Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do if there's a huge spider/bug in your room?

Carbon Maestro

Dealing with giant spiders.  

213 users have voted

1. 1. A huge spider is in your room. Do you...

• Get a cup, trap it, then release it outside?
    • Swat it, then use a napkin to throw it away?
    • Throw water at it, then swat it?
    • Burn everything within a 4 meter radius.
    • Get someone else to get rid of it.
    • Catch it in a cup, and keep it as a pet.
    • Don't bother with it (Leave it alone).

It depends on what bug.

An ant? Squish.

A fly? Open the door/window cause ain't no way I'm gonna hit that super sonic speed thing, I'm not that fast!

A beetle? Put it on a piece of paper and let it go outside.

A spider? KILL IT WITH FIRE! (but usually if it small I just get a shoe and it ded)

So yeah I usually take a non-violent path when bugs enter my house, but spiders... I really don't like them, nothing personal just my brain is like "heck no that thing is way too freaky to just let go".

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just leave them alone to do their thing. :catface:

I've never been afraid of insects or bugs so I'm more than happy to let them walk or sit on me. Spiders on the other hand, I used to always have a really strong fear of to the point of cold sweats and not even wanting to be in the same room as them. However, I managed to get over the majority of that fear by actually letting them live in my room. So it's pretty normal for me to have a couple of daddy long legs spiders living in the corners of my bedroom ceiling now. I even had a large false widow spider living above the window behind my desk for a few weeks. Then it moved on and left two baby ones.

The only time I catch them in a glass and put them outside these days is when they try to set up shop near my bed.

I never ever kill anything though.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Depends on the type of a bug of course. If it's a hornet or wasp I kind of freak out because I have a genuine phobia of those and with enough effort and stalking it around for 5 minutes I'll eventually get it with a fly swatter.

Other bugs? Thankfully I don't see too many. Flies I try to kill of course but spiders I'll typically leave alone unless it happened to be one of the more threatening ones like a wolf spider. Moths I try to get out the window.

First of all! How do i vote please? Im new here if you could help me i cant figure it out!!!!!

But i would say that i want to like spiders but i just really cant bring myself to like them. Sometimes i think they afe cute like the little jumping soider with the BIG eyes. but i would not want to be near then. But yhen if i saw one i would probably wan to femove it but i would just be sSO STARTLED AND WANT TO SWAT ITbut then i feel bad for it and i wish i could bring it back to lofe and be  friend but not really. 
oh! I just saw that someone above me is talking about jumping spiders to!  Thats a coincidence teehee!!!!

Kill it them if they are in my bedroom,  given a spider nearly killed my cat in a bite.  :Cozy:

It depends - if it is possible, I catch it in a small box and then throw it out my second floor window. Reason - I don't need to clean the squished spider from the wall. 

However, in some cases I just kill it (especially if it's trying to run away). With other bugs, say, a moth, I use a transparent sticky tape, stick the bug to it and then squish it. usualy there's nothing left on the wall. 

One time I saw a small spider on the wall, but was unable to reach it (my room is cluttered), so I sprayed it with isopropyl alcohol, it either poisoned or drowned the spider. 

• 4 weeks later...

I don’t like spiders or bugs of any sort, and I won’t tolerate them inside my home. If I went out and stuck my hand in a spider’s nest I’d likely get bitten. So conversely, if they come into my living space I’d put an end to them. I will never try to catch a spider because that could be potentially dangerous and I don’t know enough about poisonous variations to justify the risk. I might make an exception for Daddy Long Legs, but I don’t like touching crawly things and my first instinct is to turn them into a little dark mark on the wall, ceiling or floor. Nature belongs outside, and intruders from without will be dealt with.

• Hugs 1