Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Flash Sentry appeared again, what would you want it to be like?

Spikey-Wikey

Hey, you know the character Flash Sentry ? Around 78% of the brony fandom dislike him, mainly because he has no character and his role is forced.

But, if he did appear again (I'm pretty sure he will, lol), what you want it to be like ? If you dislike him because he has no character, if he has a personality, will that change your view on him ?

Note:I'm not a massive fan of Flash Sentry, I just dislike the hate he gets.

• Brohoof 4

Personally, I think that if they put some more work into his character, he has the potential to be very good, as well as possibly quite popular! I actually quite like him even as he is, but even so, I'd prefer if he was a lot more developed.

• Brohoof 2

Please, let him stay in the background and just sit there, not affecting the show. I think that would be the best spot for him to be.

• Brohoof 1

I love the idea of him being a background character who just gets shat on in every appearance. Like, if a threat attacks Equestria, they knock out Flash Sentry. Or if Celestia dismisses the guards from the room, Flash was just trying to talk to her. Or Spike is distracted by a shiny object and steps on his hooves. This is unrelated to whether or not the episode is in Canterlot; only requirement is that it's outside of Ponyville.

671b7f4e563f5f119bebe9f575c899e7.jpg

I don't hate Flash Sentry at all; it's just that the idea of this pony which is inexplicably hated for doing nothing amuses the heck out of me.

• Brohoof 3

Honestly, as long they actually develop his character into something likable enough to be worthy of appearing again, I can't really say I'd mind. I'm kind of a sucker for romance in cartoons and it'd be interesting to see if he actually had a personality. Of course, a good portion of the fandom would probably still hate him, but there's still bronies who think Fluttershy is a one-dimensional character so some of us can be quite stubborn. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd say, "I hope he stays, I want to see some love action."  I mean, I'd pair my OCs up with him in stories, but he's taken by Twilight and her undying love for him.

I would grab my hat, and duck under the computer for there will be a war :okiedokielokie: , and spoiler he might steal peoples waifu :blink:

I don't hate Flash Sentry at all; it's just that the idea of this pony which is inexplicably hated for doing nothing amuses the heck out of me.

He broke the system of the guard colors. He is a sore thumb of the royal guard world.

• Brohoof 1

I like him.  I wish they would bring him back.  I hope he gets transferred to be one of Twilight's royal guards and they just have awkward little giggle moments when they pass by.

As others have said, I don't see anything wrong with him getting a bit of development and some appearances. As long as they don't shoehorn the romance plot in. Either make it natural and good (the writers have the potential, they've genuinely impressed with some episodes as of late) or don't do it at all and just have him be another friend.

(edited)

If they make him an actually interesting and purposeful character, he's free to do whatever and I would not mind, I think he's fine as a cameo tho, especially because people just freak the hell out when they see him :lol:

Edited by Quarium

Sure, let Flash show up and he can try to talk to Twilight. Then Discord snaps his fingers and Flash is chained up right next to Tirek in Tarturus.

• Brohoof 1

At this point I don’t think FS can really win as a character unless the show takes a HUGE step in making background characters not only recurring but important to the overall story plot.

The issues surround FS seem to follow as such

1: He is a reminder of a movie that the fandom is very opinionated about and because his human counterpart could not deliver when it comes to having him have a point, thus the pony version of him is dragged into that dislike.

2: Because he is a BGP he suffers like so many BGP in being there only to serve the plot and nothing more. So unless the plot decides he has more of a role, he will continue to be a puppet and not a real functioning character.

3: Even if the plot decide to give him a point, the question is, what kind of role could he serve? All of the girls fill different roles and for FS to find a place within the cast he would need a strikingly different personality as well as role that no other pony could be. Outside of potential love interest, it seems that most of the other roles have been filled.  Due to the fact that none of the MLP writers have proven competence in writing romance, I think FS is kind of screwed.

So with this red tape still very much in place, I honestly think FS should just stay a BGP for his and all of our sacks.

• Brohoof 1

I don't hate him but I just don't really care for him. He lacks a personality which really hurts his character overall. If he were to have an important role, please just make him more interesting!

I personally hope he just remains in the background. Mostly because I don't want people to get pissed that their waifu is stolen but also because I don't think he'll contribute to the show in anyway, like certain ponies we know *cough*snipsandsnails*cough*

I don't understand why people hate him. He didn't do anything that was bad, he was just an underdeveloped movie character (a movie many fans don't consider canon anyway). It's not like he was Jar-Jar Binks! If he comes back, develop him more and then have him as a secondary character

• Brohoof 1

Flashsentry is a clean slate to me, not developed, forced, and your clieche hero without flaws.

They need to develope his character to show that he's not perfect in every way, that he has his quirks and is relatable. Far as I can tell the first impressions is 'the perfect stallion' boring lol.