Twilights "crazy"

post-26270-0-25900600-1403732821_thumb.png

Rarity can be creative

post-26270-0-36851600-1403732934_thumb.png

Pinkamena
post-26270-0-20531800-1403733038_thumb.png

Errrrrrrm Fluttershy?
post-26270-0-80750300-1403733118.png

My theory was that these four were on the extreme side of their elements, such as perfect happiness / laughter or perfect kindness, therefore they have got a long and contrasting way to fall. But RD and AJ just dont?

But if they are shown in the new season to have a "crazy side" (no not discorded) what in equestria will it look like? :P

I wouldn't be surprised if they do have a "Dark Side".   If they do, I would be looking forward to Rainbow Dash's "Dark Side".  :D

AJ on the other hoof, not too sure about.

We saw that in seasin 2 episode one, aj becomes dark, her non truth self comes out, though she was manipulated to act like this, we see aj can become crazy and hurt herself and others, I tried to put my point across

now rainbow dash, im gonna say she is gonna go crazy if she doesn't make it in to the wonderbolts.....

These are both just hypothesis

The closest AJ has ever come without Discord's influence was hyper-obsessiveness in "Somepony to Watch Over Me".

I agree with PinkiePartyPie on Rainbow Dash. We saw her become very depressed at the least when she thought she would never get into the Wonderbolts in "Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3". There have been similar times to that too, such as in "Rainbow Falls" when she went depressive for a little while after deciding her team wasn't good enough to qualify.

Maybe the "fangirl out of control" RD is her dark side? She becomes that which she thinks she desperately needs - obsessive validation. I dunno.

Sleepy AJ is dark AJ. :blink:

My guess is that Rainbow's dark side is that she goes into some crippling depression. Usually when she's at her lowest, she just loses the will to do anything and goes into a state of extreme saddness(MMDW when she's wondering why she's all alone, Daring Don't when she screws up when accompanying Daring Do, Testing when she can't find a good way of studying, those scenes really just wants to make you give her a hug)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think I'd agree Rdash's dark side can be shown in depression and being "the victim" in fannon. Let's face it from Cupcakes to rule 34, she seems to be the one that things happen TO (even though she's hardly a victim in the show).  Her meltdown into fetal position during Sonic Rainboom was the extent of that in reaction to competitive pressure. In the show I'd also add that arrogance could be a key negative charcteristic. In the Mysterious Mare Do Well we saw the full on narcisistic side. In some fanfictions (such as the Winningverse) her inability to listen and ability to fly off the handle and get into fights was another one. There's a grimdark ask tumblr blog (Fractured Loyalty) which basically has Dash falling into an selfish and careless personality after her own encounter with death, much like her discorded side in the Discord episode..

Applejack's bad side would be stubborness (a running theme) and paranoia (see loss of parents and fear of losing Applebloom). Technically her "breakdown" happened in season 1 when she filled in for Big Mac on the farm and ran herself into full on mental collapse. There's a grimdark tumblr called Ask Crapplejack that has AJ becoming a paranoid alcoholic and likely shutting her farm down to outsiders which could be a natural descent if she ever fell on dark times and chose family over outsiders or fell out with the mane 6.

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 3

Rainbow Dash:

A picture paints a thousand words.

rainbow__danger__crash__fim_title_cards_

Rainbow Dash's dark side is a combination of getting very needy and pushing everyone away, leaving her lonely and sorry for herself. As others have mentioned, rather pathetic.

Applejack:

Paranoia, delusion, the works.

Applejack has a skewed perception of how much she can do and how responsible she is for everything, and to make matters worse, she's stubborn. Her way or the highway. Except for the highway. And her way is terrible. And you'll never convince her otherwise. Which is all quite a strain on her mind, but she refuses to be helped. She is just fine on her own. 

applejack__bat____by_norang94-d6zqmvx.pn

Ironic transformation into Applebat optional.

• Brohoof 5

I say that Dashie already does have one, when she gets doubtful about something she usually get REALLY depressed which could lead to some pretty messed up fan fics if you think about it. :blush:

• Brohoof 2

There have been a number of times when another pony had to restrain / or verbally talk down RD because she was about to kick some flank.  To the Flim Flam brothers: "I oughta press you into jerk cider!"  I'd like to think that her "dark side" would be going all warrior goddess mode on a villain lol (not, like, an innocent bystander or anything).  The girl can do some damage; just look at how she obliterated that building (by request) in "Lesson Zero."  Awesome sauce.

Idunno about AJ; unless you consider her extreme stubborness in "Applebuck Season" to have leanings towards the dark side.  Her behavior in that episode was uncharacteristically self-destructive, and caused problems for other ponies as well.

• Brohoof 1

RD's darkside would probably be her overcompetativeness. She's demonstrated a couple of times that her focus on winning sometimes gets the best of her, perhaps it would be shown as her hurting people in her effort to win.

As for Applejack, we've seen her overprotectiveness of her sis, and her being really stubborn, but I can't see either of them developing into anything bad enough to be a really DARK side. so idk for her.

• Brohoof 1

*Seriousness*

Everpony has a dark side. Hell, Even I have a dark side. I don't really want to tell you all, but I'm sure one day I will.

*Non-Seriousness*

If Rainbow Dash (BEST PONY!) Had a dark side... Hmmm... I think I would love her even more.

RD's dark side is most likely a super arrogant 'i am superior to you because im me' kind of dark side.

I can easily see Rainbow Dash as a insanely arrogant,pompous,'your just mad cuz im better than you' type of person if she din't have friends. In the Mysterious Mare Do Well we see that she does have a possible superiority complex. This may also cause her to become manically depressed when she doesn't live up to even her own expectations like in Sonic Rainboom because in her mind she is 'awesome'.

As for AJ?...hmm..Stubborn as sin? We have also seen this already anyways from her early in the series.

Didn't we see RD like have a breakdown when she thought she could not preform the Sonic Rainboom?

It wasn't dark per se but it was a total 360 of her persona.

As for AJ again she did do a huge 360 freaking out about applebloom being alone so much so she had to check up on her sister every second.

Again not a dark side but a flip of their personas which in a way is what each of them did.

Twilight calm went crazy.

Pinkie went from happy to sad.

Rarity went from nice and open to controlling and mean.

Fluttershy went from nice and polite to rude and angry.

• Brohoof 1

Ooh, this gives me a good idea for an episode.  (not really serious, here.)  One of the ponies should develope multiple personality disorder.  And of course Zecora would be the only one who knows what it is, and the one to cure it.

Applejack went a bit crazy in Applebuck Season and in Somepony To Watch Over Me.

Regarding Rainbow Dash, I guess it's only a matter of time before we find out... :)

I see those "dark sides" more as mental break downs, but regardless :P.

And it's true we haven't really had a mental breakdown for rainbow dash or Aj. I mean we've had smaller ones for Rainbow, but not really anything to compare to the others, and applejack hasn't really truly had one quite yet.

Regardless I'd be interested to see them both have their own mental breakdowns(as weird as that sounds) although I feel like if any of them don't have a mental breakdown it would be AJ.

Then again I guess while it was a bit less extreme in my opinion Aj kind of had a mental breakdown sort of in Applebuck Season.

But it just wasn't quite like the others enough for me to include it personally. I'm sure they'll have them eventually though.

They have, though they're more... subtle. They work differently. Just think about it, they're both brave and strong. Always ready to face every dangerous situation. But there're times, when they forget about it. Their "dark sides" are their insecurities, moments of doubt. Just think about how Rainbow acted in Sonic Rainboom. Or Applejack's behaviour from The Last Roundup. For a while they both were paralyzed with fear and ready to escape, even though under normal circumstances, they'd be first to go and try to save the day. Applejack was ready to abandon her entire life! And Rainbow? She was acting like a scared filly. They both didn't want to admit that they might not be as good as they want others to think they are. They both were afraid that they might be not good enough, even though they proved how amazing they're so many times before. Applejack and Rainbow Dash care about how others see them, and both were working hard to be seen in a certain way. Of course, it depends on how you interpret the words "dark side". For me it's the same thing as toxic.