Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you follow the fandoms motto of 'love and tolerate'?

Twilicorn

I personally love the motto our fandom has adopted. However, for it being my main fandom, I find that I am not very loving or tolerant. I am rather mean and rude at times, do any of you have the same issue?

• Brohoof 2

I love it as well! But I am in the same predicament as you, and have a hard time being loving or tolerant... but I try. Although I don't really have issues with being mean or rude... I NEVER try to do that! At least online... that is... ^^;

Yes, I have been trying to love and tolerate people. I do happen to get into heated debates with people on Youtube, but I try not to get myself upset at them. I just pity them, and how ignorant they are.

• Brohoof 1

I don't. I'm not against it but neither do I feel it's necessary to follow it. The idea that I should respect someone by default disgusts me. You have to earn my respect.

I do believe in common courtesy and not starting shit where it doesn't need to be started but I do not love or tolerate by default. That's a status you earn from me, not something I give you for no reason whatsoever.

• Brohoof 2

I follow it, but nearly everyone else says they do and then shit on cloppers. Yay.

all fandoms furries, comic books, doctor who even has a dark side and you have to learn to not care about that dark side (unless your part of it) its one of those look at me not giving a damn things.

(edited)

I'm very tolerant but I'm not exactly loving. I accept everyone and everything but not without a lot of bitching and complaining.

Edited by Puerto Princessa

(edited)

all fandoms furries, comic books, doctor who even has a dark side and you have to learn to not care about that dark side (unless your part of it) its one of those look at me not giving a damn things.

I'm not a clopper, I just don't understand why people hate them so much.

Edited by CrystalTheVampony

I'm not a clopper, I just don't understand why people hate them so much.

idk maybe its because mlp is a kids show and its just a tad wrong to clop to it but meh it doesnt bother me i dont like it but if other people do who am i to judge them

We have a motto? When did we get a motto?

As for that troll shield that you're talking about, no, I do not follow it. It's bs in and of itself and Id rather not be one under it.

• Brohoof 3

I follow the concept to try and set a better example for our fandom. Only exceptions are when some asshats (particularly anti-bronies) insults me, equally dehumanizes bronies, and classifies us all as autistic; then I am a frothing douchebag.

Hells bells, it has it's limits, we are human beings too for Luna's sake.

I love the motto and figure it as a good ethos for life. I am not prejudice against any race or creed, but I don't think that truly qualifies as "tolerance."

I think we can't really know if we do love and tolerate because it's inherently dependent on other's perception. I do however believe it is something always to keep in mind.

(edited)

I personally love the motto our fandom has adopted. However, for it being my main fandom, I find that I am not very loving or tolerant. I am rather mean and rude at times, do any of you have the same issue?

It might be informal but I do see that ideal as having value to represent this fandom although we should be wary of any attempt to use it as a measuring stick of a "superior fandom". We are people too..no different than others and most of us can have our negative times. Sometimes I can be rude and even insensitive but being loving and tolerant is an ideal...not a permanent state.

Edited by Silver Letter

I have not seen any evidence that bronies are any more tolerant or loving than any other group.

Because a good portion of people don't give us a chance and actively try to piss us off, like haters or anti-bronies.

Pitiable attempts to form a counter culture to combat a group for their TV show preference; by frequently dehumanizing bronies and over-generalizing them, the sad thing is that most of these haters have zero reading comprehension. The amount of BS they spew in pony sites regarding how I should feel less of a human being because I like a show they never watched is simply horrendous. Hell I'd be angry too.

Because a good portion of people don't give us a chance and actively try to piss us off, like haters or anti-bronies.

Pitiable attempts to form a counter culture to combat a group for their TV show preference; by frequently dehumanizing bronies and over-generalizing them, the sad thing is that most of these haters have zero reading comprehension. The amount of BS they spew in pony sites regarding how I should feel less of a human being because I like a show they never watched is simply horrendous. Hell I'd be angry too.

I'm sure more people would have more positive feelings if our fandom dropped (not to overgeneralize) the "white knight battling hate" attitude. 

Most people are not bronies or those vile pseudotrolls that call themselves "antibronies." They just don't give a ****. I know from experience, and from people I've talked to. When we get into these flame wars, people see the adherents of two seemingly ridiculous fads bickering and posting dumb memes on forums like children. If you don't react to trolls, and don't spam forums with pictures of ponies and pony talk, people will just see bronies the way they see anime fans, and anti-bronies will go extinct from internet hate.

If people think bronies are girly, they tend to hate anti-bronies even more.

Those are my thoughts and experiences.

I'm sure more people would have more positive feelings if our fandom dropped (not to overgeneralize) the "white knight battling hate" attitude. 

Most people are not bronies or those vile pseudotrolls that call themselves "antibronies." They just don't give a ****. I know from experience, and from people I've talked to. When we get into these flame wars, people see the adherents of two seemingly ridiculous fads bickering and posting dumb memes on forums like children. If you don't react to trolls, and don't spam forums with pictures of ponies and pony talk, people will just see bronies the way they see anime fans, and anti-bronies will go extinct from internet hate.

If people think bronies are girly, they tend to hate anti-bronies even more.

Those are my thoughts and experiences.

You are correct, still doesn't change the fact that pony bashing happens frequently to the point that ignoring it is damn near impossible. There are arguments not worth involving yourself in, but what gets me the most that the people oblivious to the internet communities are likely to believe to the lies anti-bronies post about us. I know we have problems of our own, but it's really too much of a clusterfuck to properly identify.

The haters say awful things, I'm not being a white knight or anything, it's just I can't stand false information being fed to skeptical friends and family of bronies who might say or do hurtful things to them. Things like that happened to me as a furry, and it hurts...

• Brohoof 1