies? :P

• Being together with friends outside of school and you don't know what to do, so you just walk around in town, completely quiet, hoping either you or them get into any store

Talking about fandoms and Yaoi, when your only sassy guy friend suddenly comes directly into the conversation and he just stands there and listen, while giving you a look that says '' Why did I hear that? ''

Being too friendly/loud/comfortable around people I don't know, because I'll probably act like a lazy, sarcastic and drunk despite the fact I hate the taste of beer

Sitting by the computer and tumbling down Tumblr while you're laughing at posts in class

Being together with a generally nice but very shy and quiet guy, and you don't know what to talk about so you just say '' So how is the weather today? '' even though you know it's just grey skies and cold

Whenever I'm dancing I try to make faces to loosen up a bit, when some of the others stares at me thinking ''.. Whut is she doing? ''

Standing together with 2 others, where one of them is in love with the other and you just stand there thinking '' I don't wanna go, but I have a very strong feeling I should.. This is very awkward ''

Singing with friends when you realize you're the one out of sync with your hoarse and deep voice, so you just stop singing and look around instead

Talking about for example The Hunger Games and then I just say randomly '' You're so pretty, and your hair is so beautiful, and why can't I be you?! ''

When someone calls you by your first name and you have no idea who the damn person is. I have to wear a name tag at work, so it happens often, but it is worse when the person is almost vaguely familiar and I'm not wearing a name tag. 

For me, it's being completely silent during a lengthy conversation, not because I have nothing to say, but rather I really want to say something and, unfortunately, the other parties involved just will not leave even the tiniest opening for anyone else to get a word in.  Often concluding in the topic of conversation changing about 8 times before I can say anything.

I know exactly how that feels !

"Here's your dinner, enjoy!"  "Thanks, you too!... oh."  :blush:

I live with my dad's girlfriend and we never really speak so anytime we run into each other in the hall it is very awkward.  (I dislike her so I have no intention of starting conversation.)  Did I mention she just happened to come home while I was walking to my room from the bathroom with no clothes on? Yep and that.

I remember one time I had to call off work because my Grandma was in the hospital. My boss said "Good luck with your Grandma". And I replied "You're welcome".

WHAT THE F*CK WAS I THINKING?

I know exactly how that feels !

I remember one time I had to call off work because my Grandma was in the hospital. My boss said "Good luck with your Grandma". And I replied "You're welcome".

WHAT THE F*CK WAS I THINKING?

It could be worse. You could have said "you too!"

That awkward moment when someone walks in on me talking to myself. Sometimes I even act like there is another voice talking back. I also like to do pretend let's plays, sing under my breath, and act out fantasies (usually involving ponies) to myself. My family looks at me really strangely when this happens.

• Brohoof 1

I always end up talking to myself when I'm alone and then my brother just happens to still be home and asked me who I am talking to, I just said no one and he gave me a look that was saying "Are you crazy" yet he pretends he is doing lets plays or he talks to his character when he plays thinking it will listen.

• Brohoof 1

When you think you recognize someone, but you're not sure and while you're trying to figure it out, they notice you looking at them funny.

When you want to talk to someone, but the best you can do is awkwardly ask for the time or directions (or some other pitiful cover) and walk away with a flustered expression (I think I've managed to get that far on a full two occasions).

So, what are some awkward moments that you hate when they happen?

1. When there is a random silence and I pick up my phone and pretend to text someone.

2. When someone says something to me but I can't understand them. So, I just nod and laugh hoping whatever they said wasn't a question.

3. When I thought I saw someone waving to me, but they weren't. So I just pretend I was fixing my hair...

4. Holding the door open for someone far away and your not sure if you should keep holding it or not.

5. When someone says "thank you" to me and I mess up my response by also saying "thank you".

6. Realizing mid-argument that I'm wrong, but I keep arguing anyway.

7. When I run into someone on the sidewalk and side-step them, but then they go the same way as me. Then we do it 7 more times until the requisite of awkward laughter.

Omg I recognize almost any of them so well ^^ actually all of them except the first one, I'm not that much of a mobile guy myself

• 2 months later...