Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why have I not met any teenage pegasisters?

Defender of Tomorrow

(edited)

Mainly because the massive(imo) difference in female and male fans in the fandom. Honestly im abit shock that for every 1 female there is likely 15 males(from what i can tell).

Before i joined the fandom and was watching FiM on Netflix i had figured the fans would be mostly female or atleast 70/30 in favor of females not the other way around lol

Heck even on this site the percentage of guys over girls is huge(from what i can see) 

So ya,maybe that is why you aren't running into pegasisters/female bronies often.

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills

(edited)

I am not entirely sure but I suppose one theory I have might be that because watching things like cartoon ponies isn't seen as much of a big deal to them it isn't as much of a drawl because they are not as curious about it as a lot of guys are. Just be glad that most of the girls you know are at least tolerant of teens and adults liking cartoon ponies.

Edited by Casey Jones

Perhaps it's just the term you're using? I am a teenage female fan, which I assume is what you're looking for, but I'm a brony, not a pegasister. In fact, most of the bronies I've known in real life are and have been female as well. Maybe you're just in the wrong groups for it *shrugs*

• Brohoof 1

You simply haven't met me yet. ;)

I don't care what others call me. (Brony, pegasister, etc.) All that I know is that I watch a show about colorful equines intended for 6-8 year old girls. :P

So.. yeah. Here I am... and stuff.

• Brohoof 5

Yeah I'm a girl too :P

I dont really care if you use brony or pegasister, but I assume you just mean "female fan".

Most people I know would probably prefer brony though

There are a lot of female fans. Maybe they're just not open about their love of the show, or you just haven't met one yet. But yes, there are female fans out there.   :ph34r:

I only know of one in real life but she isn't a close friend of mine. But yeah there aren't as many female fans than males. Either that or they don't wear brony shirts in public a lot haha. (Though I have noticed at cons there seem to be plenty of female fans.) If you want to meet female bronies there are plenty of lovely ladies here on these forums.  ^_^

Well, if you are around 20-21 years old, I'd sure hope you aren't meeting a lot of "teenage" pegasisters. That might involve the police!

But joking aside, it could be because of your area. There are plenty on the internet, but if you area already has a low population of bronies then you are far less likely to encounter a pegasister/female brony.

Because if there are 1 pegasister for every 20 bronies, and there are only 5 bronies in your local area, then you are most likely not going to encounter them in person outside of conventions, the internet, and the craigs list personal encounters section.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I haven't even met a male brony, so I'd consider it quite lucky if you've at least met a male one.

But it depends where you live as Miaq said. They're everywhere on here, but the odds of them being where you live is all dependent on your area. And keep in mind they're are also closet fans, even females, yes. So even if they're there you might not know it because they're hiding.

Edited by Felix

Flash Sentry took all the pegasisters....  :(

HA HA HA! :lol:  no. :okiedokielokie:  Personally, I like the guy, but I seriously doubt he took ALL the pegasisters. :mellow:

Flash Sentry took all the pegasisters....  :(

That waifu stealing bastard! He's done it again! *raise pitchfork* I SAY OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!! 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

That waifu stealing bastard! He's done it again! *raise pitchfork* I SAY OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!! 

I agree,but i fear he may have taken too many already.. :(

He grows stronger every waifu he steals,and soon he will start to steal male bronies and then non bronies...

but his ultimate goal...is to steal Lauren Faust!

*gasp*

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills

264458__UNOPT__safe_applejack_animated_w

Girls in general, as others have mentioned, are pretty rare, and are probably less likely to advertise their presence in the fandom due to the fact that it's considered slightly more "normal". You're seen as immature rather than creepy.

• Brohoof 1

There's actually quite a few of us on the forums, if that's what you were getting at. I can't speak for in real life though, because that all depends on where you live. :P

Hey there @Defender of Tomorrow, I've moved your thread to Sugarcube. In the future try to make sure you post threads in the correct sub forums :)

OT: Im not quite sure why you haven't met many teenage female Bronies :?  I haven't actually met any myself. I suppose its something to do with an age disconnect if that makes sense.

Teenage Pegasisters? They are out there. One is glaring at me because she knows I'm talking about her online. The other one is complaining that it is too damn hot to do anything outside.

(sigh)