Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you do if there's a huge spider/bug in your room?

Carbon Maestro

Dealing with giant spiders.  

213 users have voted

1. 1. A huge spider is in your room. Do you...

• Get a cup, trap it, then release it outside?
    • Swat it, then use a napkin to throw it away?
    • Throw water at it, then swat it?
    • Burn everything within a 4 meter radius.
    • Get someone else to get rid of it.
    • Catch it in a cup, and keep it as a pet.
    • Don't bother with it (Leave it alone).

It depends I guess. If it's not bothering me I'll leave it alone. If it's dangerous in some way or another or it's bothering me, I'm probably just gonna swat it with whatever I can find to do the job. If it's something that belongs outside, I'll do something to put it outside. Millers are the exception to all of these. I will go miller hunting in my place in the summers because they're annoying, mark everything up with dust and poop, and they get everywhere

I'll admit it... I'd freak out at the sight of the bug, panic for a little while, then break out the bug spray, smother that sucker in some pesticide goodness, then dispose of it with a broom and dustpan!

To be fair I have killed a lot of spiders in my day, but I do try to save any that I can, but sometimes I just leave them alone and they go away on there own.

Most house spiders wont harm you they are just there to bug you to have a little fun in there short little lives. 

Normally, I would just leave them, but being in Australia, about 95% of spiders are deadly, so I tend to trap it and throw it outside cause I don't want to run the risk of getting bitten while sleeping. 

• Brohoof 1

Spider pictures... Spider pictures everywhere.

I have an arachnophobia and while there are some adorable spiders (aka jumping spiders and stuff) there are like none in or anywhere near my town. All of them are deadly, scary and some chased after me once here. So either they must die by newspaper/shoe.

spider-burn-house-down.jpg

Seriously, I have a very serious phobia of bugs and spiders. And not a phobia as in a colloquial way of referring to one's fear. An actual phobia. I found a cockroach by the sink as I was washing my hands one day. It had me in tears for 20 minutes, completely out of my control. That is how severe my phobia is. I had to wait for my partner to come home so he could spray it to death, then dispose of it. If I'm capable and not in a compromised position (like in a corner,) I'll attempt to kill it. To those who think that's cruel, crying for 20 minutes. And not just some sniffling. An absolute meltdown. That's what will happen until I feel it's no longer a threat. This is for the sake of my sanity. I try to kill it in the most distant ways possible. If possible, I use something chemical so I don't have to touch it. Something potent, like mold killer. Otherwise, I try to use something long, like a mop, so I don't have to touch it. If it's on the floor, I might vacuum it, but I can't pick it up, even in a tissue. Even when I vacuum them, though, I feel gross, feeling them go into the tube. Cuz they're hard, so the kinda clank in the tube until they're in the bag. So gross.

Yeah, I know it might sound ridiculous, but it's a phobia. That's just how it is. I'm working on this in therapy, but I'm definitely not there yet.

I really don't mind bugs at all and have no problem picking most of them up and setting them outside. Buuuut spiders are another story, no way in hell am I gonna pick them up. I will try to herd them into a cup and throw them outside though, depending on what kind of spider it is.

get a nerf dart and a 3-4 foot long half inch diameter PVC pipe. makes a great blowgun that will 1shot most small bugs and stun any others for the kill. and with a stationary target, very accurate (with practice of course)

Lol lots of you will trap and release spiders, and I commend you for it. I have been known in my area as the spider annihilator. No spider lives to see another day when I'm on patrol. I've gone to friends houses to take care of massive spiders for them. Ladies love a brave man ;)

I never enjoy killing spiders, though sometimes I have no choice. 

Whenever I see a bug, (note I really dislike bugs) I get someone else to get rid of it because its just so gross. 

Like I said, spiders don't really bother me unless their in my room.  If they're in my room, I usually take no chances and result in killing it.  But if its not in my room, I'll take it outside and let it go free.

Other bugs like beetle bugs or water bugs that you might find in your house every once in a blue moon is another story. I hate them, so I kill them.

Step 1: Get the hell outta there!

Step 2: Call in for orbital bombardment on my house.. er get someone else.

Step 3: If it doesn't work, don't enter it for hours, or even probably days.

I have a severe arachnophobia. Real ones, even if harmless and/or little, and also images of real spiders/very close to real spiders will scare me, unless those are already inside a film/TV, but then, it would have to be giant. All those spiders in Middle-earth didn't scare me, or either just frightened me a bit.

And spiders in video games won't bother me as long as it is not a very real lookalike.

Edited by TimeyMarey007

Depends on the spider. If it's not harmful, i'll let it stay to help deal with the pesty flies. If it's one of those dangerous spiders like a brown recluse or black widow. It gets squished. I normally dont mind spiders though. I let them crawl on me if they want to and im like all Fluttershy with them.

I generally try and trap the bugger in a glass and throw it out the window, even though I usually feel like chucking the whole glass out with it and then sanitizing my hands. :eww:

As much as I hate them, I can't ever bring myself to just squash the poor thing, have to give it its chance at freedom and away scaring people in houses that are far, far away from mine.

This is all just for the common Irish house spider though, which are barely ever bigger then the palm of your hand. I've heard other countries get them... not so small. If I were to see such a particularly large one, as in bigger then your hand well.. I can't be held responsible for what I might do.

d8f6cbc62bd7f6444254ef28ef63ce89.jpg

Probably end up something like that though.

• Brohoof 1

If we're talking something that looks like it would eat my face if I looked at it funny, I'd probably try to shoo it outside first, probably fail at that and then just kill it from a far distance (thankfully, I don't run into gargantuan spiders around here). Generally though I just kill pests.

I will kill it. I don't hate insects and spiders, and I'm not afraid of them, but it has no business being in my house. If I know it's endangered, then I will make an exception and let go outside.

Edited by Gernia